“STAY AWAY”

Ranked #26 of 35 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
Bristol, United Kingdom
“STAY AWAY”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2012

I've just returned from Playa Sol 1 with no weight luggage issues as we were "done" the first night. They say location, location, location! well the first morning was spent up the police station which was only a 10 min walk away so that's a plus!
Reception and management showed little interest in our problem.
Room was small and could have done with a refurbishment, over-paid compared to other similar rooms I've had for the money elsewhere.
Never to return.

Room Tip: Get a room with a safe in it, they have safety boxes over the other side in Playa Sol 2
2 Thank 186220Woody1955

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bristol, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2012

Well, where do we start. I have never written a review before, suppose I have always been lucky with my choice of holidays in the past and have never needed to complain. But this place, well lets just say that you learn by your mistakes.
On arrival - No hot water, leaking fridge, no cups, not enough cutlery and two electric hobs that took ages just to boil a kettle.
The first night we were burgled, having Ipods,cameras and designer sunglasses stolen while we were out, lucky that we had the sense to use the security box to leave our wallets , money and credit cards etc. No sign of a forced entry, so I guess someone had a key! The hotel staff did not seem too bothered. We reported to the police who informed us that it was a regular occurance.
Even towels were stolen from our balcony. So be warned !
Some positives - Good location ( between Cala Den Bossa and Ibiza Town) apartment was clean and sheets and towels changed regulary.
After the bad experiance of our first day, our holiday was fine, we did not spend much time in the appartment other than to sleep. Things were a bit noisy and rowdy around the pool during the day, so we gave it a miss and went to the beach.
To conclude, well lets just I will not be returning.
Steve P

Room Tip: Avoid room 109 and other ground floor rooms along that side of the appartment block. High security r...

Travellers are raving about these Playa d'en Bossa hotels

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2012

Less opinion here, more facts. I stayed here after the nearby Luxmar was full. Ultimately Playa Sol is in a better location but is not quite as good as Luxmar, although really there's not a whole lot in it.

There are two hotels here really, Playa Sol I and Playa Sol II. Opposite sides of the road. Both are pretty much exactly what you'd want if you expect to spend your days out / on the beach and your nights in the clubs. It's really not a place you'll want to spend too much time chilling at, pretty much because it's full of people who are either just coming home or getting ready to go out. Expect people to bring sound equipment, and expect people to use it!

Both I and II have pools, one reception serves both hotels 24/7, the cleaners do their job and security makes the noisy folk put a sock in it when they are loud too late into the night. In terms of the rooms, they are clean but basic, you get what you pay for here and essentially you are paying for a crash pad. You'll get a fridge, a kitchenette and a table, if your room has a separate bedroom you'll get a sofabed thing too. All in all, totally reasonable for the price.

In terms of local amenities, it is perfectly easy to walk to Sankeys, Space, Playa d'En Bossa and Ibiza Town from here, there's a couple of cash points and supermarkets close by as well as an abundance of bars. The beach is also literally just down the road. Taxi's to Ibiza town will set you back about 7 euros and if you head over to San Antonio in a cab you're looking at about 30 euros.

2 Thank garyjjlancaster
Stockport
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

Small apartment, fairly basic and in need of some TLC to repair a few things like broken tiles but had everything you needed for a clubbing trip to Ibiza. Pretty typical furnishings - two single beds in the bedroom and a sofa bed in the main area. Tiny bathroom (not even room for the standard bidet!) fixed showerhead that could do with a bit of a descale but it did the job, certainly no lack of hot water at any time. It's also fresh water - some of the local hotels and apartments have salt water plumbing for the bathrooms. Unexpected bonus was that our room had aircon but the balcony door must be shut for it to work - we spent a good 20 mins trying to turn it on before we realised!

Kitchen area only had two rings (no microwave), a fridge and a sink and basic crockery etc. Wouldn't have wanted to do any cooking but then that's not why we went! Had a TV as well which was a bonus but never ever switched it on so don't know if there were any English speaking channels available.

Balcony was massive and we had a great view as we were on the top floor at one end of the U shape. Because of the shape, not all the balconies will see sun but it seemed most got either the morning or evening rays. Apartment cleaned and towels changed everyday which was nice and couldn't fault the staff - all very friendly and helpful. Note that you check in / out at the Playa Sol II just across the road, you also leave the key there when going out and it's open 24 hours. The Playa Sol I has 24 hour security on duty and you get a wrist band you need to show when coming in.

Pool area is tiny and has no bar or food available but you can use the pools of the Jabeque Hotel and Playa Sol II on the opposite side of the road which are beautiful, right on the sea front / beach with sea views to match and a bar / snack bar and even four poster beds (!)

Note though - it's full of younger people and there is music on loudly pretty much all the time (they are very strict about it not being between midnight and about 8am though, so it's possible to sleep if you like that kind of thing!). Hardly seemed to be any English people there at all, seems very popular with Spanish, Germans and Italians but has a nice laid back European atmosphere rather than the rowdy Brits abroad type.

Because of this and the fact the apartments are small and basic, would not recommend for families at all. There are lifts (2) but they are tiny - not much room for more than 4 people.

Figueretas itself is loverly, much quieter and more laid back than Playa Den Bossa itself which in turn is much quieter than San An. Plenty of shops nearby - some lovely bars and restaurants about 10 mins walk up road and if you carry on round the bay you get to Ibiza Town in about 30 mins. 10 minutes the other way is PdB itself with Space and Bora Bora. Handy for Privilege (about 15€ taxi ride). Only downside is being a 20 min / 25€ taxi from San Antonio and the joys of Mambo, Cafe Del Mar, etc. Not sure I would stay again as we booked last minute and this was the cheapest option, having been in the Jabeque itself where friends stayed, I think I would have prefered to book earlier and get that cheaper but certainly no complaints.

Room Tip: Top floor rooms (5th) will get guaranteed sun in the morning or afternoon but the lower you are, the...
1 Thank Simon B
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2012

I had traveled all over Europe for 3 months in 2012 and normally I'm not the one to complain or write reviews in that fact but this hotel I felt the need to let people know. To start off, the rooms are very aged and have an old musky smell that you couldn't get used to, rolled old towels on the floor to compensate a leaky fridge attracting mosquitoes, the air conditioning was left off because the smell from the vent was unbearable and worst of all the pillows had yellow stains all over them and staff felt threatened when I asked for clean ones. I also like to party and come home in the early hours of the morning but even then you can't get sleep from random yelling coming from the pool area. And be prepared to always wear a wristband or you won't be allowed in the hotel at night.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Vilnius, Lithuania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

Great stay. Absolutely great staff, very friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean and so was the en-suite. 5 min walk from the beach, shopping and restaurants. Nice views from huge balcony!
The major part of clients is made by students and young tourists from all over the world. So it´s very easy to find friends or people for parties straight away in hotel! That´s great!

Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2012

We booked this hotel for the closing party weekend. The hotel is basic. Had no complaints with the room at all, very clean and comfy. The pool area was nice, relaxing and quiet to prepare yourself for another night out! The staff were all helpful and friendly. The view from the pool was fantastic!! Only a short walk to Bora Bora. I will def be staying at this hotel again for my annual trip to Ibiza! Great value for money!

Room Tip: I would recommend a pool view.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank EssexTinker
anto38, Director de Recepción at Apartmentos Playa Sol I, responded to this review, 26 August 2012
Dear Guests,
thank you so much to left your opinion in TA about our Apartments Playa Sol I.
We are sure that your truly description will help other person to find the right place for their Holidays In Ibiza.
Sunny regards from Ibiza!