“Hard Rock Hotel Rockin' Ibiza”

Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
Edinburgh
“Hard Rock Hotel Rockin' Ibiza”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

It had only been open for a few days but we had a fabulous 4 nights here. The staff were wonderful, the accommodation luxurious and the amenities perfect. It is going to be THE place to stay. We did expect a Hard Rock menu in at least one restaurant but you have to go to Old Ibiza for the Cafe - but it's worth the trip out.

• Stayed May 2014
PalladiumHG, Gerente at Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear KimG,

thanks for sharing your opinion with us.
Great to hear you have enjoyed our band performance at this one of a kind setting. Our members with their special attitude are keen to offer each rocker the concert of their life and an unforgettable experience while at the Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza.

Come back soon to take more of our Rock & Roll spirit.

Love All Serve All

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My husband and I booked four nights here and were SO excited.......when we arrived, we were a tad surprised that the location was a bit barron but hey ho......so, into reception. Two hours to check in, room overlooking the stage and not the sea, soulless rooms, sterile environment, useless staff and just generally terrible. As we checked in, a man next to us wa complaining about the service and said he was the CEO of Great Hotels of the World and this was his worst experience so far.....to which he was met by blank expressions?!?......in short, if you like two day check in times, useless staff, sterile rooms and plane spotting then this is the hotel for you......oh did I mention the planes, so low and frequent that you could tell the make of the tyres on the landing gear......and Ibiza has quite a lot of planes DAY and NIGHT!!!!!.....we fought for a refund to which the manager offered us a late check out as compensation......pardon me? We havent even managed to check in yet??......we managed to get a transfer to the Aguas De Ibiza in Santa Eulalia and AHHHHHHH........bliss! A true 5 star hotel! Avoid this hotel ... what a shame!

13 Thank AonBP
PalladiumHG, Director General at Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear guest, thanks a lot for your comment.

I really apologize for the inconvenience this may cause you. As you´ve seen in other responses, I 'm working with my team with particular actions for every problem you mentioned, they will be solved the next days.
Thanks a lot for your comments and hope to give us another chance and visit our hotel again in the future, I´d like to compensate you for the issues you had in your stay.

Best regards,

london
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Don't even bother, cancel if you can, the service is not worthy of a 1 star hotel, I've spent two nights here and unfortunately have another 3 to go. I have requested meeting the manager on 5 occasions at the front desk to be told they don't have access to his or her contact details, it pretty pathetic overall

Room Tip: Don't go there
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
15 Thank plusher
PalladiumHG, Director General at Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear pluser,

I'm Ivan Brion, General Manager of the Hotel. I'm trying to contact you to apologize personally and try to solve all the inconveniences you have during your 3 days left stay.

I really apreciatte your comments, that I've shared with my team. After our first week working we have developed an special action plan to fix all these issues you and other guest mentioned. You will see changes soon.

Thanks a lot for your review, and please don't hesitate to contact me at Reception Desk.

Ivan Brion
Essex
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Just returned from the opening week at the Hard Rock. As previous reviewers have mentioned, as it was opening week I expected teething problems.

Positives:
Wonderful breakfast, although only basic coffee and terrible juice available.
Nice room, comfortable beds.
Food quality generally good.

Negatives
1. Poor air con in rooms
2. Rooms not sound proofed so you will hear music throughout the day and night depending on the part of the hotel you're staying in.
3. Very slow service, from checking in, to ordering drinks, to over familiar staff.
4. Beach Club generally very poor service. Took ages to order a drink, food didn't arrive together, bills incorrect, I won't go on........ To top it off on the last day the hotel decided to start charging to sit on the beach....9 Euros per person. We were asked to pay halfway throughout the day, having sat on the beach for hours. The reason - the hotel was too busy?
5. No visible management until the last day. I spoke to a manager on several occasions and was promised the hotel manager would call us ASAP - he never did.

My guess is that many of the staff have remained from the old hotel that was renovated last year. They are quite simply not up to scratch, and need training. I by no means expect to be waited on hand and foot, but having paid so much money to stay here, I expected more.

Everyone at the hotel had a story, and it wasn't positive. People were totally fed up. I spoke to people who have stayed at other Hard Rock venues and they said this was nothing like the other Hard Rock hotels they have stayed in - something to bear in mind if you have stayed in Hard Rock hotel and therefore have high expectations.

I am returning to Ibiza in August - I won't book the Hard Rock, and I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone, at the prices they charge.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Ushuaia are noisy.
17 Thank Han1Essex
PalladiumHG, Director General at Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear guest, thanks a lot for your comment.

I really appreciate you enjoyed the room, bed, breakfast and facilities. We have made a big effort to build best five star hotel in the island.

As you can see in my previous responses, we are fixing all the service issues you mention in your comment. I'm working with my team with particular actions for every problem you detected. Most of them are already solved, and we are working on the others.

As I mentioned on other responses, your 300 people group were our first guest and I agree with you we had many issues to improve. We are working hard to do it and I hope you give us another opportunity during your visit in August. I'm quite sure you will see how much we have improved.

Best regards,

Iván Tarilonte
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed opening week for business at the new Hard Rock Ibiza and suspected that there would be some opening issues - and sure enough there was which was very disappointing given the price and expectation.

The property is immediately beside the famous Ushuaia beach which hosts weekly residencies of the world's biggest DJ's in late June to end of season. The Palladium group has tried to replicate the layout with renovating two older properties in it's chain - the Fiesta Club Don Toni and Hotel Don Toni. One is a low rise and the other a high rise and they have made a concert bowl in the U of the low rise with new common facilities and renovated rooms.
The renovation is very slick but not that done yet in many places, including the spa which is still work in progress. But that's to be expected and hopefully will be worked out for high season.

Where they fall down horribly is in the service level here which needs a lot of work to improve the traveller experience and value for money - being a very expensive hotel overall. This was absolutely the most bizarre and lengthy check-in and check-out process I have ever experienced. Two people ahead of me and took almost an hour to check in. The front desk clerk must have printed 6 copies of the reservation and all my credit card slips and hard charged a minimum of 100 euros a night per person or 300 minimum. Multiple copies all had to be signed of the room charges - billed in advance, and the room credits billed in advance in case you charged something, multiple copies collated stapled and signed. When I laughed and questioned this - the front desk clerk - said they had a "system". Well your system sucks.
This is perfectly reasonable if you are not prepared to put a credit card down to cover incidentals and resort restaurant and activity charges - but what 5 star resort charges you in advance even with a credit card, and then has to refund your credit card if you didnt charge anything.
This was a horrible way to start off the stay and as I was there with hundreds of other business guests - wasted time on what it supposed to be 5 min a person to check in after 14 hours of travelling to get there was gruesome.
And even worse on check-out - 1 person in front of me and took almost an hour to checkout since they had to radio a maid to go check the minibar and the state of the room I left before they would refund me the 300 euros I had already paid - "sit down Sir and have a seat while we send someone to your room" - seriously? Amateur hour at the Hard Rock.

The location for the beach is quite nice but realize you are a 25 to 30 euro cab ride into town to go out to a club like Pacha or goto the old town for dinner.. This can really add up since you are paying both ways. There is a grocery store within walking distance though for supplies for the room.

Could't figure out how to turn off the tv or on since the remote didnt' work. Slick room with nice tile, and bathroom fixtures. Be forwarned the basic room was very narrow and small - mine was a ground floor with a jacuzzi outside. The swim up pool room sounds great on paper but really gives you no privacy since everyone can walk right past your room in the day and the night and it's less of a "pool" beside your room and more of a narrow lazy river of water so more something to float there rather than actual swimming.

Ordering food at the restaurant took almost an hour, getting drinks also took a long time. Let's assume this will all be worked out and travellers in July and August hopefully have smoother times. If you are booked or considering this hotel though in the near term realize they still have some bugs to work out here and for the room rates, really need to improve the traveller experience. A woman who claimed to be paying 500 euro a night for whatever room she booked had a complete freakout in the lobby at the front desk staff about all the problems in her room - they pulled her away before I could get the full lowdown. For every single person I talked to at the conference I was at - not one person said they enjoyed staying at this hotel.

Room Tip: I would go for the highrise, high rooms with views of the beach and sea. Realize that the low rise...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
13 Thank Beachman727
Dear guest, than you very much for your comments, I really appreciate them.

As you said our company is making a huge renovation of Playa den Bossa area in Ibiza, previously with Ushuaïa and Ushuaïa Tower properties, and now with this amazing hotel that is Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza. We think this area needed high quality hotels and services with nice facilities.

As you said we have just opened the hotel and there are some issues to fix. I have had special team meetings with all my area managers in order to set an action plan to solve what you comment. Let me explain what we are now doing:

- We are hiring more people for the front desk in order to reduce queue times at check-in and check-out. Some of they are already working and we hope to incorporate some more in next days.

- We have changed the credit protocol and it is not longer necessary to come to reception so many times and sign many copies. Thank you for this feedback, it has made us change the process and I personally think it is now better.

- As you said our location is very nice in a very popular area called Playa den Bossa, where you have some of the best clubs of the island. We have new nice shuttle cars to pick you up from the airport.

- Regarding the privacy on Swim Up rooms, we now have some plants there to guarantee your privacy as much as possible. It will take some weeks to grow, but landscape is coming ;-)

- TV and devices: We have personally tested one per one and all of them are now working.

Hope to have everything solved in next days. I apologize for the inconveniences and really hope to have you here soon again. I'm sure you will enjoy much more.

Iván Tarilonte
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stayed in the rock suite- good size and nice rooftop jacuzzi. That's about if for positives.

Now to problems -

1) there is an terrible smell in the room that comes from the showers. Maybe helps if you always keep the shower door closed and aircon on.

2) the TV does not work

3) the phone in the room doesn't work. I spoke to other guests, apparently their room phone did not work either, but the one in the toilet worked. Nevertheless, when they called room service (as there were no towels in their room), nobody picked up, so they had to go chasing the cleaning lady to get some towels.

4) the food was bad. breakfast- very dry scrambled eggs or overcooked omelette washed down with nespresso coffee. They don't have proper coffee, only from coffee machines. Saw pizza bases at the pool bar, put me off ordering pizza. Went for nachos instead, which turned out to be something very much resembling supermarket chips,chilli out of the can and long life guacamole.

5) very long queues for anything you want to do - check in, check out, ask to sort out your room key which stopped working,

6) difficult to order a taxi, could be a problem if you're going to the airport, would advise to arrange earlier.

Since it was the first week from the opening, I tried to be reasonable, at the end of the day it didn't really bother me not having a TV, although it was a bit of an inconvenience to have to be in a smelly room and not have a phone.

But all of that would have been fine if there was some understanding from the staff. My room key stopped working, when I got back from the pool to the room, I asked the house keeping to help me, since I did not want to walk all the way through the hotel to reception in my bikini. He said he will send someone. Nobody came and after waiting for a few hours (albeit at the pool) I had to go to the reception myself.

At the reception, when I mentioned the problems with the room I was hoping they would take note of this, in order to improve things for future guests, but all I got was - I should have told them earlier. No point of arguing that the room phone was not working and the queues were too long to complain about anything.

Anyway, came back yesterday very disappointed. That's enough for me, will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Take earplugs
14 Thank RG2020
Dear guest, thank you very much for your comments, are very helpful. At first, we're glad you liked our rooms, as you said we have built a very high quality hotel with unique facilities in the island.

Regarding your complains, I have personally shared it with my team and all area leaders and most of issues are already fixed. TV and phone in the room are working and all devices have been tested.

You were our first guest and as you were in a 300 people group, I apologize for the queues that you mention. We are now hiring more people to increase our staff at reception in order to be able to reduce this check-in and check-out times as much as possible.

It was a challenge for us to open our hotel with such a big group of guest, and I really appreciate your comments, are helpful to fix all opening inconveniences.

We are working very hard to open this five stars hotel and I hope you bring us the opportunity to have you here again and enjoy everything working correctly. This is my personal compromise.

Milan, Italy
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 6 nights with 3 colleagues of mine during the International Music Summit and I've been really disappointed by the organization and service of this structure, even taking into consideration that it had just opened. It took 1hour and a half to check in, with an average of 30-40 mins for each client and a long queue. The room had an awful smell (most probably from the sewers) coming from both the shower and the toilet. When I told the reception they said that there was no solution for this, since it depends on the weather and the receptionist said he had the same problem at his house. When using the shower the water runs into the room. As for the restaurants it takes an average of 1 hour to get served and at least 20 mins for the bill. I waited an hour for a cup of tea, and I received a big glass with only a small quantity of tea and a jar of hot milk with froth on the side: the new tea-latte! Between the reception and the swimming pool there is a very slippery marble floor, which is definetely against safety regulations and makes everyone slip (especially if you're wearing flip flops). What is more, on the forth day they ran out of beach towels and it was always impossible to get a cab from the reception, having to walk down the road hoping to find one. As it happened to many other members they didn't accept payments with the corporate credit cards given at the moment of booking and charged the guests' personal credit cards, causing lots of problems. Plus, they didn't want to accept debit cards (Maestro) nor bank transfers. Moreover, being next to the airport you have airplanes flying right above your head every 10mins and is really noisy both when you're on the beach and when you're in the room. To sum it up, a really expensive hotel that offers a service that not even the worst hostel would have. The structure and the rooms are very nice but all the guests we spoke to where really unhappy with the service. Hopefully they will improve but up till now they have only proven to be unprofessional and extermely disorganized.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
16 Thank Betty20138
Dear Betty,

Than you very much for your comments, they help us to improve. As General Manager of the hotel I'm personally following up all the points you mentioned, shared with my team and we are working on each of them to make the solved as soon as possible. Let me explain what we are doing about your comments:

Regarding the queues, we are hiring more people to reception desk in order to be able to reduce this check-in time as much as possible even with big groups of 300 people like yours. They will join us next week.

As you were first guest group of the hotel, I apologize for those issues that didn't work correctly. I have personally checked the smell on the rooms and it is already solved. It was caused by the lack of water in the internal circuit. Now once used during a week circuit is full and smell is over.

About the credit card requirements, it is a standard regulation in every hotel to take a credit card number as guarantee, and in case you want to charge something to your room service.

We are making our best to improve and solve all issues you mentioned. Thanks a lot for your comments and hope to give us another chance and visit our hotel again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa d'en Bossa
#7 of 35 in Playa d'en Bossa
Aguas de Ibiza
Aguas de Ibiza
#3 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza? Share your experiences!