“Hard Rock Hotel needs to get up to speed quick”

Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, whilst the room and the view was amazing the was a feeling that these guys were not ready to open, things went wrong on a daily basis, no-one to help with our luggage on arrival and departure, loads of things just kept going wrong. I feel when they sort out the issues it will be a better experience, however off this trip I couldn't write a positive review. I do think it will improve and offer what should be a 5star experience at the moment its more of a 3

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos
PalladiumHG, Gerente at Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Michael W,

Thanks for choosing Hard Rock Ibiza during your stay on this magic island. We´re pleased to hear that our brand new set is on your rock star level.
Exclusivity full of special experiences is the song we want to share with our guests and therefore we have to bring the band in tune. The high occupancy rate from the first day on slowed down the pace in the coordination of routines like check in and check out. For sure the daily rehearsal will help anyone to be the band to win the Grammy.

Hopefully you return to get the real Rock Star treatment.

ALL IS ONE

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Staff isn't very helpful...they are very nonchalant when u report issues to them. Hotel is brand new...there were several glitches in their work flow...hotel is not worth the price....should be rated 3 star and not 5....

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Dear ChiomaA,

We´re delighted you chose Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza for your Rock Star experience.
It is good to hear that liked our brand new stage with its comtemporary facilities. Rock and Roll is our lifestyle and we try that each rocker takes home a part of it.
Hopefully through the ongoing rehearsals we will sort out some of our rhythm problems to be the leader of the #1 hit list.
Hopefully Hard Rock Ibiza will be a stop on your new tour list to give us the chance to regain your trust.

SAVE THE PLANET

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We have visited this hotel few years ago just never had chance to review, Nice building and the rooms were average but clean. Had everything what I would expect from a 3 star hotel. Would probably come back as good location near the beach.....

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank iMA8
PalladiumHG, Customer Care at Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2016

Dear iMA8,

thank you for you review.
We would like you to know that Hotel Don Toni no longer exists, it has been reformed into Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza and we’d love for you to come and visit us.

Best Regards,
Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza team

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Place looks great and inviting but once you are in it's a shocking disappointment. My weekend included: abrupt and sudden stops in running water (in my room and throughout the hotel), lights breaking down in my room and dead telephone lines. I asked reception to arrange a taxi for us to find out later taxis were never ordered. I also paid for a SPA session but I soon found myself in a Jacuzzi and steamroom that did not work. Talking about payments, get ready to pay for the use of beach chairs - I didn’t think you had to do that at a 5 star hotel. To make things worse, the staff at reception was extremely rude and unprofessional. The response to my complaints was to either ignore me or dismiss me. I called the manager 3 times and he/she never showed up. Not once did I get an apology from anyone at reception for any of the bad experiences. The place may look and claim to be 5 stars but it is far from it. Definitely not a place I would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank B4601HEAnonymous

Dear B4601HE,

Thank you for your comments.
We are sad to hear that our stage and our band performance did not give you the expected Hard Rock Feeling. We strive to give a rock star experience to any of our guests and hopefully through the ongoing rehearsals and new hired band members we will reach to bet the #1 hit in this one of a kind setting within a short time.

Hopefully this set will be on your upcoming tourplan to give us the chance to regain your trust.

Love All Serve All

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here for a week with my girlfriend the second week this hotel opened. I would've expected much more from a 5 star hotel than this, especially one that has just opened.

I stayed in a swim up room, the room was nice, a little small but nicely designed. We had access to a "private" pool, but unfortunately not everyone was aware of this. There was a strange smell from the bathroom. And the room was quite noisy.

Breakfast was good, as was the food in all the other restaurants.

Now the service.. although I think this has been mentioned before: long check-in time, long check-out, people pushing in in front of the line and noone stopping them. There was noone to help us carrying our luggage when we came in. Most staff were friendly, but you can't expect three desks to be enough for checking in and out this many hotel guests. Everytime we had a question we had to wait 15 mins for someone to be available of guest service.

On top of this not everything was open yet in the hotel, we were looking for the roof top terrace, but apparently 2 weeks later this still wasn't opened.

They'll have to improve a lot of things in order to be a 5 star worthy hotel. Our stay in this hotel
was quite dissapointing. No service, not everything open yet (at least they should mention this before you book it?!), smell in the room, a "private" pool which everyone can access (could've been easier if they would make this clear, now this upgrade is quite meaningless).. the least the management should do is compensate the first guests with a refund. Everything in the hotel seems to have start up problems except the hotel costs.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank michaelG4805XC
PalladiumHG, Director General at Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Michael,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

We are really sorry we did not deliver the experience you expected from our brand new property. I have shared your comments with my team and we are working on a special plan for each area you mentioned.

I'm happy you liked the room and Swim-up facilities, as well as food and breakfast in our restaurants.

From the lengthy check-in to the slow service, we are in the middle of an action plan for each area of opportunity you mentioned to elevate the experience to the level expected at a Hard Rock Hotel.

I'm glad you found our Staff friendly. As you surely have noticed, this is a span-new hotel, with a unique, contemporary design that has guests and media raving about. We were actually surprised by the “sterile” comment, as we have only heard great things about both the public space and our room design.

I hope you give us another opportunity to impress you and restore your perception of our hotel and the Hard Rock brand. We are improving day per day, and you would notice it inmediately.

Love all, serve all,

Ivan Brión

Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We were quite worried by some of the reviews for the HRH but we thought we would come anyway.

There are some good things but sadly many bad things too.

Disorganised check in is an ongoing issue - you need to get this sorted as it's slow every day and means guests wait a long time to get anything sorted. No visible management, anywhere. Nice breakfast but should be organised over several different areas to alleviate queuing. Had to eat breakfast by pool this morning! Our main issue is very poor air conditioning - have spent 3 days asking for this to be fixed....still waiting

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Torrano

Dear Torrano,

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your stay with us at the Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza. We strive to provide a rock star experience that sets us apart.

I notice you are still in-house and would like the opportunity to change your perception, a representative will contact you shortly to follow up and hopefully regain your confidence with our brand new hotel.

Thanks again for your comments.

All is One.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

After reading so many devastating reviews of the new Hard Rock Hotel, I feel to write my own experience as well. I was staying there from 21 - 24 May. This was the opening week after a long refurbishing. So I had expected that the processes and service were not perfect yet.

Check-In lasted more than an hour. A lot of people attending the International Music Summit arrived at the same time with me at 2 pm. Almost the whole lobby was packed with newly arriving guests. This was a bit disturbing, but since I was there for vacation I did not really bother.

The hotel room (superior room close to the stage, not in the tower) was beautiful. Very modern and stylish, great shower, big mirror. My television was working, but not the loudspeaker docking station for the iPhone.

There is a balcony with direct view to the main stage, which must be great during a concert. Bed was very good, quality linen and different pillows.

I ordered room service once, which took about 20 minutes. Thats fine for me. Quality of the burger was the usual Hard Rock burger quality.

The staff were very friendly, even though it probably was not a good idea to invite the International Music Summit attendees at the opening week. I had the impression that the staff was a bit challenged with so many guests.

I visited the Hard Rock beach club a couple of times. It is true that I also had to wait very long until I could order, some orders were missing and the bill was not really correct. Nevertheless, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The prices in the beach club were Ibiza-style, the quality was very good - I had the sole.

All in all, definitely not perfect yet. There’s much space to improve. But reading the comments of the general to the many complaints here on Tripadvisor, I am convinced that they will get better soon.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 8004Zurich
PalladiumHG, Propietario at Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Hello 8004Zurich,

We´re delighted you chose to stay with us at the Hard Rock Ibiza during our opening week. We´re pleased that you enjoyed our brand new contemporary rooms with breathtaking views! We´re terribly sorry for the hiccups you had while dining at the Beach Club and for the long wait at check in. Rest assured we are having extra rehearsals in order to get the band in tune so we can be ready for your next visit.

Love All Serve All

#13 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio
ME Ibiza
ME Ibiza
#6 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza? Share your experiences!