“Not worth the money”

Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Not worth the money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We are now staying at the hard rock hotel and it's terrible. Not worth your money. The location is at the end of the runway of the airport. Nice sound!!!

Check in and check out is so inefficiënt. The whole reception by the way. Which management would allow this? Unbelievable.

Call the 'star service' and nobody will pickup the telephone.

The hotel is not capable to house a great number of guests. The first day we had to have our breakfast standing because there were no tables available. Second day we couldn't have a normal seat for lunch because of a other conference. And today we lying around the Eden pool and they move all the beds into the bar below. Staff are now working around us to set up something for an event I think. Let see what else comes the next days.

It focussed on conferences and not the usual guest.

Don't book the deluxe room with swimup. If management of the organisation is man enough they credit the difference of the extra money compare to a normal room. They should know why. We stay in room 4015.

The beach club was also very inefficiënt. Each time we get
food that was mented for other guests and even we get the changes for things we didn't pay.

Come on management never heard of a tab. Why don't you trust your guest? Everything has to be paid after ordening and when checking in you block my credit card for 100 euro a day. We travel more than 30 years and never ever a hotel has done this.

And when I sent a email to your info account why don't you answer this?

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Sandy K
PalladiumHG, Gerente at Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, responded to this review, 7 June 2014
Dear Sandy K,
Thank you for your comments.
We are sad to hear that our stage and band performance did not give you the expected Hard Rock Feeling.
Our goal is to offer a real rock star experience to any of our guests but unfortunately there have been some rhythm problems during your stay and our band was not in tune. You have been with us during one of our exclusive events and it seems that there was some lack of information. We really regret this. The swim up rooms you are staying in are thought to offer our rockers a high class red carpet feeling with its own waterbeds and situated right in the middle of the scene to give you the best stage views ever.
As you are still in house we will get in touch with you right know to see if we can find the right song to change your stay to your one in a lifetime concert.
Be assure that the Rock & Roll attitude of our staff will try everything to offer you the 5* service you deserve.

ALL IS ONE

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

I arrived at the hotel on Sunday 18th May at about 11am and was unable to check in as the hotel had just had a sleepover trial with local residents. So I spent the whole day out and checked in at midnight which was smooth...

I was told breakfast was from 8am - 12pm only to get down to breakfast at 11am and then be told it finishes at 11am! Lots of misinformation.

There was an air-conditioning leak in my room and it took about 1 hour for someone to come to service the issue.

I found this hotel really lacked the finishing touches of a 5 star hotel along with the service. The hairdryer in the room was cheap but did the job... no shower caps or flannels, sponge etc were provided. I've stayed in the The Gran and the Fenecia and these hotels definitely live up to their star rating they even surpass it in some areas!

All in all the hotel is not worth the money, you are just paying for the brand and there is nothing luxury about it at all.

I stayed here for one week and I have to say the most helpful staff of all were the bell boys!

Although, upon check out there were no bell boys working and I had to move everything out of my room myself after waiting for 45 minutes for a porter. In the end the receptionist did help me, reluctantly.

Reception was always a nightmare, if you had any requests they would start off servicing it and then start helping someone else mid way through... which I thought was incredibly rude.

I saw someone with a cut on their arm and they asked reception for a bandaid and reception said they don't have anything... Which I thought was shocking! The guy responded, "fine I will just bleed all over your white sheets then".

They were totally unprepared for eventualities and also clearly not trained in customer service.

I must say the grounds of the hotel are nice though, and it will be a great party hotel, but as a guest I'd save your money and stay somewhere else and have a much better experience.

Room Tip: If you must stay - Studio Suite Platinum's are great with a fab view....
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
PalladiumHG, Gerente at Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear lil_Diva
Thanks for sharing your opinion with us. This really helps to get the band in tune.
It is good to hear that you noticed the effort of some staff members which through their Rock & Roll attitude are trying to offer to any rocker the concert of their lifetime. Unfortunately you felt some of the scratches we are still working on but be assured that it is our daily effort to make this track rolling smoothly. Procedures are rehearsed, new members have been already incorporated and training is given to bring everything up to a 5*exclusive level and supperate your expectation.
We hope that you give us another try and we will offer you a stay free of bumps and full of real Hard Rock rock star spirit.
LOVE ALL SERVE ALL
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Hi guys first of all does anyone know if this hotel is still in business at all? I have tried to get back on to their homepage but its not recognized and any search of the hotel on any of the comparison websites just doesn't find it. Any help would be appreciated.....

Me and a few friends stayed here last year and it was just the ticket. We went for a 3 night stay to allow us to drink all day with the all inclusive, have a brief meal before going to hit the bars and clubs. As the title states and ideal place for people who want to party.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank 790RichardT
PalladiumHG, Customer Care at Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, responded to this review, 16 June 2016
Dear CharlotteB,

thank you for you review.
We would like you to know that Hotel Don Toni no longer exists, it has been reformed into Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza and we’d love for you to come and visit us.

Best Regards,
Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza team
Farnham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I had not read the reviews on here before travelling, but I agree with most of the negative comments. I have spent 25 years working in the travel industry, and I have never experienced a slower check-in. There were about 15 people waiting to be checked in, and despite 4 check-in staff it was 40 minutes before I was served. After this it took 25 minutes and the help of 2 staff before the wifi would connect. In my room the air con did not work. It was a 24 hour stay on business. The staff are polite and keen to help, but it felt as if everyone had missed out on the training courses and they are floundering around trying to figure out how everything worked.

My room was OK, but while I think a lot of people would be impressed with the modern aspects (touch sensitive light switches etc) I'd prefer things that were less "cool" that actually worked.

My advice.... come back next year.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Keith B
Dear KeithB,

Thanks for you comments from on your stay with us at the Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza. Keith B! we are really sorry to hear you didn´t enjoy our band performance. Our front desk section is going thru extra rehearsals and sound checks in order to give everyone the unique service with that Rock and Roll attitude your were expecting. Once again thanks for your review.
Keith B we would definitely love to have you once again on our stage, to regain your trust.

Save The Planet.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel last week.

Check in.... Outrageous.
My experience was extremely painful! Too painful to go into words...

Air con.... None for 5 days. Each day told someone would come and check it out. No one came ....at all!

No hot water one evening for 4 hours.... Every 5 minutes promised it would be restored. Whole block down.... Major problem.

No one answers the phone at reception or room service.

Spa.... E-mail to confirm on booking my room it was complementary for my stay. Told there was a charge?!
Jacuzzi didn't work.

Restaurants expensive. The munchies cafe should be avoided at all costs! The food is disgusting... Not one of us could eat it... Yet still charged! Seriously would not serve it to my dog!

Staff were friendly and I actually felt sorry for them as they had been inundated with complaints and seemed unable to cope!

I would like to thank the bell boy....
Valerio Giacinti. His kindness and understanding did not go unnoticed! He was a true star!

I feel all the 'Guinea pigs' who stayed and experienced numerous problems were not taken care off in a 5 star manner!

Check out..... Relatively smooth! Considering.....

Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Ali O
Dear Ali O,
It is important for a band to find the right rhythm for its performances and nothing is more helpful as the opinions of our rock stars.
Sorry that we did not offer you the stage for your life time concert and that you did not felt the Hard Rock spirit. Existing hiccups as during check in or check out are features we are already working on, as we want to see you queuing up in front of our main stage to see one of our fabulous live acts. Due to the high occupancy rate from the very first date there are still some smaller technical notes to work on but in nothing the choir will be in harmony.
The red carpet is there. We are waiting for you to come back to give us the opportunity to regain your trust.

LOVE ALL SERVE ALL
Ibiza
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Poor service, not customizable, arrogant staffs it looks more like a money machine than a hotel. To pay for beach beds while you have to pay for a lot of room and that while there is nothing to do. Give credit or something like that, it was one of the worst experiences so far with a 5 star hotel and I expect a response to my comments. It would be otherwise if adorn submit a comment

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

2 Thank Geert V
Dear Geert V,
Thanks for posting your opinion on the Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza.
I am sad to read that some parts of our band performance did not succeed to flash you and that you noticed some of the scratches we are still working on. The stunning beach in front of our Beach Bar Restaurant with its sunbeds is provided to give our rock stars the necessary moments of rest until partying again, but unfortunately sometimes there are existing external rules which are not in our hard rock hands. Rehearsing with our group is on a daily base and they are letting their soul out in order to give clients a 5* star service.
Geert V, come back to the set and let us show you that we have the potential to rock the stage.
SAVE THE PLANET
Liverpool, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

checked in yesterday to an hour and a half queues. people were pushing in and staff didnt care .we were told there was no one to help us with our luggage to the either side of the complex. when we got to our room the tv iron and air conditioning were broken.after complaining five times we were still ignored. after a sleepless hot night they have changed our room but this has ruined our stay. the staff don't know what they are doing and said they are having problems. hotel guests are not happy here this week!it's a shame as its a beautiful hotel

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank chrisperr1985
Dear chrisperr1985

thanks for sharing your opinion with us.
Great to hear that our stage made your Rock Star soul glow and that you liked the one of a kind setting.
We´re really sorry for the missing harmony in our songlyrics but rehearsals are going on and new band members have already joined the group.
Hopefully your next trip will bring you back to us to give us the possibility to leave you breathless.

Take Time To Be Kind
#7 of 35 in Playa d'en Bossa
Aguas de Ibiza
Aguas de Ibiza
#3 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza? Share your experiences!