I think the hotel's management needs to seriously work properly on ironing out important problems and improving the service offered. Here is a summary:
1) We paid for a room for 3 adults which was 350 euros more than the room for 2. We spoke to the hrh reception before and they assured us that 3 adults fit fine in the room. They don't! The third bed was a single sofa bed which is clearly for kids and not for adults. I am not exaggerating it is very uncomfortable to sleep in this sofa bed and it should be clearly indicated that all rooms have one of those anyway and that this is for kids, not for adults. The manager tried to be helpful but in the end offered us absolutely nothing, no refunds and no upgrades as they claimed that the hotel was fully booked. This is simply poor service. It is a problem we didn't create and other 5 star hotels would at least offer a refund for the 3rd bed.
2) Someone needs to urgently train the reception staff. They are incredibly slow and have to ask their manager how to do everything. They try hard to be helpful but this is possibly the slowest service in a reception desk ever. I understand the hotel is brand new but staff didn't know very basic things and had to ask all the time.
3) Very important: If you stay on the left side of the hotel forget all about sleeping after 11:00 AM (including a nap around mid-day). The music from the bar at Ushuaia's Tower (hotel next door) is simply TOO loud to bare. There were barely 5-6 people around this bar all day but still the music is on every day 11:00AM-1AM. Most of us go to Ibiza to party but this is simply too much. We want to be able to sleep in a hotel room otherwise there is no point.
4) Arranged for a late checkout for 40euros and our card keys got cancelled at 12:00 (the time we were supposed to checkout originally). There wasn't a note of our checkout and we kept having to explain to people who we arranged the late checkout with. We were offered new keys that were cancelled again after an hour. In the meantime the cleaners tried to enter our room 2 times to clean and we received 2 calls from a desk claiming to be checking why we haven't checked out at 12:00. When we explained this in unacceptable to reception they apologized but still charged us 40euros which we shouldn't have never paid.
5) Food is not great in general I think. We tried the tapas, the restaurant by the beach and the one by the pool. We didn't particularly enjoy the food in any of those and thus never returned back.
6) We had to wear a bracelet to prove we are residents, carry a key card for our door and another one to get towels. This is simply too much there has to be another way. Ushuaia has a bracelet for everything
It is a pity because the hotel is stunning, the spa for 20euros a day is great, breakfast is very reach, beach and swimming pool great as well and the rooms really nice and modern too. The poor service and the lack of recognition that we should have to pay for such poor service is what upset us very much. I truly hope all this improves in the future
GA (Room 1631) 4-8 June 2014
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, Alpha Holidays Limited, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza Playa D'en Bossa