“Superb” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
“Superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Great new hotel, brilliant rooms, lovely pool area, friendly staff, very cool beach club with nice beach area and great singer that comes on later in afternoon. Young crowd.
Loved the carefully designer crafted interiors (someone who seriously knows what they are doing has created the look in this place)
....... much better than the images the hard rock brand conjures up in your mind.

• Stayed August 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PalladiumHG, Director General at Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Hi Marko1254! Thank you so much for your awesome review! It is wonderful to hear that you had the time of your life, creating positively unforgettable memories while rocking out in your luxurious abode. When you come back, we will have the red carpet rolled out and the “cava” poured.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Amman
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

My husband and I just got back from our trip to Ibiza. I must say this hotel is great. Lovely pools, right at the beach. Staff are super friendly. The room was spacious with a lovely balcony overlooking the pool and the beach. Breakfast was also nice, and anytime we went it was never over crowded . We didn't eat in any restaurants in the hotel but we ordered room service and it was good.
Check in and check out were so easy and quick. I want to thank the staff for making this a lovely holiday. Can't wait to visit again

Room Tip: We got the 'gold' room. it has a balcony as well as a Jacuzzi both overlooking the sea.
1 Thank Lubs
PalladiumHG, Director General at Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Thank you, Lubs, for such an amazing account of your stay at the Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza. We are so thrilled to hear that your Mediterranean getaway with your husband was so legendary. Next time you’re here, be sure to check out our restaurants, such as our incredibly popular Beach Club or renowned Estado Puro. We can’t wait to see you again!
Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Location- The Hard Rock is perfectly located about 15 minutes from the airport and It is right next to Ushuaia (the resort where most of the famous Electronic Dance music DJ's host their shows). A 2 minute walk and you are right on the strip of all the bars and restaurants. Ibiza town and Pacha are a short 10 minute cab ride.
Hotel-Décor is very trendy and stylish-true to the Hard Rock style you expect. I loved it! We had a room facing the beach with a small terrace and it was great! We had debated on a swim-up suite but in this hotel, but preferred a little more privacy as those suites are right off the main pool and see constant traffic. Honestly, you really cant go wrong with either. There is plenty going on everywhere. If you love being in the heart of the techno music action ALL the time, I would suggest a suite facing the pool at Ushuaia. I saw a show there and the people in those rooms have the best seats in the house, don't have to fight all the crowds and don't have to buy tickets (which are $175 USD for two at the door). However, it is insanely loud and the shows draw gigantic crowds. I liked having the ability to go see a show and then escape across the parking lot to the Hard Rock for a little relaxation.
Pool/Beach-I'm not a big beach goer so I spent all of my time at the pool (which is amazing for relaxing and people watching). Water Sports at the beach are very expensive and most of the chairs are for rent. I never had a problem getting a chair at the pool and we were usually down there by about 10 or 11am. You would need to get there earlier if you wanted a bed. Service at the pool was decent. The trick is flagging down a waitress but once you do, they are pretty good about coming back around and drinks were good. If I really wanted a drink immediately, I just used the pool swim up bar and had no issues. I enjoyed cooling off and grabbing a cocktail.
Restaurants- I ate at all the restaurants in the Hotel. None of them were good except the breakfast buffet at "Sessions" and the "3rd Half" Sports Bar. I received the best service I had during my entire stay in Ibiza at the 3rd Half Bar and the best food by far. The menu is mainly American food-wings, nachos, etc. but they were all great and the passion fruit mojitos are a must! Mario is a server there and he is amazing! So personable and friendly- which was hard to find anywhere else. The hotel's breakfast buffet is to die for too-The best I have ever seen in a hotel and they didn't leave anything out. It's massive. The service at the higher end tapas restaurant "Estado Puro" in the hotel was good but the food was sub par at best and definitely not worth the money. The service at the Eden bar (outside the smaller pool) was absolutely horrendous. We waited an hour and a half for a chicken sandwich and nachos. We had to use a translator on our phone to express our frustration because no one understood what we were saying and the waiter just kept blaming the chef. Finally, the food arrived cold, luckily they just took it off our tab and we left. The bar on the roof of the hotel, "The Ninth" has some great views and o.k. drinks but nothing to rave about. Its worth checking out for a drink before or after dinner. I found the Sky bar on top of Ushuaia to be much better as far as views and ambiance (you can see the DJ performances from up there too and escape the massive crowds of the ground if you want a break) I took some great photos from up there.
Improvement Needed- House Keeping for the rooms is poor. They actually put a dirty comforter on the bed one day by mistake. I went to lay own and noticed stains on the blanket and then discovered a sock that did not belong to myself or fiancé at the end of the bed!! Gross! It must have been wrapped in the blanket when they put it on my bed. I called right away and had them come change all the bed linens. Also, the room never seemed clean. There would be vacuum marks on the rug but none of the dirt was being removed. The shower floor always looked dirty and dingy too. I was not impressed with the cleanliness of the room but the hotel itself overall seemed very clean. The concierge service is lacking. We called them for help making a reservation and we had to follow up twice and it was never done. You are better off just going to the counter directly to be sure it gets done right away. Also, if you are attending any shows at any venue-BUY YOUR TICKETS IN THE HARD ROCK! It will save you a good amount of money. We wish we were informed of this at check-in because we spent a lot of money at the doors of places buying tickets. Service overall was just mediocre. There is definitely no sense of urgency and everything seems to take forever.
Prices- It's Ibiza-Everything is expensive (In or out of the resort). Drinks are about 15-18 euros a piece on average and food is very pricey too. A cheeseburger at a small bar on the strip was 15 euro. There is no way around it so be prepared!
Final Thought- Overall, the Hard Rock was very close to everything I expected/wanted for my perfect Ibiza vacation and the improvements needed would not hinder me from coming back. You cannot beat the location or ambiance the Hard Rock provides. It is perfect for people who love to be in the action of Ibiza but also for those who like to relax. I found it to be the perfect balance as I love dance music and the shows but my fiancé is the complete opposite but still had a great time. The pools and beaches are top notch and I would definitely return!

Room Tip: If you are seeing a show at this resort-get a room facing the main stage or pool to be in the action...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PalladiumHG, Director General at Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Hi ParisPinkk! Thank you so much for your incredibly thorough review. It is magnificent that both you and your fiancé were able to live out your dream vacation, despite having different ideas of what that is. It just goes to show that all of our guests have access to everything they could possibly imagine in their rock star fantasies. Allow us to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with Housecleaning, Guest Services and at Eden restaurant. All of us make the grandest effort to work together to give our guests the same treatment our favorite bands get, and we are truly sorry that there were instances in which you did not get this rockin’ treatment. Your comments will be passed on to the corresponding departments. We appreciate your suggestions and will use them to continue to improve to ensure your next visit is an absolutely unforgettable success. See you soon!
Liverpool
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Really bad service! We had to call reception to get our room cleaned everyday sometimes three times before anybody came always after 4pm! Staff were very rude and un attentive. We waited an hour for our food only to be brought a completely different order a hot dog! With no explanation when we asked she abruptly told us they had run out of what we wanted. Not even an offer to refund the difference.

We booked this hotel because of the Hard Rock name but it surly didn't live up to this. The DJ played inappropriate loud music all day. There where a lot of families and children yet he insisted on paying rave music. One thing I did like about this hotel was the music they played daily through alternative speakers, a kind of chill out soul music perfect for relaxing by the pool but unfortunately this was drowned out by the pool DJ. Everyone I spoke to complained about this. Even the beach restaurant played far too loud house music while families just wanted some lunch in peace. I know this is Ibiza however I thought the Hard Rock would offer and alternative Ibiza experience as this is a family name and has it's own identity for music.

The set up was so wrong, it wasn't until the last day I found out there were activities such as yoga on the beach, no promotion or leaflets or signs. Bizarre! Very badly run.

Three days into our stay they decided to do work outside our room door with no warning or explanation. Such a hazard and inconvenience. The sound of drilling all day was not pleasant. We complained to reception and was told this was being passed on to the manager but we heard nothing back.

Finally when we were checking out we were charred twice for a spar experience when we told the rude lady at reception she called the spar and told us we had booked twice and didn't turn up so we were charged. Trying to explain we didn't do this was like banging our head against a brick wall she just kept saying "This is what happens when you don't turn up" in a very irrupt manner.

Overall what a disappointing experience I won't be staying her again. £850 a night you expect a lot more. I have read the other bad reviews and am disappointed by the replies of the manager as I thought by now they would of sorted these issues out. Disapointing.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Stephaniecarr7
Hello Stephaniecarr7! We appreciate you taking your valuable time to share such a detailed account of your experience with us. We are also extremely disappointed that this is the impression we left you with. The most important thing to us is that our guests have the most incredible and unique vacation and that they are at their utmost comfort under our care. I sincerely apologize that various factors on our part, including the service and response to your complaints, contributed to your unpleasant experience. I would like to encourage you to contact me directly so that I can obtain more specific details about these particular incidents and take the appropriate measures to ensure they will not happen again. I am sending you a private message with my contact details.
Croxley Green, null, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

Overall I've given this 4 out of 5 - but it's really somewhere between 3 and 5 depending on what you're trying to do.

On the plus side the rooms are great, service generally good, food and drink very good and hotel facilities great. But....

The guest services staff seemed to know virtually nothing about the island - and most didn't really speak English beyond pigeon (this is a 5* international hotel remember)

The free towels for use around the pools didn't even meet 10% of the guest demand. Just as well we bought our own really !. Although it has to be said that guests hanging onto piles of these didn't help much.

And the poolside toilets had no running water. Hand dries yes. Paper hand towels yes. Water no.

A pity really - so close to perfect - but overall I'd say it was well worth a visit

PS - this hotel is expensive but not out of line with Boss and Ibiza Town in general

1 Thank Karl D
PalladiumHG, Director General at Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Hello Karl D! We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Your comments will help us to improve in the areas where we are not succeeding in leaving our guests with an unbeatable experience. We want to thank you for your understanding and we sincerely apologize for any inconveniences caused to you. Nothing would make us happier than to see you back here so we can blow you away with a truly incredible and unforgettable experience.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed here just for a couple of days last month and although we didn't spend much time at the hotel it has been altogether an extraordinary experience. Neat rooms, nice pool area, rock ambiance and excellent customer service. I'd like to stress the help provided by one of the guys at the reception (I think his name's Bruno) when he promptly solved our mobile charger issues (we live in UK and had forgotten the adapter!).
I will definitely recommend it.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hi Marilain_M! Thank you for such a ravin’ review. How magnificent that our new hotel was able to give you a unique experience while visiting Ibiza! We will be sure to congratulate Bruno on a job very well done for making your trip unforgettable. We hope to see you soon!
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Loved our stay at the Hard Rock - its definatley one of the coolest places I've stayed! There are lots of lovely little details that have been well thought out and the whole hotel is spotless. The location is great, right in the heart of everything but is on the nicer end of the beach and self contained enough to not notice the tackier part of Plata d'en Bossa. Our room, a beach suite, was amazing! Also the food at the beach club was really really good - unfortunately didn't get time to try the other restaurant. Loved the rooftop bar too!

However, it's not a cheap hotel and some improvements could definatley be made. The staff were all very sweet but not up to the standard of other hotels - it needs to be a bit slicker and more professional. Twice we went to the pool at 11am and had to wait 30 mins for towels as there were none available! Check in and guest services were undermanned and slow and guest services needs to be more professionally run - they just never seemed overally helpful. The air con in the rooms is no way near cold enough - others mentioned this too. And there were a few things like the seal to the shower didn't work so everytime you had a shower the room got soaked!

However, we really enjoyed our stay and would definitely come back.

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank clarelucy1985
Hello clarelucy1985! Thank you so much for taking your valuable time to leave a comment about your stay with us. It is so wonderful that our rockin’ hotel is one of the coolest places you have ever stayed at. On the other hand, we apologize if our staff was not able to meet your needs while you were with us. We can guarantee you that we will continue to improve so that we can deliver the most surprising and awesome service our guests have ever received. We would also like you to know that we are currently devising a solution to the issues being experienced with our showers and air conditioning and we are sorry for any inconvenience they may have caused you. It would be our greatest pleasure to have you back.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa d'en Bossa
#7 of 35 in Playa d'en Bossa
Aguas de Ibiza
Aguas de Ibiza
#3 of 55 in Santa Eulalia del Rio

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza? Share your experiences!