“Nice hotel with friendly staff”

Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Nice hotel with friendly staff”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Very nice hotel and our room was better than expected. Easy place to just take your time and relax around the pools and beach club. Interior decor of the rooms was well thought out along with a balcony. We did move rooms from the Ushuia side of the hotel to get a break from day time bass lines rattling the room. The only bad taste we experienced was when I accidentally left a valuable item of jewellery in the room on vacation and it not being handed in by the house keeping staff.

Room Tip: Try to book a room on the other side from Ushuaia, big baselines from 10 in the morning onwards is n...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
PalladiumHG, Director General at Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Hello Neville D! We appreciate you commenting on your experience with us. It makes us happy that you could really unwind and that our custom-designed hotel could knock your socks off. It is very concerning that you did not manage to recover your piece of jewelry. I will be sending you a private message regarding this incident as the safety of our guests and their valuables are of the utmost priority to us. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Blackburn, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

My Wife and I stayed at HRH Ibiza for a few nights at the end of June. We have stayed with Hard Rock Hotels before and also frequent the Hard Rock Cafe's all over. First of all I would like to say that the hotel and its facilities were excellent, clean and tidy. You could see staff constantly trying to maintain this. Every member of staff we encountered was friendly and helpful with a special mention for Reme and Vincenzo and the staff in the Rock Spa for a very relaxing massage at the beginning of the stay. Food was excellent.
Having said all of the above we were a little disappointed at the lack of daytime and evening entertainment / music. This may be a problem born out of location and therefore gives a dilemma for the future. We were pleased to see a HRH nearer to home for potential short breaks to enjoy the Hard Rock brand, atmosphere and environment that we love but it wasn't really present. I can understand that the majority of people travel to Ibiza for the clubs, DJs and nightlife and the hotel is ideally situated for this.
Having said all this it is still early days for this hotel and we would be interested to see how it evolves. Hopefully more Hard Rock !!!!! because after all it is a great brand.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi there Andrew E! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We loved being able to give you the rock star treatment you came looking for. I will be sure to congratulate Reme and Vincenzo on a job well done. Your suggestion for improving our Hard Rock vibe is much appreciated and is essential to making sure all guests get that rock ‘n roll edge they come looking for. We are always evolving and looking for the newest and best way to serve our guests. Come back soon!
Cape Town, South Africa
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Amazing hotel, location right on the beach. It has two fantastic restaurants, one in the hotel and the beach restaurant serving great food, but it's the staff that make the Hard Rock what it is.

I can name everybody working at the hotel, because they are actively engaging you and trying very hard to make your stay a little bit better everyday.

From Ana Montes who did a fantastic job of cleaning our rooms everyday and was always smiling and laughing no matter the size of the mess the kids made in their room.

They have fantastic kids areas, with amazing staff, Nikoleta and Loes helped me out most days and they were amazing, looking after your children while you're in the gym or just busy with relaxing. I found myself playing on the Xbox's a few times as well.

Every morning was started with Alba who gives yoga classes outside, she's extremely energetic and limber and you notice this as she's trying get everybody doing her water aerobics just before lunch.

Raquel and Elena, the hostesses at breakfast and the beach restaurant always making sure I got a table no matter how busy it was.

Shannon and Saray at Guest services are the two most incredible woman at this hotel, they handled everything for me, I didn't have to do a thing, from booking the specific rooms I wanted, to hiring my vehicles, getting tickets to events, even throwing a birthday party for one of the kids, basically anything I could think of they went out of their way to make sure it was. Without them and the rest of the staff at the Hard Rock Ibiza my stay would never have been as enjoyable as it was.

There is just so much to do all the time, or you could rent the beds on the beach and just do absolutely nothing.

Room Tip: The best thing you could do at this hotel is make good use of the staff, they are what make this hot...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank garethscheepers1980
Hi again garethscheepers1980! Thank you for your rockin’ comments. It was our pleasure to have you and your entire party staying with us and to be able make all your vacation dreams come true. I will be sure to give special recognition to all the fantastic employees you mentioned and I am sure they will be delighted that they took part in making your trip undeniably unforgettable. We look forward to the possibility of seeing all of you again next year! Hope you are enjoying your time back in South Africa.
Ibiza
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I , along with others, were apprehensive after reading the initial reviews. However, I had a super time at Hard Rock and would definitely recommend it. Most of the big issues that people have commented on seem to have generally been resolved.

The hotel and rooms were always clean, with good equipment. We had a great view of the sea from our standard room. The shower was large with a good range of toiletries provides. The hotel was situated in a great position on the beach and 5 minutes from space. Check in and out were smooth, the staff very helpful and informative about the facilities etc.

My only niggles were:
- the service at the beach club which seemed a bit stretched, although the staff on the whole were very nice.
- You also won't get a bed at the beach unless you go early although there are two pools which are spacious.
- And there were no towel left on my last day there. As the hotel stated it provide them, I didn't bring one so that was a bit frustrating.

However, you do get complimentary tickets to the Friday night event which was held at ushuaia. The hotel is lovely- they have clearly spent a lot of money making it a 5 star hotel. The food and drink options in the hotel are extensive. The spa also looks amazing.
I would go back and think that the minor teething problems they are experiencing will iron out. I'd give it 5 stars then.

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Thanks for your rockin’ review, Amy T! We are so thankful that you appreciated all our hard work to smooth out our prior issues, and we will continue working around the clock to improve. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences caused for the service at the Beach Club and the towels. We are looking into both these issues and will surely be quick to resolve them. We appreciate your patience and understanding. We hope to see you soon!
Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Great new hotel, brilliant rooms, lovely pool area, friendly staff, very cool beach club with nice beach area and great singer that comes on later in afternoon. Young crowd.
Loved the carefully designer crafted interiors (someone who seriously knows what they are doing has created the look in this place)
....... much better than the images the hard rock brand conjures up in your mind.

• Stayed August 2014
PalladiumHG, Director General at Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Hi Marko1254! Thank you so much for your awesome review! It is wonderful to hear that you had the time of your life, creating positively unforgettable memories while rocking out in your luxurious abode. When you come back, we will have the red carpet rolled out and the “cava” poured.
Amman
Reviewed 23 August 2014

My husband and I just got back from our trip to Ibiza. I must say this hotel is great. Lovely pools, right at the beach. Staff are super friendly. The room was spacious with a lovely balcony overlooking the pool and the beach. Breakfast was also nice, and anytime we went it was never over crowded . We didn't eat in any restaurants in the hotel but we ordered room service and it was good.
Check in and check out were so easy and quick. I want to thank the staff for making this a lovely holiday. Can't wait to visit again

Room Tip: We got the 'gold' room. it has a balcony as well as a Jacuzzi both overlooking the sea.
1 Thank Lubs
PalladiumHG, Director General at Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Thank you, Lubs, for such an amazing account of your stay at the Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza. We are so thrilled to hear that your Mediterranean getaway with your husband was so legendary. Next time you’re here, be sure to check out our restaurants, such as our incredibly popular Beach Club or renowned Estado Puro. We can’t wait to see you again!
Massachusetts
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Location- The Hard Rock is perfectly located about 15 minutes from the airport and It is right next to Ushuaia (the resort where most of the famous Electronic Dance music DJ's host their shows). A 2 minute walk and you are right on the strip of all the bars and restaurants. Ibiza town and Pacha are a short 10 minute cab ride.
Hotel-Décor is very trendy and stylish-true to the Hard Rock style you expect. I loved it! We had a room facing the beach with a small terrace and it was great! We had debated on a swim-up suite but in this hotel, but preferred a little more privacy as those suites are right off the main pool and see constant traffic. Honestly, you really cant go wrong with either. There is plenty going on everywhere. If you love being in the heart of the techno music action ALL the time, I would suggest a suite facing the pool at Ushuaia. I saw a show there and the people in those rooms have the best seats in the house, don't have to fight all the crowds and don't have to buy tickets (which are $175 USD for two at the door). However, it is insanely loud and the shows draw gigantic crowds. I liked having the ability to go see a show and then escape across the parking lot to the Hard Rock for a little relaxation.
Pool/Beach-I'm not a big beach goer so I spent all of my time at the pool (which is amazing for relaxing and people watching). Water Sports at the beach are very expensive and most of the chairs are for rent. I never had a problem getting a chair at the pool and we were usually down there by about 10 or 11am. You would need to get there earlier if you wanted a bed. Service at the pool was decent. The trick is flagging down a waitress but once you do, they are pretty good about coming back around and drinks were good. If I really wanted a drink immediately, I just used the pool swim up bar and had no issues. I enjoyed cooling off and grabbing a cocktail.
Restaurants- I ate at all the restaurants in the Hotel. None of them were good except the breakfast buffet at "Sessions" and the "3rd Half" Sports Bar. I received the best service I had during my entire stay in Ibiza at the 3rd Half Bar and the best food by far. The menu is mainly American food-wings, nachos, etc. but they were all great and the passion fruit mojitos are a must! Mario is a server there and he is amazing! So personable and friendly- which was hard to find anywhere else. The hotel's breakfast buffet is to die for too-The best I have ever seen in a hotel and they didn't leave anything out. It's massive. The service at the higher end tapas restaurant "Estado Puro" in the hotel was good but the food was sub par at best and definitely not worth the money. The service at the Eden bar (outside the smaller pool) was absolutely horrendous. We waited an hour and a half for a chicken sandwich and nachos. We had to use a translator on our phone to express our frustration because no one understood what we were saying and the waiter just kept blaming the chef. Finally, the food arrived cold, luckily they just took it off our tab and we left. The bar on the roof of the hotel, "The Ninth" has some great views and o.k. drinks but nothing to rave about. Its worth checking out for a drink before or after dinner. I found the Sky bar on top of Ushuaia to be much better as far as views and ambiance (you can see the DJ performances from up there too and escape the massive crowds of the ground if you want a break) I took some great photos from up there.
Improvement Needed- House Keeping for the rooms is poor. They actually put a dirty comforter on the bed one day by mistake. I went to lay own and noticed stains on the blanket and then discovered a sock that did not belong to myself or fiancé at the end of the bed!! Gross! It must have been wrapped in the blanket when they put it on my bed. I called right away and had them come change all the bed linens. Also, the room never seemed clean. There would be vacuum marks on the rug but none of the dirt was being removed. The shower floor always looked dirty and dingy too. I was not impressed with the cleanliness of the room but the hotel itself overall seemed very clean. The concierge service is lacking. We called them for help making a reservation and we had to follow up twice and it was never done. You are better off just going to the counter directly to be sure it gets done right away. Also, if you are attending any shows at any venue-BUY YOUR TICKETS IN THE HARD ROCK! It will save you a good amount of money. We wish we were informed of this at check-in because we spent a lot of money at the doors of places buying tickets. Service overall was just mediocre. There is definitely no sense of urgency and everything seems to take forever.
Prices- It's Ibiza-Everything is expensive (In or out of the resort). Drinks are about 15-18 euros a piece on average and food is very pricey too. A cheeseburger at a small bar on the strip was 15 euro. There is no way around it so be prepared!
Final Thought- Overall, the Hard Rock was very close to everything I expected/wanted for my perfect Ibiza vacation and the improvements needed would not hinder me from coming back. You cannot beat the location or ambiance the Hard Rock provides. It is perfect for people who love to be in the action of Ibiza but also for those who like to relax. I found it to be the perfect balance as I love dance music and the shows but my fiancé is the complete opposite but still had a great time. The pools and beaches are top notch and I would definitely return!

Room Tip: If you are seeing a show at this resort-get a room facing the main stage or pool to be in the action...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi ParisPinkk! Thank you so much for your incredibly thorough review. It is magnificent that both you and your fiancé were able to live out your dream vacation, despite having different ideas of what that is. It just goes to show that all of our guests have access to everything they could possibly imagine in their rock star fantasies. Allow us to apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with Housecleaning, Guest Services and at Eden restaurant. All of us make the grandest effort to work together to give our guests the same treatment our favorite bands get, and we are truly sorry that there were instances in which you did not get this rockin’ treatment. Your comments will be passed on to the corresponding departments. We appreciate your suggestions and will use them to continue to improve to ensure your next visit is an absolutely unforgettable success. See you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa d'en Bossa
#6 of 33 in Playa d'en Bossa
Aguas de Ibiza
Aguas de Ibiza
#2 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza? Share your experiences!