“A hotel which rocks!”

Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza
Ranked #1 of 33 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Except partying you wouldn't need to leave the hotel. It refers to singles, couples, families even with little kids. Food, drinks and beach amenities are all great along with a wide music selection! Definitely going back...

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos
1  Thank Ece O
PalladiumHG, Director General at Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Hello Ece O! Thanks for your great review! The Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza is the perfect accommodation for whatever you come to Ibiza looking for, whether it be some R&R or partying all through the night. With our ideal location and rockin’ amenities, what else could you ask for? We were honored to rock with you. See you soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,509)

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Me and the wife spent 3 nights at the Hard Rock - and it was a very nice stay indeed. Check in was a painless process as was check out. The staff are very helpful and attentive. Room was very clean (we had the Deluxe Silver - the bog standard room) and nice little features like the ipod docking station and the LED strip that changes colour (a tad gimicky, but I liked it). Shower was spacious and powerful but it did leave a lot of water outside of the shower door - this could be rectified by lowering the shower tray by a few inches - it doesn't need to be flush with the room floor. Also I noticed a damp patch in the ceiling almost directly underneath the shower from the room above - and it did leak (only the once mind you and it was drips not a full-on waterfall) when upstairs had a shower. I had read previous reviews before I arrived of guests complaining about this so I was prepared for it and to be honest I wasn't that bothered because I know the hotel is aware of these issues and will no doubt address them during the off-peak season.

Breakfast buffet - the best I've experienced. Lots of variety, loved it. Well done.

Pools - nice and big and i'm pretty sure they played different music underneath the water to what the DJ was playing! Couldn't see any speakers though...

Beach club - had lunch there on the first day - food was excellent. Had a lovely lamb dish with quinoa - couldn't fault it.

Hotel Reception - lovely and clean, the cleaners work constantly to keep it spotless. They pump out a nice sweet mint fragrance (similar to what disney hotels pump out) - I liked it as I found it cooling especially after walking around in the baking sun. The lass wasn't keen on it though, thought it was a bit sickly.

Gym - great little gym - plenty of free weights. Loved it.

Cientele - nice mixture of wannabees, couples, families and groups of lads/lasses. Neither group overtaking each other - well balanced.

Taxis - asked for 3 taxis during my stay - all arrived within 5 mins.

Wifi - I found it fast on both mac and iphone. Could get reception anywhere in the hotel. Well done.

All good bar the shower thing

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Wow morgala1! Thank you for taking your precious time to write such an amazing review. We are so happy to see that you were able to really dive into the ultimate rock experience. We are also glad to hear your socks were blown off by the underwater music, which is, in fact, different from what you hear above water. Your patience and faith in us regarding the showers is much appreciated. We have been working on solutions to that problem and will be repairing it once it is least bothersome to our guests. We’ll be waiting for you and your wife on your next weekend getaway. Have a great day!

Reviewed 26 August 2014

From our perfect check in to our perfect departure we certainly had a rock star experience at the Hard Rock.

We had booked in for 3 nights to enjoy this 5 star hotel and to see the Kylie Minogue concert at Ushuaia Hotel next door.

It's Ibiza, it's in Bossa so expect a party vibe, sometimes it was a thumping party and sometimes it was a chilled party, but it was always an amazing party!

Lying by the pool being entertained by DJ's and dancers, the pool area had a great atmosphere.

Our room, which overlooked the splash pool and out towards the sea, was contemporary, spacious and had a large balcony to relax on and have a drink before going out for the night.

The Kylie concert was free for guests, but we went one better and the following night while in the hotel tapas restaurant, Kylie and her manager arrived in the restaurant for tapas and was seated only a few tables away from us. Now thats a rock star experience...or maybe more of a pop star experience!! She was definitely enjoying the cool music in the restaurant. The meal was the best i've ever eaten by the way, make sure you try the 21st Century spanish tortilla...wow wow wow!

The hotel breakfast was extensive and delicious. If you need a wake me up...there was usually a bottle of cava in the ice bucket so you can enjoy a glass of fizz with your breakfast.

Check in and check out were fast and painless and we had a laugh with the staff. Everything was very efficient and organised.

On our last day we checked out at 12 and our airport pickup wasnt until 5, so we checked into the spa for only €20 each. What a great decision! We spent the afternoon relaxing by the quiet spa pool area and enjoying the spa facilties. It was a total chillout afternoon and well worth the cost.

If I wanted to have any negative comments, they would be the lock on the toilets door at reception didnt work and two of the spa water features werent working...and the dirty linen bucket in the spa changing areas could've been changed more frequently. But thats it....no big deal for a brand new hotel ironing out teething problems!

Make sure you check out the rooftop bar after dark, the hotel's beach area, the happy hour cocktails at the sports bar. Definitely eat in esparto puro tapas restaurant and defintely relax in the spa. Oh and the whole complex has free wifi for hotel guests.

Roll on 2015 for a return visit to enjoy the rock star Ibiza party vibe with the 5 star party people.

www.belfasttimes.co.uk/ibiza-rocks-hard

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor of the blocks surrounding the splash pool. Great views and great location.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Hello again BelfastTimes! Thanks for writing such an awesome review. Being able to rock out with you was our pleasure. We are ecstatic to be able to give you such an undeniably legendary experience with Kylie and all the rockin' luxury you encountered at our hotel. We have already put the work order in for the water jets and the bathroom locks and they should be fixed in no time if not already. Your attention to detail and suggestions are much appreciated. We are eagerly looking forward to recreating another exciting adventure on your next visit with us. Rock on!

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Very nice hotel and our room was better than expected. Easy place to just take your time and relax around the pools and beach club. Interior decor of the rooms was well thought out along with a balcony. We did move rooms from the Ushuia side of the hotel to get a break from day time bass lines rattling the room. The only bad taste we experienced was when I accidentally left a valuable item of jewellery in the room on vacation and it not being handed in by the house keeping staff.

Room Tip: Try to book a room on the other side from Ushuaia, big baselines from 10 in the morning onwards is n...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
PalladiumHG, Director General at Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Hello Neville D! We appreciate you commenting on your experience with us. It makes us happy that you could really unwind and that our custom-designed hotel could knock your socks off. It is very concerning that you did not manage to recover your piece of jewelry. I will be sending you a private message regarding this incident as the safety of our guests and their valuables are of the utmost priority to us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

My Wife and I stayed at HRH Ibiza for a few nights at the end of June. We have stayed with Hard Rock Hotels before and also frequent the Hard Rock Cafe's all over. First of all I would like to say that the hotel and its facilities were excellent, clean and tidy. You could see staff constantly trying to maintain this. Every member of staff we encountered was friendly and helpful with a special mention for Reme and Vincenzo and the staff in the Rock Spa for a very relaxing massage at the beginning of the stay. Food was excellent.
Having said all of the above we were a little disappointed at the lack of daytime and evening entertainment / music. This may be a problem born out of location and therefore gives a dilemma for the future. We were pleased to see a HRH nearer to home for potential short breaks to enjoy the Hard Rock brand, atmosphere and environment that we love but it wasn't really present. I can understand that the majority of people travel to Ibiza for the clubs, DJs and nightlife and the hotel is ideally situated for this.
Having said all this it is still early days for this hotel and we would be interested to see how it evolves. Hopefully more Hard Rock !!!!! because after all it is a great brand.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Hi there Andrew E! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We loved being able to give you the rock star treatment you came looking for. I will be sure to congratulate Reme and Vincenzo on a job well done. Your suggestion for improving our Hard Rock vibe is much appreciated and is essential to making sure all guests get that rock ‘n roll edge they come looking for. We are always evolving and looking for the newest and best way to serve our guests. Come back soon!

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Amazing hotel, location right on the beach. It has two fantastic restaurants, one in the hotel and the beach restaurant serving great food, but it's the staff that make the Hard Rock what it is.

I can name everybody working at the hotel, because they are actively engaging you and trying very hard to make your stay a little bit better everyday.

From Ana Montes who did a fantastic job of cleaning our rooms everyday and was always smiling and laughing no matter the size of the mess the kids made in their room.

They have fantastic kids areas, with amazing staff, Nikoleta and Loes helped me out most days and they were amazing, looking after your children while you're in the gym or just busy with relaxing. I found myself playing on the Xbox's a few times as well.

Every morning was started with Alba who gives yoga classes outside, she's extremely energetic and limber and you notice this as she's trying get everybody doing her water aerobics just before lunch.

Raquel and Elena, the hostesses at breakfast and the beach restaurant always making sure I got a table no matter how busy it was.

Shannon and Saray at Guest services are the two most incredible woman at this hotel, they handled everything for me, I didn't have to do a thing, from booking the specific rooms I wanted, to hiring my vehicles, getting tickets to events, even throwing a birthday party for one of the kids, basically anything I could think of they went out of their way to make sure it was. Without them and the rest of the staff at the Hard Rock Ibiza my stay would never have been as enjoyable as it was.

There is just so much to do all the time, or you could rent the beds on the beach and just do absolutely nothing.

Room Tip: The best thing you could do at this hotel is make good use of the staff, they are what make this hot...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank garethscheepers1980

Hi again garethscheepers1980! Thank you for your rockin’ comments. It was our pleasure to have you and your entire party staying with us and to be able make all your vacation dreams come true. I will be sure to give special recognition to all the fantastic employees you mentioned and I am sure they will be delighted that they took part in making your trip undeniably unforgettable. We look forward to the possibility of seeing all of you again next year! Hope you are enjoying your time back in South Africa.

Reviewed 26 August 2014

I , along with others, were apprehensive after reading the initial reviews. However, I had a super time at Hard Rock and would definitely recommend it. Most of the big issues that people have commented on seem to have generally been resolved.

The hotel and rooms were always clean, with good equipment. We had a great view of the sea from our standard room. The shower was large with a good range of toiletries provides. The hotel was situated in a great position on the beach and 5 minutes from space. Check in and out were smooth, the staff very helpful and informative about the facilities etc.

My only niggles were:
- the service at the beach club which seemed a bit stretched, although the staff on the whole were very nice.
- You also won't get a bed at the beach unless you go early although there are two pools which are spacious.
- And there were no towel left on my last day there. As the hotel stated it provide them, I didn't bring one so that was a bit frustrating.

However, you do get complimentary tickets to the Friday night event which was held at ushuaia. The hotel is lovely- they have clearly spent a lot of money making it a 5 star hotel. The food and drink options in the hotel are extensive. The spa also looks amazing.
I would go back and think that the minor teething problems they are experiencing will iron out. I'd give it 5 stars then.

Review collected in partnership with Hard Rock Hotels & Casinos

Thanks for your rockin’ review, Amy T! We are so thankful that you appreciated all our hard work to smooth out our prior issues, and we will continue working around the clock to improve. Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences caused for the service at the Beach Club and the towels. We are looking into both these issues and will surely be quick to resolve them. We appreciate your patience and understanding. We hope to see you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa d'en Bossa
#1 of 7 in Port d'es Torrent
Sol Beach House Ibiza
Sol Beach House Ibiza
#11 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio

Been to Hard Rock Hotel Ibiza? Share your experiences!