What an amazing holiday. Myself and my husband went 15 to 22 October 2013, I write this the day after we got back. The airport lounge in Manchester, and an easy check in due to reserved seats made a great start to our holiday. Don't underestimate either of those things and do them if you can. DO NOT book a transfer, it will cost you far more than a taxi will, and I really wish I'd took note of that. A taxi will cost you around 10 euro, a transfer 20 to 30. So, on with the review.
We arrived at the hotel around 10.30am and were concerned to read a sign saying check in at 12. Luckily for us our room was ready and we were checked in with a smile, and speed. Everything was explained to us regarding times of meals, places to eat etc. There are four places to eat, all at similar times. Our room (room 4235, block 4) was outstanding. I'd requested a sea view, and that was exactly what we got. The queen sized bed was firm and very comfortable, made every morning. The bathroom had a jacuzzi bath, shower, even a bidet. (you know, for sandy feet ;) )
I was going to make a suggestion whilst there that the TV have more english channels than the two it has, sky and bbc world news, but then I got a grip, I mean I was on holiday, I can watch TV at home.
The food in the main buffet is excellent, and we are vegetarians so hard to please (we own this). There was plenty of choice for everyone, always meats and fish, always a delightful and very diverse salad bar, lots of veg and potatoe dishes (yes, even chips) We were never without options, except for one night when there wasn't really a great selection for us veggies, but we still managed a plateful of delicious and fresh food. Your glass is always filled, but the standard red wine is not at good as it could be. ASK for the rioja. It's delightful. (shame they didn't have it in the restaurants) We ate in the main buffet most of the time but did venture out to the Med restaurant one night. This place is excellent for you carnivores, not so great for us. That was the ONE drawback, I would have liked more choice for vegetarians in the on site restaurants.
You get, as part of the AI, slippers and a dressing/bath gown. Access to a beach towel that you can change every day if you wish. Clean towels and a tidy room with made bed EVERY day.
The staff were great and really looked after us. Being a gay couple we were unsure whether this place would be right for us, but we don't like to do 'all gay' things. It was in fact, wonderful. We weren't the only gay couple there, and we mixed in perfectly with families (and new friends) from all over the world.
There is always something to do here, should you wish to. The animacion team go above and beyond. They work so hard, everyone does at this hotel. Playa d'en bossa itself was mainly closed, and was only used for us as a way to get to Ibiza Town. The bus from right outside the hotel takes you right there, and brings you back again. It's worth the trip, we went twice.
The sunrises, and moon licked waves at night, were so outstanding from our room that I actually wept. ( I weep at beauty anyway, so no biggie for me) The little beach bar serves an excellent sangria, and has good views. If the tower is open, go and climb it, see the views from there. Very worth it.
We met some amazing people, were extremely well looked after and catered to, and cannot wait to go back at the same time next year. Maybe a little earlier, because apparently the sunsets from the Cafe Del Mar are the second best in the world, and a boat trip to formentera is more than worth it too.
Ibiza, with all of my heart, I love you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa provides the ideal setting for an unforgettable holiday right on the beachfront of the renowned Playa d'en Bossa. The resort also offers six spacious meeting rooms with the latest technology that allows for events and celebrations of all sizes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, Ebookers, Prestigia, Agoda, Southall Travel, Jet2Holidays , Odigeo, Palladium Hotel Group, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palladium Palace Ibiza Hotel Playa d`En Bossa
- Hotel Palladium Palace Ibiza
- Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa Playa D'en Bossa