“Already planning to return next year....and can't wait!”

Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 33 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
Reviewed 23 October 2013

What an amazing holiday. Myself and my husband went 15 to 22 October 2013, I write this the day after we got back. The airport lounge in Manchester, and an easy check in due to reserved seats made a great start to our holiday. Don't underestimate either of those things and do them if you can. DO NOT book a transfer, it will cost you far more than a taxi will, and I really wish I'd took note of that. A taxi will cost you around 10 euro, a transfer 20 to 30. So, on with the review.

We arrived at the hotel around 10.30am and were concerned to read a sign saying check in at 12. Luckily for us our room was ready and we were checked in with a smile, and speed. Everything was explained to us regarding times of meals, places to eat etc. There are four places to eat, all at similar times. Our room (room 4235, block 4) was outstanding. I'd requested a sea view, and that was exactly what we got. The queen sized bed was firm and very comfortable, made every morning. The bathroom had a jacuzzi bath, shower, even a bidet. (you know, for sandy feet ;) )

I was going to make a suggestion whilst there that the TV have more english channels than the two it has, sky and bbc world news, but then I got a grip, I mean I was on holiday, I can watch TV at home.

The food in the main buffet is excellent, and we are vegetarians so hard to please (we own this). There was plenty of choice for everyone, always meats and fish, always a delightful and very diverse salad bar, lots of veg and potatoe dishes (yes, even chips) We were never without options, except for one night when there wasn't really a great selection for us veggies, but we still managed a plateful of delicious and fresh food. Your glass is always filled, but the standard red wine is not at good as it could be. ASK for the rioja. It's delightful. (shame they didn't have it in the restaurants) We ate in the main buffet most of the time but did venture out to the Med restaurant one night. This place is excellent for you carnivores, not so great for us. That was the ONE drawback, I would have liked more choice for vegetarians in the on site restaurants.

You get, as part of the AI, slippers and a dressing/bath gown. Access to a beach towel that you can change every day if you wish. Clean towels and a tidy room with made bed EVERY day.

The staff were great and really looked after us. Being a gay couple we were unsure whether this place would be right for us, but we don't like to do 'all gay' things. It was in fact, wonderful. We weren't the only gay couple there, and we mixed in perfectly with families (and new friends) from all over the world.

There is always something to do here, should you wish to. The animacion team go above and beyond. They work so hard, everyone does at this hotel. Playa d'en bossa itself was mainly closed, and was only used for us as a way to get to Ibiza Town. The bus from right outside the hotel takes you right there, and brings you back again. It's worth the trip, we went twice.

The sunrises, and moon licked waves at night, were so outstanding from our room that I actually wept. ( I weep at beauty anyway, so no biggie for me) The little beach bar serves an excellent sangria, and has good views. If the tower is open, go and climb it, see the views from there. Very worth it.

We met some amazing people, were extremely well looked after and catered to, and cannot wait to go back at the same time next year. Maybe a little earlier, because apparently the sunsets from the Cafe Del Mar are the second best in the world, and a boat trip to formentera is more than worth it too.

Ibiza, with all of my heart, I love you.

Room Tip: Bloque 4 is quiet, and sea views are amazing. You get to watch the sunrise every morning, and it...
8  Thank Paul B
FiestaHotelGroup_FHG, General Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking your time to comment on our hotel and its offered services. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our service, facilities and staff. We also thank you for your positive feedback regarding our variety of food and beverages and for your suggestions concerning the vegetarian menu. We are happy that you enjoyed our variety of activities offered at our hotel. We hope to welcome you again at our Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,811)

Reviewed 19 October 2013

Just returned after a week at The Palladium with the wife. Hotel is as most reviews say, big, clean, friendly staff and food as AI standards go is excellent. The closing parties for all the major clubs were last week so if you go now around 90% of bars and shops in Playa den Bossa are closed for the winter. If you want to watch any sports go into town and turn left at the KFC there's an English sports bar there and it shows all games live and was the busiest bar while we were there.
Travelling around- go to the security lobby at the entrance to the hotel and then go right you will find the bus stop, buses run on the hour and every half hour. Bus to Ibiza town (Evissa) costs 2euro70 it does a bit of a loop in Ibiza Town then drops you in the main underground bus terminal, this is about a 10 min walk from the front or it is where you connect to get a bus anywhere else on the island. Bus on to San Antonio cost the same again. Taxi home from San Antonio was 27 euro one way.
lobby bar at the hotel is open 9am to 1am which is very good for all inc.
Many international brands are included in the AI package although they dont tell you, if you ask for a vodka you will get local vodka however if you ask for Smirnoff you will get Smirnoff.
Ladies if you like Cava you can have a glass or why not ask for the bottle to save going back to the bar :) Don't think many people realised but peanuts and crisp were available all night and are served in bowls you just need to ask.
Not sure if its because it late season but we were able to use the a la carte restaurants every night of our stay- Tex Mex was ok Mediterrano much better but try yourself and make your own mind up.
Beach ok very quiet but a lot of seaweed, take a walk to the right to the watchtower, its free to climb to the top and you get a fantastic view of Den Bossa and Ibiza Town.
Mini bar restocked every other day with water and soft drinks.
Dressing gowns and slippers provided in you room on arrival.
All in all one of the best AI hotels we have stayed in.
any questions fell free to ask.

2  Thank carlnhay

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comment and for your stay at the Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with our services, food and staff. Thank you very much for your positive feedback on our restaurants and facilities. We hope to welcome you again at our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a week in October 2013, our first proper holiday away together so wanted to go to a hotel with a good all inclusive selection in terms of food and drinks.
Got back today, and I can't sing the hotels praises enough. The selection of food at breakfast (though we only made it down once in the whole week for it) was outstanding, continental style breakfast and a huge selection of bread, pastries and sausage, eggs and bacon.
The staff couldn't do enough for you, always making sure you had a drink.
The two a la carte restaurants included in the all inclusive package were first class. The food was always cooked to a high standard and if you wanted, you could have a steak every night. The menus didn't change which was a bit disappointing but with so much choice of where to eat in the hotel, you could try something different every time you went.

Our room was lovely and spacious, a surprise as after reading a few reviews on some of the rooms I expected them to be small and dated. The room had a large bedroom, with two single beds which were pushed together. Bit disappointed there but not that bothered for just a week!
The minibar was restocked everyday and is included in the all inclusive package. In my experience at the hotel, try and get a room in the 3000 block, on the first or second floor. Rooms in 3000 block have gorgeous views of the sea and pool, and the ground floor rooms have open fronted balconies... A little bit too open if you ask me!

Overall, the hotel is a lovely place to stay. Brilliant distance from the airport, only €10/11 in a taxi. Around €30 if you want to head into Santa Eulalia. The planes coming in and out overhead didn't bother us, walking on the beach and seeing them come in really is an experience though, they get pretty close! The noise can hardly be heard in the room and didn't disrupt our sleep.
Playa d'en Bossa at this time of year seemed very quiet. Not many shops were open and the hotel is a bit of a walk from the main town, being the last hotel on the far side of the beach. However I don't think this should out anyone off, it's a amazing hotel and we'd definitely both stay again. :)

Room Tip: Block 3000 and rooms on the first or second floor
1  Thank Bryony9928

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comment and your stay at our Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our selection of food and our service. We would like to thank you also for your positive feedback on our staff and the facilities of our hotel. We hope to welcome you again at our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Grand Palladium for 4 nights at the beginning of October. Excellent location from airport, we were off the plane and in the hotel reception within 20 minutes. We took a taxi, around 9 Euros, from air port to hotel.
We were in block 5, near to the beach and beach bars, but we never heard any noise at night, and slept really well. Our room was very clean and tidy. Mini bar always fully stocked with soft drinks. We didn't use safe, but it was there for free and easy to use.
Both pools were very clean, we used both but I loved the chill out pool.
Also the beach was just a minutes walk away from hotel. Lovely clear sea, and sand that stretches the whole of Playa D'en Bossa front. You do have to pay for a sunbed, but we were happy to sit on the sand. Lots of bars easy to reach from here too. Around 5 beach bars in a row.
We stayed All Inclusive, and it was the best I had ever had. Lots of drinks included, even branded spirits etc. Food was excellent every day, and we ate in the Tex-Mex restaurant, also lovely.
We had a day and night in Ibiza town, which is beautiful. Don't get a taxi, there's a bus stop just outside gates that will take you there for less than 3 Euros, runs every half an hour on the dot. You can even get the Space bus back from Ibiza town throughout the night.
We had a great time, and will hopefully return next year as there is so much more to Ibiza than we could fit in!

Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you very much for your comment and for taking your time to share them with us. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our facilities, rooms, location and infrastructure around our hotel. Thank you very much for your positive feedback on our food and restaurants. We hope to welcome you again at the Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa in the near future.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

The hotel was ok don't get me wrong it did not completely ruin the holiday, but we would not return there or recommend to friends.

Bad points: Staff were not very friendly at all, it felt like as they were trying to promote a luxury hotel they were working so hard they forgot to smile and be friendly. On many occasions we felt uncomfortable in and around the hotel and felt like we could not relax or put a finger wrong.
The bed in our room was so old it creaked every time you moved, even in the slightest when you sat on it therefore we did not sleep well.
The tv, as someone mentioned before only has bbc news and sky news - one more channel that had been something different to a news channel would have been lovely.
couldn't see anything from our balcony as palm trees were blocking the whole of it
the swimming pool was covered in dead flies on the first morning we were there so nobody went in the pool
the beach was covered in broken glass (expected as in Ibiza but would have expected better for our end of the beach where our hotel was)
hotel very spread out and at times we felt a little lost

Good points:
Hotel was practically on the beach (even though the beach wasn't the nicest beach it was still a lovely location)
swimming pools were huge
sunbeds - the bali beds, were so comfy and free to use
ammenties in the room were generous - tea and coffee facilities, mini bar, dressing gown, slippers and toiletries. All of which were topped up when needed
Plenty of choice for food and variation every night. food was of good standard aswell
20 minute transfer at most from airport - lovely after a flight.

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay at the Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa. We are pleased that you were satisfied with our food, swimming pools and facilities. Though, we are sorry to hear that your stay was not as pleasant as expected. Although your comments concerning the staff are unexpected, we take them into account and we thank you once again for taking the time to share them with us. We hope to see you again at our Hotel in order to surprise you in a positive way on your next visit.

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

We visited this hotel at the beginning of October for one week. It was our first family holiday abroad with our 9 month old baby.

The hotel is very close to the airport; around ten minutes to transfer which was good with our little one after a the hour flight.

The hotel is situated on the beach but it is not owned by them and therefore not maintained by them. There is a charge for sunbeds and parasols. The first day we walked to the beach it was covered in sea weed so we didn't stay but a couple of days later it had been cleared.

Check in was smooth and fast and we had been allocated a sea view room over looking the main pool. The room was spacious and modern and the bed was queen sized. We asked for a cot and it was brought to our room. The mini bar was restocked daily and the rooms were cleaned daily to a high standard.

we stayed all inclusive. The food was great compared to other all inclusives we've stayed at. There was a large variety and it was all fresh. Branded drinks were available, you just had to all for them. If you didn't ask you got the local equivalent. Some drinks were paid for even on all inclusive so you had to check the menu. The waiters were all very friendly and generally recognised you after a few days. One thing let the waiter service down in my opinion; there was an eon conference going on with probably around one hundred delegates staying at the hotel for a couple of nights. One lunch time they opened the restaurant late so that the conference people could be served and out of the way this wasn't a problem but I needed to fed our baby do asked if we could go through. I was abruptly told by the head waiter, julio, that we could go in but not touch any of the food! I explained that I simply wanted to sit my baby down and feed him so he let us though. I then asked another waiter if whole milk was available for my baby as I hadn't seen it at breakfast. Julio ran over and rudely told the waiter off for speaking to me and told me not to speak to him! I looked at my husband in shock. A little while later, I saw Julio, and asked why he did what he did when all I was asking for was some milk. He said he thought I was asking to sit outside. I explained no and told him that he didn't even give me chance to explain what I wanted. He was probably the rudest waiter I've ever come across, constantly interrupting as I was speaking. Anyway, he then realised what he had done and proceeded to bring me skimmed milk, soya milk and semi skimmed milk. I said I wanted whole milk and he says they don't have it and to request it at reception. By this time I couldn't be bothered. He was the only let down personnel wise at the hotel. Everyone else was friendly and helpful.

There were two a la carte restaurants but we didn't try them as the menus didn't look great and when we did venture over just to have a look we weren't really welcomed nicely. You can't wear sandles or flip flops in these restaurants.

We took our baby to the mini club which was great. Lots of toys, activities, an outdoor area and space for him to roll around. He loved it. The two staff were brilliant and loved playing with him. There was a Childrens pool which was great with slides etc for older children but it was freezing! I thought with it being a childrens pool it would have been a lot warmer. You couldn't really keep a baby in it for long. There was a mini disco in the evenings at 8.30pm which we couldn't go to because it was past bed time. I would suggest making it earlier as it's for kids and most I know go to sleep early.

We didn't get the opportunity to experience the evening entertainment so can't really comment on this, but it sounded good from where we were.

The beach was very noisy at night with parties going on until 5.30 am and music banging. Obviously I expected that in Ibiza, just not to be able to hear it in my room.

Overall we had a great holiday and stay at this hotel and id recommend it to anyone with kids.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Reena P
FiestaHotelGroup_FHG, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2013

Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your review and for recommending us.
I am very sorry to hear that you had such a experience at the main restaurant. I will give your review to the Maître to avoid this happening again. Please accept my sincerest apologies.
In spite of this fact I am glad to know that your stay with us was to your satisfaction and that your baby did enjoy the miniclub.
We hope to host you next summer again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Just returned from 5 days at the Grand Palladium in Playa D'en Bossa with my boyfriend and 6 friends. We had an amazing time, pools were great, drinks all inclusive on our package and a serious selection of food in the main restaurant. The staff were over and beyond friendly and nothing was too much trouble for any of them. I would absolutely come back to this hotel and have looked into returning next year. Probably the best hotel I have stayed in and the all inclusive drinks saved us a fortune on a very expensive island! I found the hotel itself to be very relaxing and the spa was wonderful! Dino, Nacho, and all the bar staff were all great and we are looking forward to returning next year! Thanks again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank elainec22

Dear guest,

Thank you for rating us 5/5 on Tripadvisor. We are pleased to hear that you had an amazing time at our hotel and that you did enjoy our All Inclusive offer. It is always a pleasure to host you and we look forward to seeing you next summer.

Kind regards,

ME Ibiza
ME Ibiza
#6 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio
Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites & Spa
Insotel Fenicia Prestige Suites ...
#4 of 57 in Santa Eulalia del Rio

Been to Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!