“Wow Wow Wow”

Ranked #1 of 35 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
Manchester UK
“Wow Wow Wow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

Just got from from a three day break. Booked it last minute and so glad we did. All the staff were so helpful and polite and spoke good English.
We were in room 2202 on the first floor. The room was spacious clean and had everything you could need. A mini bar stock with soft drinks and water and a large flat screen television. A beautiful bathroom with a proper hair dryer and toiletries. We had a lovely view of the nature reserve with flamingos from our balcony it was lovely and peaceful.
The main restaurant was large clean and the food was varied and plentiful. Soft drinks and wine served by waiters. We ate at the beach bar during the day overlooking the beach and sea . Good food and drinks including shorts. Branded drinks were included such as Smirnoff. The pools were out of this world although not heated they were bearable. The best pools I've seen for a long time. I cannot find anything negative to say just €10 in a taxi from the airport on the beach spotlessly clean would go back in a heart beat. If your lucky enough to go have a great time.

Stayed April 2014
6 Thank BettyManchesterUK
FiestaHotelGroup_FHG, General Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your kind words and compliments regarding our hotel. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with our staff, service and hotel complex. Thank you very much for your appreciation of our room amenities as well as our facilities. We hope to welcome you again in our Hotel Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort and Spa in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (340)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

My boyfriend booked this holiday and I wasn't sure what to expect : Ibiza in October? The arrival process was a little lengthy but it gave me a good opportunity to look around. What I noticed immediately? Grand Palladium takes great pride in the cleanliness of their property - every inch! The employees have pride and enjoy their jobs! The bar men never shy away from serving up awesome concoctions and singing whilst doing it.

Important things for management to consider:
The communication of restaurant bookings.

Employees(reservations team/ maître d') were not clear if you had to book to eat at different restaurants or not. We were told we didn't have to book then showed up to the restaurant and told we had to wait 1/2-45 min only to find other couples going straight in as they made a reservation, we then tried to make reservations and we're told we didn't have to. One evening we fancied Italian and arrived at the restaurant only to find it had closed for the season but received no communication about this - which was a real disappointment.

The beach area- not somewhere you want to hang out. Needs some work.

The main inside bar area is lovely however ambiance in the evening is important- turn down the lights after 8! We rarely sat inside because this light were full on bright and it didn't create a welcoming atmosphere.

Despite these issues- I would highly recommend booking a holiday a the Grand Palladium- you won't regret it.

7 Thank Andrea_Paterson
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your comment and for staying at the Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa. For us, it is extremely important to know our guests expectations and to learn about their experience in order to be able to improve our services. We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with our facilities, service and staff. Thank you very much for your help concerning the restaurant bookings, bar facility and the beach area. Although your comments are unexpected, we take them into account and we thank you once again for taking the time to share them with us. We apologize for the inconveniences experienced during your stay and hope we will have the opportunity to make you change your view about our resort in a future visit.
leeds
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

Got married on 6th Oct 2013 & flew out to Ibiza on the 8th for a 5 night Honeymoon. Ibiza wasn't our first choice of honeymoon, we wanted Indian Ocean or Cape Verde but following the expense of a wedding our budget would not allow for this. As neither my Wife or I had been to Ibiza before we thought 'why not?'
We selected the Grand Palladium based on reviews & cost (About £600 for the 2 of us A/I)

On arrival we received a complimentary bottle of champagne in our room from the hotel for our honeymoon. A nice touch.
Although close to the airport we had no aircraft noise issues, but saying that we live close to Leeds/Bradford airport anyway so maybe were used it.

Hotel was nice & clean as were the grounds. Staff kept busy. staff very friendly & helpful
Rooms maybe not 5* but clean & big enough for the 2 of us. nice big balcony with hangers for wet clothes. black out curtains. bed = 2 singles (big singles) pushed together.
Nice large lobby area with plenty of seating & a local info point. Also computers (at a cost) with internet access.
Food excellent....esp. the themed restaurants. 5* food. proper spirits served in bars (ie. Smirnoff, Disaranno)
As we didn't have our Kids with us I cannot really comment on those facilities/entertainment but I noticed games & dances on an evening for the kids & there was a large creche/kids club just outside the hotel entrance that looked impressive.
Nice big, albeit cool pools & plenty of space & sun loungers. The beach is also on the doorstep
but you have to pay (about 7 euros each) for sun loungers on beach.
The location is at the far end of Playa d'en bossa & quite a walk to the town/shops.
*note: We travelled just after the party season & the big clubs were closed, didn't bother us as we were on honeymoon but this also affected some of the shops, restaurants & smaller bars which were also closed. Playa d'en Bossa outside peak season is VERY QUIET!

The hotel spa is a must & makes for a nice, relaxing half day. Also recommend the massage.
Various boat excursion are available from down in d'en Bossa, we did the Es Vedra & Formentura trip which was nice but a bit too long.

I would highly recommend this hotel, esp. if you can get a good deal & My Wife & I are considering going back around our anniversary but maybe a little earlier to experience the hustle n bustle.

Thanks to all the staff & the hotel for providing us with a brilliant honeymoon

Weather: The Balerics can be unpredictable in the Autumn months & our 1st morning was cloudy & raining. We dreaded a week of bad weather but fortunately by the afternoon it had cleared & the rest of the week was warm & mostly clear (Temps about 23/25 oC)

5 Thank Damo78
Dear Guest,
We would like to thank you for your comment and for taking your time to share your opinion with us. We appreciate your positive feedback concerning our hotel, its location, rooms, food and staff. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed our variety of restaurants as well as our facilities. We hope to welcome you again at our Hotel in the near future.
Budapest, Hungary
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Very friendly and nice staff. The oval shaped pool area is the best for kids. Beach 2 minutes by walk.
It is not a five star hotel,/ only the price / three and a half.Great location but very noisy.It is in an aircraft pathway. The rooms are very noisy also, paper thin walls.
NO INTERNET!!! What they say is,something very slow from the 80's.
For this price you can get better.

Room Tip: Only the second floor, next to the oval shaped pool.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Janos2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comments and your stay at our Hotel Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa. For us, it is extremely important to know our guest’s expectations and to learn about their experience in order to be able to improve our services. Although your comments are unexpected, we take them into account and we thank you once again for taking the time to share them with us. We hope to welcome you again at our resort in the near future.
Lincoln, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed here in June 2013 with my husband and 5 year old daughter. Only 10 min transfer from the airport and a really quick check in on arriving at the hotel. Rooms basic, but really clean and maid service every day. Could not fault anything about this hotel, food, entertainment and staff all brilliant. I have never before left my daughter in a crèche facility on holiday, but the children's staff and crèche facilities were 100% and we were happy to leave her for and hour or so a few days. Nothing bad whatsoever to report about this hotel and we've rebooked again this year.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank mollydog43
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comment and your stay at our Hotel Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa. We are happy to hear that you are satisfied with our service, location and facilities. In particular we would like to thank you for your positive feedback on our staff. We hope to welcome you again soon at our hotel.
Hershey, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

I arrived at the Grand Palladium at the very start of the season before the beach at the hotel was open, so I was glad to have a rental car to explore the island. The staff at the desk was a bit disorganized, but friendly and helpful. My room was close to the lobby, but many were quite a hike from the lobby (for folks with mobility issues). The hallways were noisy because there was no carpeting - indoor/outdoor area. I often heard people running down the corridors, laughing and talking loudly and slamming doors. I can't imagine what it would be like in high season as the marble floors and acoustics were not designed to muffle sound. The room was clean and the balcony had a wonderful view of the pool area (I was on the top floor), and there was intermittent loud music coming from the bar near my room - but not so much (at least in April) to bother me. I could see that Ibiza is geared for the party scene. There was no heat in the room in spite of a thermostat that indicated there was, and as it was the end of April, it was rather chilly. The staff told me the resort is a summer resort and not equipped to heat the room, but they did bring me extra blankets. One night when it was particularly cool, it would have been nice to have some heat. Before going to Ibiza, I had read that the water (as in the shower, bathroom sink) can have a slightly salty taste, and I found this to be true, but it was not a problem. The food at the resort was wonderful - large choice and delicious and the restaurant was cheery, spacious, and very pleasant. Parking near the lobby was very limited - even during the first week of the season. I am not sure of what they do in summer. I asked someone, and it seems that most people do not bring cars to the resort, or if they do, they park in overflow staff parking which I never saw. But since I always rent cars in order to explore, and have some walking issues (age 59 at the time, with bad knees), this was a concern to me. However, I was able to find parking with the exception of later at night - and then I had to circle around a bit until someone left. This part of the island is close to the airport and not buried in congested small town traffic, so it made getting out and exploring the island easy; I appreciated that. For others who like more hustle and bustle of town life, this is more of a self contained resort. There are restaurants and clubs, etc. nearby - but many of them were still closed for the season. I like fewer tourists - and yet it was not so deserted to feel isolated even as a solo traveler. I enjoyed the complimentary alcoholic beverages, but have to say that the wine (which I drank at dinner - I found the champagne to be the best bet) is not quite what I would have chosen (I had read this in another review) and when I asked for a martini with an olive at happy hour, I got some kind of mixture with a green candied cherry. I had to laugh. I think I would stick with straight liquor on the rocks or bottled beer - but as I am not a serious drinker, it was all good. I would stay at this resort again because of convenient location to the airport and lack of congestion - at least in spring, because the food was very good, the rooms were clean and pleasant, the public areas and restaurant were airy and cheery, and the resort was upscale. Prices at the end of April were excellent.

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool side might be noisy in high season because of bar music. If one has mobility issu...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank Christie B
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comment. We appreciate your suggestions concerning the rooms. We are happy that you were satisfied with our restaurant and food selection and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our beverage services as well as the location and facilities. We hope to welcome you again at our Hotel Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa in the future.
Porthcawl, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

My boyfriend and I returned from a seven night holiday in the Palladium Palace on 30/10/13. We both agree that it was by far the best holiday either of us had ever been on and could not fault it in any way!

As the hotel is not even 10 minutes from the airport, we chose to get a taxi rather than pre-arranged transfers after our late night flight, and were not disappointed! There were more than enough taxis available directly outside and we were dropped at the hotel's main entrance for a mere 9 Euro's, within twenty minutes of our flight landing!

From the moment we arrived we were treated exceptionally; nothing was too much for the staff, who all helped to make the holiday as amazing as it was. We hadn't even finished our drinks and they were bringing us another to the table, and it only took a couple of days for the staff to recognize us and remember our drinks order.

Our room was in block 2000 and was spacious, immaculately clean and had a lovely deck overlooking the main pool. It was finished to a much higher quality than any other 'standard' room we have stayed in, including here in Britain!

So much is included in the all-inclusive tariff - a huge variety of branded drinks such as Smirnoff and Disaronno, cocktails, pool towels, hotel entertainment, A La Carte restaurants and even a minibar in the room that was restocked daily.

There is also plenty of choice where food is concerned at the hotel. The main buffet restaurant serves a variety of high quality, fresh food and there are two lovely A La Carte restaurants that are both worth a visit, as well as a beach restaurant - so plenty of chances for a change of scenery!

You also have choice when it comes to pools, as we went out of season there was always plenty of sun loungers either by the main pool (which has a real holiday vibe with music and entertainment from the staff, without being too invasive) or the 'chill out pool' which is quieter.

There is an on-site shop with plenty of amenities including snacks, gifts, magazines and toiletries.

Hotel entertainment was free and absolutely brilliant! During the week we were there we were able to watch the Beijing Acrobats, and the staff did stage performances of Mamma Mia and Moulin Rouge - both absolutely hilarious and a real highlight of the holiday thanks to the wonderful staff.

Although we were staying as a couple, we were really impressed by the facilities that the hotel provides for families; the kid's club runs until 6pm, where they have entertainment and their own pool and there is also separate entertainment for the children in the night. This also meant that the adults were able to enjoy a quieter, more mature atmosphere throughout the hotel.

The hotel's spa, 'Zentropia', is very reasonably priced at 10 Euros for 90 minutes use of the 'circuit' and is definitely worth a visit! As we went out-of-season we were usually the only ones there and were allowed to stay as long as we wanted. It is finished to an exceptionally high standard and really helps you feel pampered!

All in all, we can not fault the hotel in any way! For the entire duration of the holiday we never even left the hotel resort - not once! We had absolutely everything on-site and thoroughly enjoyed our time there, we were very sorry to have to leave! We will definitely be returning and have no plans to holiday anywhere else!

Room Tip: We stayed in a ground floor room in Block 2000, which had a lovely deck and a brilliant view overloo...
7 Thank Stephanie J
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comment and for your stay at our Hotel Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa. We are pleased to hear that you were satisfied with our service, staff, animation program and facilities. We always try to fulfill all wishes of our clients as good as possible. Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our variety of food and beverages. We hope to welcome you again at our hotel in the near future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Playa d'en Bossa
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,999 reviews
Santos Ibiza Coast Suites
Santos Ibiza Coast Suites
#12 of 35 in Playa d'en Bossa

Been to Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!