“Lovely holiday” 3 of 5 bubbles

Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa
Ranked #2 of 35 Hotels in Playa d'en Bossa
“Lovely holiday”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Returned yesterday from a lovely relaxing holiday with my 11 year old daughter. Our intention was to chill out and that's exactly what we did for the week.

Hotel staff were all very friendly.
Food in the main buffet restaurant was okay for breakfast and dinner but the beach restaurant much better for lunch.
Staff could pay a bit more attention to cleanliness and tidiness around main pool and pool bar area.
Be careful re mosquitos at night on your terrace/balcony.
Bagging of sun-loungers was a much complained about problem but staff were seen removing them about 8.00am in the morning.

Don't agree with them displaying price lists for upgrading to branded drinks/ice-creams and wines...made me question the quality of all-inclusive options (which were perfectly adequate)

Would definitely go back at cooler time of year to explore the island.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Louise W
PalladiumHG, General Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear client!

Thank you very much for your comment and for staying at the Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with our friendly and professional staff and the selection at the buffets. We appreciate your suggestions concerning the sun beds but we are always trying to control the situation. We offer special drinks and bottles of wine that have a certain price, but all of our guests can choose from our included wine list and ice creams. We thank you for your positive feedback on our beach restaurant and hope to see you soon again at our hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (336)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

The staff are faultless and my review is therefore no fault to them. The beds in the double rooms are awful, so hard, my husband and I slept on our lilos for 2 nights until we were moved to a twin room that had soft mattresses.

The resort is sparse and not well designed, needs some plants/ paintings, anything to make it look a bit more appealing.

Sunloungers were all taken by about 10am and then towels left on them all day so we were unable to lye by the pool more than once. Bought lilos to lye on these in the pool instead but this was not allowed, so took them to the beach (you have to pay for sun loungers there the hotel doesn't provide them). Food was very good, service in restaurants slow though.

Spa excellent, lots of empty sun loungers there (but you have to pay to access it, or get access after a treatment) Although worth a trip.

Would rate hotel 3+ star overall.

Room Tip: Twin room, definitely not double as the mattresses are terrible!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
2 Thank Katy S
PalladiumHG, Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear Katy,

Thank you very much staying at our resort and for sharing your comments with us. For us it’s really important to know our guest expectations and feedback in order to improve our services. I’m really happy for your positive impression about our staff and the selection and variety of food.

We also appreciate your suggestions concerning the mattresses and the design. Make sure that your comments will be taken into account.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We recently stayed here and it was brilliant.

We arrived early and the check in staff were great and got us into out room as soon as they could.

They gave us our all inclusive wrist band before we'd checked in so we could go and get some breakfast and a drink and gave us access to the guest shower room so we could get changed.

The room was a good size and very clean, the cleaners were quick and efficient.

The pool area was nice and clean although it's sometimes tricky to get a sun lounger near to the pool due to people reserving them with towels first thing in the morning.

The hotel has a good, friendly mix of nationalities which personally I enjoy.

All the staff were helpful and very friendly and went out of their way to do what ever they could to help.

There's a great selection of food in the restaurants but it does get a bit repetitive after a week, the two separate restaurants are great and feel more like restaurant experience as they are in a different part of the hotel and have table service. There's an Italian and a Mexican and both were great.

The hotel is the last in Playa d'en Bossa on backs onto a nature reserve and is on the beach, it's around a 10-15 minute walk up to the centre and the bars and clubs. It's close enough to get invloved if you like or to stay away, we like a bit of both!

The nature reserve is very quiet and nice for a stroll or a run. There's a lake right next to the hotel with a path all the way around it which is a nice run. The sunset over the lake is well worth a view. Collect a drink from the beach bar and it's a 2 minute walk to the lake.

The bus to Ibiza Town stops at the end of the hotel drive and it's only around 20 minutes to Ibiza Town and 3 Euros each, there's also the bus to other parts of the island in the resort centre.

The only negative is the airport noise as planes regularly fly over the hotel but that's the drawback of only being 10 minutes away. Personally I didn't mind the noise and it's hardly noticeable in your room due to heavy double glazed doors. In fact the sleep quality is fantastic due to the air conditioning, double glazing and black out curtains.

The all inclusive drinks are good, you get local drinks included with some international drinks being extra although the staff serve you the branded international drinks at random intervals for free!

There's a soft drinks mini bar in the room which is topped up daily and if you're going out for the day the hotel will make you a packed lunch.

The only negative is the free wifi is pretty poor most of the time but it's free so you can't really moan at that.

What more could you want?

Brilliant.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
6 Thank Bobby C
PalladiumHG, General Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Bobby!

The Grand Palladium Palace Team would like to thank you very much for commenting on our hotel. It is great to hear that you are satisfied with our rooms and the professional and friendly service provided by our staff. For us it is important to know our guests' expectations in order to improve our service even more. Therefore we thank you for your observations. We always try to control the situation of the sun beds on the pool, we are sorry if you had to experience any inconvenience. We also thank you for the positive feedback on our themed restaurants, there our staff provides an unforgettable holiday experience with relaxing atmosphere and delicious cuisine. Our hotel stands out also for its first-class location at the end of Platja d'en Bossa, where you have a more quiet ambience away from the still easy to reach party scene. We hope to see you soon again at the Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We have just returned from a week's holiday at this hotel (myself 39, husband, 45 and 3 year old son) and we have had an absolutely fantastic holiday.

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel, the first being when my son was only 1 and we had a holiday from hell due to my son being ill, teething, had just started walking - and we tried to get a flight home early.

We decided to go back to this hotel as we agreed our son was TOO YOUNG - when I look at photos from then, he only had 2 teeth! what were we thinking!

Ok, so this time, I can honestly say it was the best holiday we have had as a family - and we have just returned 4 weeks ago from 5* Lopesan Baobab in Gran Canaria - and we enjoed Palladium Palance a zillion times more!

We had a ground floor room which was right onto the children's pool (not the baby pool) - which is what we had asked for. The rooms are nice - (ok nothing compared to Lopesan - but are not tired looking and are cleaned every day early) The room had a mini bar in it, hairdryer (which I am very fussy about my hairdryer and like my own powerful one - but I used theirs every night!). There is a shower separate from the bath which was big enough for me and my little boy to get in and it was a jacuzzi bath.

The food was absolutely brilliant. My son is a very fussy eater and there was ALWAYS something he would eat - normally pizza or sausages - but hey! he ate them! Great choice for everyone. Drinks all inclusive and this included Johnny Walker Whisky (my husband drinks) and I was drinking their cava - and there was plenty of free ice cream for my sun and best of all slush puppy machines!! :)

There is a restaurant at the back of the hotel, which is just off the beach and we used that at lunchtimes which was usually bbq stuff, paela, pizza, fries, salad stuff - the usual.

There is also another 2 separate restaurants outside the main building (but still part of the hotel) which are TexMex and Italian - and these are lovely. You dont have to book - just turn up. We had fajitas one night and the other night I had the Rasta Pasta in the Italian - a MUST - it was deeeelish!

The best bit was the entertainment for the kids. There is kids entertainment every day from 10am - 6pm - my son loved it. Made a kite, beaded braceletts, sandcastles on the beach and also for the Flower Power night he made a Peace medalion and flowery headband. There is a minidisco every night at 8.30pm and this was the highlight of the day for my son.

The entertainment staff are fabulous! Honestly, they made the holiday! They are fluent in all languages and absolutely include every child. There is a completely separate Club House outside the hotel (near the Tex Mex) and this has its own mini water park with water fountains, slides - and you can relax on the sun loungers outside. Inside the Club House there is a huge arts and crafts room, an outdoor play area and also for the older kids 2 rooms with set up Xboxes, play stations etc - something for everyone. One of the nights they had a "pj party" at 10pm. You could leave your kids if they wanted, if they were old enough - I didnt as my boy is only 3 but he absolutely loved it. We went in his pjs and all the little kids were lounging on these zillions of big bean bags, chillin eating pop corn and eatin crisps and drinking juice and watching Frozen (in English) - my son had an absolutely fantastic night. We didnt stay to the end as he was shattered by 10.30pm.

Another night they had a Flower Power party and the back restaurant was completey done up Flower Power style with a big painted camper van outside, photos being taken - it was actually the best night.

Usually after a week's holiday, I am ready to come home. I absolutely could have done another week (and probably woudl have gained a stone in weight!).

There is a lovely beach right immediately outside the back of the hotel - by the little baby pool through the gates. People are moaning about having to pay for the sunloungers on the beach - well those sun loungers do not belong to the hotel so obviously you would have to pay!!! doh!!! If you dont want to pay, dont sit on them! Sit on the beach towels provided by the hotel. Simple

The only 3 grump things I would say about this hotel - and lots of people have mentioned this - is there outside of the children's pool is very slippy with all the suntan lotion from bodies being washed up. My son slipped and smacked his head (but he was ok, luckily) and also I watched about 5 other children slip - but once they are aware that it is slippy, the are more careful.

2. The second gripe is that the shop sells lilos and children's pool inflatable toys - and you arent even allowed to use them in the pools - so why sell them. There should be a big sign up warning you before you buy them that they are for beach use and not for the hotel pools use - a bit cheeky I think.

3. This really got my back up - the private restaurants (Tex Mex and Italian) has a big sign up saying "men, no flip flops" - ok, so we all turned up on a night which was abit cloudy and had started spitting with rain for about 5 seconds . . . . and my husband had lovely new white Birkenstocks on - clealry not flip flops! We were not allowed in. I argued that they were not flip flops and was told that they do not allow "open toe shoes for men" - well that's not what the sign says and also why let women in with flip flops AND open toed shoes, but not men? Discrimination! If they are going to impose a proper dress code for these restaurants, do so, but not just stupid no open toed shoes for men! Discrimination!!!! I argued that since they had closed the outside area (because of the weather) - 5 seconds of spitting rain - we did not actually have the option to dine outside, therefore we should be allowed inside. We also pointed out men in scruffy trainers being allowed in. The guy actually said to my husband (do you have any socks you can put on to cover your toes?) WHAT??? We are in Ibiza in the middle of July - WHO WEARS SOCKS?? Eventually, after me arguing with the manager of the restaurant, he gave in and let us sit inside the restaurant sitting us in the far corner so no one could see my husband's toes!!!

But on the plus side, the food and drink were lovely - so be warned - Take SOCKS to cover your toes !! ha ha

We loved it so much this time, we have booked again for next year. Block 40-01,02,03,04 etc are the ground floors with access straight to the children's pool and pool area.

Oh, one more thing - you actually dont need to go out of the hotel as its massive and so much going on. About 10 minutes along the road is the nightlife of Ibiza - Yushaua hotel and Hard Rock Hotel, Space etc etc . . . . but be warned, the streets are absolutely filthy as you would expect from a busy clubbin resort - so we just took the little train that runs from 10am - 10pm which goes through Play en Bossa and back (about 20 mins in total) and saw during the day what we were missing - nothing then at night we took the train about 9.30pm and saw it starting to get busy with clubbers. But you absolutely do not need to leave the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms for children's pool are block 4000 so 4001 is block 4 ground floor room 1, - so I think ro...
      Cleanliness
6 Thank mclaren_debbie
PalladiumHG, General Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Mrs. McLaren,

Thank you very much for such a positive comment and for staying again at our Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa. We are pleased to hear that tis time you completely enjoyed your stay with us and had a lovely holiday time. Concerning the dress code at the restaurants it is not allowed to wear open shoes, as the restaurants offer a more elegant and different ambience. Thank you very much for your understanding.
It’s nice to know you liked our wide variety of food, the professionalism of our cleaning service, the pools and its surroundings, the entertainment program… and all services we offer!
We are happy that you came back to our resort and we hope to see you again in the near future.
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

I had visited this hotel over 2/3 years ago with a group of girls an the standard was very good. I therefore was excited to see it had upgraded to a five star with a spa! An very keen to book in as a couple.
However, throughout our visit i became incredibly disappointed an felt the hotel was of a very low four star standard.
The hotel before when I first visited had great themed nights in the buffet area, they dressed the buffet area with butter carved into birds, fruit carved into flowers an all sorts. However, now it is nothing but the same food every day, rude staff that seemed to only be focused on laying more tables even tho the restaurant was very rarely full, no decoration, an a very slim choice of drinks unless you wanted to pay more (which seemed to be a common theme throughout the hotel. Basically where the hotel could make more money, they would try thr hardest too, even tho you pay a five star price)
The room was ok but very dusty, if you wanted to have a lie-in an even have the "do not disturb" hanger on the door, the cleaners constantly knocked at the door when you went to open the door they would be walking away back down the corridor, the mini fridge never got refilled at all. The bathroom wasn't very clean, an the spa bath/shower was disgusting in our room! as soon as you turned it on, all bits came out of the jets an the silver plastic rings around them came off. Not a pleasant bath experience.
The spa an spa circuit was good, many people moaned about paying to use it but it was only 20 euros each for 90 minutes an due to the cost it was always very quiet. however again cleanliness let it down as ants an bugs were. in the indoor hot tub station which was a shame.
The Mediterranean restaurant was good, however we were incredibly let down by the Mexican restaurant as I ordered chicken enchiladas an it tasted like a cheap Italian cannelloni microwave meal rather than Mexican food an the same happened with the chicken fajitas with my partner no spice just stir fried chicken with peppers an no flavour.
The main bar was good more staff spoke English, an more drinks were on offer.
The main pool had aqua aerobics and a few other activities which were good. A lot of beds were around the pool but they get reserved with towels quickly in the morning. Again the pool area wasn't very clean an the pool was dirty with plasters and all sorts of bugs floating in it even tho the pool guy had just cleaned it! Empty plastic cups are left everywhere as no waiter staff to serve drinks around the pool, as it's just a pool bar service.
Overall the hotel is not of a five star quality it struggles to make a four star status due to the lack of cleanliness, lack of variety of food an lack of five or even four star treatment.

Stayed July 2014
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
PalladiumHG, Director General at Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear client!

Thank you very much for your comment. We appreciate that you are taking your time to share your experience at our Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa with us. We would like to inform you that we still have our themed nights and also have new and modified menus. Furthermore the choice of drinks is the same as before and in addition we offer a special beverage menu. Please be assured that we take your comments seriously and that we will forward your feedback to the department heads. For us it is very important to learn about our guests' experience in order to upgrade our service. Due to the nature reserve where our hotel is situated we are working under the standards of environmental care, which explains the bug situation around the area. We are trying to control the incidence of sun beds and have already announced that it is not allowed to reserve them. Despite all, we would be delighted to see you again at our hotel in the near future.
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

must do! very nice, very clean,
staff so kind
all inclusive
kids love it... ice cream all the day, drinks, good food
big rooms some with jacuzzi inside
many pools
activities, friends, sun, sun, sun,
VERY NICE TURQUOISE BEACH

Rooms
2 Thank 177DOR_EL
PalladiumHG, Director General at Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear client!

We are happy to read your lovely review on our hotel. Thank you very much for the positive words about our staff, the luxurious rooms and delicious food. Our animation team is always happy to offer you some activities between your relaxing time. We hope to see you soon again at the Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Am I seriously staying at the same hotel as these other reviewers?!?
This is a very basic 4 star. Very bleak decor. Not enough sunbeds, all got towels on by 10am. If you want a bed on the beach you have to pay. Really not fair that you can't lay by your own pool.

Room basic, matress rock solid. Asked for room with softer matress, got given a blanket on top of matress instead which made no difference.

Breakfast buffet a messy eating frenzy, no clean tables, food spilt and not cleaned up, coffee terrible.

The Italian and Mexican restaurant food is very good, but again restaurants are soulless and service painfully slow.

Need music round pool in evening or bar. Good hotel if you like quiet I guess. Really no atmosphere. They could so easily improve this place it's sad :((

This is a expensive hotel and I would recommend spending your money elsewhere.

Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Zippythailand1
PalladiumHG, General Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear client!

Thank you very much for your comments. We are sorry to hear that your stay was not as pleasant as expected. Please be assured that we take your comments seriously and that we will talk to the correspondent department heads, so that all of our clients have a great holiday here with us. We would like to inform you that we have music entertainment every day at the terrace outside the lobby bar were you can have a drink and enjoy your evening. Nevertheless, we thank you very much for sharing your opinion with us, as with your help we can always improve our service.

Kind regards!
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,989 reviews
Santos Ibiza Coast Suites
Santos Ibiza Coast Suites
#12 of 35 in Playa d'en Bossa

Been to Grand Palladium Palace Ibiza Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!