“A friendly place for a woman traveling solo”

Hotel Real Camino Lenca
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Gracias
Friday Harbor
“A friendly place for a woman traveling solo”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I had found all of my hotels through trip advisor recommendations and I was thrilled with Hotel Real Camino Lenca in Gracias A Dios!

With all of the USA Govt' warnings about traveling in Honduras, and, after a 14 hour plane ride from Seattle Wa, with 2 stop overs, I decided that I needed a direct route to my first hotel. So, I hired Miguel Raymundo (andresik04@hotmail.com) to pick me up at the airport and deliver me to Gracias A Dios as it was a 4 1/2 hour ride.

I highly recommend Miguel's services. He was reassuring when I emailed him about meeting me at the airport, which he was, plus the ride to the hotel was fun and informative. Miguel was very kind and patient with all my questions and provided all sorts of information that gave me with a much richer experience

When he dropped me off at the hotel I felt a little lost. Miguel spoke beautiful English and the people I encountered at the hotel spoke about as much English as I did Spanish. The "lost" feeling quickly disappeared as Ubence showed me to my lovely room on the 2nd floor of this charming hotel. My room had a very comfortable bed and a lovely large bathroom. Outside my room was an indoor courtyard/lobby area that lent air to the colonial era which pervades this town. The hotel is centrally located so I had no problem walking around that evening exploring my new surroundings in which I felt extremely safe.

Ubence, who checked me in at the hotel, was also a tour guide and most accommodating in showing me the highlights of his home town. We walked to the fort and churches the next morning as he explained the history of each place. The views from the fort of Gracias A Dios were beautiful.

Afterwards, I had some time to rest and than he took me to the local hot springs. I swam around in the various pools as he watched over my stuff and he took a few photos of me with my camera as I floated about. After my 1-1/2 hour swim, Ubence had a tac-tac (3 wheeled motorcar) waiting to pick us up at the entrance of the hot springs.

This was an experience that I had read about and now it became an easy reality. I'm sure that if the Hotel Real Camino Lenca didn't have Ubence as an employee and available to be my guide, I would have missed many of the exceptional experiences that became a big part of my trip!

Room Tip: Rooms on the 2nd floor a little distance from the front of the hotel were very quiet at night.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank MaritaJohnsIsland

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Its a lovely, cozy, warm and comfortable hotel. It's super well equipped and the food is totally yummygreat cappuccino! Recommend it and you totally get a whole more for its price! If u want to stay @ Gracias stay at this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Karen G
Reviewed 28 June 2013

We stayed in Gracias for two nights on our journey from Tegucigalpa to Copan Ruins. It is a beautiful little village. Hotel Real Camino is perfectly located in the middle of the village. The hotel has a wonderful entrance hall and a good restaurant that serves delicious food. The rooms are lovely, spacious with comfortable beds, a good hot shower and very clean. All the staff are very friendly and welcoming. I would highly recommend staying here if you visit Gracias.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank AndreaBremner
Valle de Bravo, Mexico
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Very helpful, a new hotel, built with architectural lines of 1830. The lights in the area went out. They offered us brownies to make us feel better. VERY comfortable beds. Quiet. Free parking around the corner, same owner. Nice stay.

Room Tip: Was a pleasant stay, and we´d do it again, at the drop of the hat.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rovenstinez
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We really loved our time in Gracias . It is a great town and would even be a great place to retire to.Lots of great old buildings in the process of being restored. Camino Lenca is located near the central park. However, Gracias is a very walkable, friendly town and it is not necessay to be so close to downtown. Because of the location, the street noise got fairly loud pretty early in the morning. The place is very clean and comes with a good breakfast. You get a voucher ticket for the breakfast when you check in that you present after you have eaten. It took us a while to figure this out. No one speaks any English and although they offer a tourist agency, we could not communicate well enough with them for that to be any help at all. They had a hard time coming up with even a map of the town. No info was left in the rooms. There is a night club on the 3rd floor with good views of the town, but it was not in operation while we were there. There were two couples of French tourists and about 8 Honduran business men staying there while we were there. Wifi was not working, but I think that it is normally available. The room had a nice reading lamp provided in between the beds, which is rare in Honduras. However, there was not an outlet to plug it into and we pretty much ransacked the room looking for one. After a couple nights we moved to Guancascos and were much happier there. We got a great haicut around the corner for a buck and a half. Things are definately cheaper here than in the big tourist areas. Rooms and food run about half the prices that they are in Roatan. This would be a great place to stay if on business rather than vacationing.

Room Tip: I think that the rooms on the second floor were quieter. That is where all the business travelers we...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank darwin31
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 2 March 2013

The hotel was very well organized, clean and in a nice and central location.
Comfortable cosy beds and a nice well prepped bathroom,
the room had all the technical necessities, i.e. wifi, TV, hair drier, etc.
The management and staff were lovely, offering us a glass of wine upon our arrival and attended to all our questions and needs with enthusiasm, making our stay very enjoyable and easy.
The owner was also a great DJ playing some nice and mellow music throughout the day, making the whole ambiance in the hotel very relaxing and fun.
The rooftop lounge was super nice too - perfect for an evening chillout,
before dinner at the restaurant which in turn was delicious and very affordable.
Overall our stay was great and we would definitely recommend Hotel Real Camino Lenca,
for anyone who wishes to stay in Gracia.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ino K
San Jose, California
Reviewed 24 February 2013

The hotel is impeccably clean. The bed is the most comfortable we have experienced in a long time. The Wifi repeater provides strong signal in the rooms. Although there is no parking in the hotel, parking is available in the sister hotel, half a block away. The staff is friendly. In addition, Pedro the hotel owner is knowledgeable and very helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Isaac O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gracias
Posada de Don Juan
#2 of 12 in Gracias
Jardin Cafe Hostel
Jardin Cafe Hostel
#1 of 5 in Gracias

Been to Hotel Real Camino Lenca? Share your experiences!