“unusual hospitality”
Review of Mykonos Kosmoplaz

Mykonos Kosmoplaz
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in Platys Gialos
Reviewed 16 July 2013

we really enjoy the atmosphere: the very kind staff (especially demitri).
great view from the room (to the sea)
very very close to the sea
great restaurant
the breakfast war poor

all in all: higly recommended

Room Tip: view to the see
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
kosmoplaz, Front Office Manager at Mykonos Kosmoplaz, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Also, for your great review.
We are looking forward to accommodate you again.

There are newer reviews for Mykonos Kosmoplaz

Reviewed 15 July 2013

The structure is not new but very clean and well positioned.
Mr Dimitri is a very kind and gentle person, it's just like to have a daddy who is at your total disposal for everything. He can really help you and he will take care about you for all your staying.
The sea side room was very close to the sea, just above the beach.
The breakfast is good enough and taking it on the beach is very relaxing.

Room Tip: If you can, chose the sea view room, there is no doubt about.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Also, for your great review.
We are looking forward to accommodate you again soon.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

Nine of us (My family from India, our friends from Greece & Italy) stayed at Kosmoplaz for 4 nights. It was our first trip to Greece & we were looking forward to a great holiday & we did have a marvelous holiday thanks to the owners & staff of this family run hotel. The first night dinner at the restaurant was super-duper. Dancing with great Greek folk music by staff & guests including my own friends from Greece & my family & I was fun. The staff motivates guests to dance. The service, ambiance & the yummy food was great. The beach is stunning & seems private, though the water is cold throughout the year. I believe Kosmoplaz has one of the best beaches in Mykonos. The rooms are great too except the shower area is pretty small. We enjoyed the breakfast & all the meals that we had during this stay. The family of five who are the owners personally attend to all the guests. The manager who is working in Kosmoplaz for over 20 years is one of the best & a gentle human being that I have ever met. I believe Kosmoplaz is the most suitable place for us Indians as one of the owner has many friends from India & he is aware of the Indian culture. I was told that they also can serve a variety of Indian dishes on advance order but we did not try these as we believe we should only experience the Greek cuisine that is yummy at Kosmoplaz. There is a small super market 50 meters away with the entrance from the beach side & we used to buy all our nik naks here. I have fallen in love with Mykonos because of our great stay at Kosmoplaz.

Room Tip: Request for the rooms facing the beach.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Also, for your great review.
We are looking forward to accommodate you soon again.

Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

The guy in the door offered us everything to get in from free beer wine etc .. I show the tripadvisor sticker and I said it should be good :( unfortunatelly it is a trick to get u in .. Their restaurant it is num 202 out 202 in mykonos !!! So yes no 1 !!! I wrote the comment at their hotel because their restaurant viva something doesn't exist in that area (another trick) small portions not fresh food my moussaka was still cold inside and expensive !!!!! Slow service !!! Good looking though ...

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Frediras
kosmoplaz, General Manager at Mykonos Kosmoplaz, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2013

First of all, i would like to say that the Hotel Kosmoplaz and Viva Mare Restaurant are completely different business. Each of them have different management. Secondly, Viva Mare Restaurant has its own trip advisor page to complain but obviously you could not find it with result you complained at hotel's page. So unresponcibly you drop the repuation of the Hotel. The sticker is provided by the managemtn of trip advisor in evey different business and we did not design it on purpose. The best thing you could for this review is to deleted it from this our hotel page and upload it at Viva Mare page. Please make sure next time you make the review on the right page.

Kind Regards

Hotel Kosmoplaz.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

My wife and I stayed here for a week 30 May to 7 June 2013. This was a great place to stay!! We received a very warm welcome from Dimitris on the reception and this just set the standard for the rest of the staff who were always so very helpful. The hotel is spotlessly clean, even the toilet areas used by bathers from the beach, sometimes these areas can get a bit mucky quickly but not here - spotless.

The food in the restaurant is delicious and I would certainly recommend sticking with the Greek dishes. The waiters put on a Greek dancing show every night. There is waiter service on the beach which is excellent. Cold drinks are served in a bucket with ice, keeping your drink nice and cold for longer.

Location, location, location - this hotel is situated right in the middle of the lovely Platis Gialos beach and right on the beach, literally. There is a nice swimming pool at the rear of the hotel but I can't see it being used much as the sea is so clear, delightful and inviting..

There are plenty of restaurants and bars here, however if you want to go into town, Mykonos Town is a 15 minute bus ride away for 1.6 euros and if you miss the last bus home, it's 7 or 8 euros in a taxi. The town is a must with all the little quaint streets and more excellent eateries.
This hotel is a family run business and they certainly aim to please their customers. This place still has the feel of traditional Greek hospitality. I would certainly go back and will go back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sergeantino

I would like to thank you for your review.

I am looking forward to accomadate you again. :)

All the best

Hotel Kosmoplaz Management.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

Location – on the beach- is very nice.

Nonetheless, food is very bad and management is very rude not to say aggressive. They attract you by promising discounts which they do not do at the end. They charge you twice meals or items you never ordered. Then, when you politely indicate there must be a “mistake’ on the bill, the restaurant manager starts shouting at you and being physically threatening. A real shame… makes the whole experience very not enjoyable.

Never again!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Audrey3803
kosmoplaz, General Manager at Mykonos Kosmoplaz, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2013

usally in cases like tha food is not good , you can return the food back in the kitchen ....something that have never happened before , not only for the 2013 but as well for the years before.

To have a discount you have to have the minimum of consumption apparently you did not had it and you requested it aggresively.

in case of a "double charge " as you said , you should have and a double order accepted on your table , as all the orders are made through electronically system , and in case of mistake , we are responsible persons to recover the mistake. in your case it seems the mistake it was your aggersive way to demand the discount , which you never had it , because of non minimum cosumption .

Reviewed 20 May 2012

Although I did not stay at this hotel, I give 5 stars for the friendly and attentive staff and Greek dancing at the restaurant. We were at Platis Gialos for 10 nights, and 8 of these nights were spent at the restaurant, dancing. ALL staff were wonderful, and we made many friends! I would not want to name anyone in particular, for fear I may forget someone!! Front desk, waiters, pool guys, owner & his mama, everyone was so friendly and personable. I will return, even if it's just to see my friends again. I was sad to leave, but left a much more enlightened person after getting to know my Greek friends!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Skattebol
kosmoplaz, General Manager at Mykonos Kosmoplaz, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Happy New Year,

Also, for your great review.
We are looking forward to see you again soon.