“Fantastic, Beautiful property with great staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Artemoulas Studios

Artemoulas Studios
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Fantastic, Beautiful property with great staff!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed here in July of 2014 with my 23 week pregnant wife as a baby moon. We didm't plan it as such, since she was not pregnant when we did the booking. Right from the pickup at the airport by George (sp), we were made to feel right at home, and welcome. Me and my wife travel a lot, and I can honestly say that I have never felt more welcome and taken care of than at this hotel, and I am a weekly business traveler as well - I almost live in hotels. After the informative, funny, and easy check in, we were given a choice of two rooms, and shown both. Once we selected our room, our bags were taken inside up the stairs. Everyone here is super nice!

The rooms are clean, and cleaned regularly and the property is well maintained and painted. The pool area is beautiful and clean, and there is a well attended bar near the pool which serves drinks and breakfast for a fee. There is also a relaxing lounge area, with beautiful views.

It is a close 5 minute walk to platys gialos, and a short bus ride to the city, where you can enjoy the shopping and fantastic views.

In short, when I come back to Mykonos, which me and my wife love, I will stay here again. We love this place.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jorge102

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Greek first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

This was our first time we decided to travel on a budget. Artemoula's studios offer great value for money. For approximately 100 euros per apartment per night you get a nice studio with a mini kitchen, free wifi (sometimes is slow) and an internet center with computers.
The staff is very welcoming and not over friendly, which is good for guests' privacy. Vanessa at the pool bar is very charming and hard working. Artemoula (owner) goes the extra mile. She gave us medication we forgot home for upset stomach.
Free transfer is also included from/to airport and port.
There is also a gym but I decided not to use it on holidays so I can't say much.
Attention to details is part of my job, so I notice shortfalls easily and I hope this will be helpful for Artemoula to improve:
1) cleanliness is not at the highest standards. I found too many times long black hair in my room. The balcony/terrace is not properly clean daily.
2) stowing pans near the bin in the mini-kitchen is un-hygienic. Please find another location.
3) check out is at 12.00 in the contract I have from their website and also according to the Confederation of Greek Enterprises for rented villas and apartments. When you arrive however you will be told you will need to leave your room by 11.30 so you have to negotiate to keep it until 12.00.
4) bathroom in the apartments are too old and poorly furnished.
Resuming I must say Artemoula is really your first choice if you are looking for value for money, friendly staff and nice location close to the beach. But don't expect amenities as hotels and attention to detail. I am sure that, working on those areas, it could really be N. 1 in Platis Yalos.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We were originally meant to stay at artemoulas' sister hotel in Mykonos town but moved to artemoulas and it was awesome! We were picked up at the port and when we got to the hotel we were greeted by Paula who is one of the best receptionists. She was so welcoming and friendly, full of great suggestions and very willing to help. The hotel grounds are really beautiful and we were very happy to hang out there at different points of our trip. The room was big but the bathroom was a little small...doesn't really matter as you spend most of your time by the pool or exploring Mykonos. There is a little kitchenette which is stocked w plates and cutlery. This is super handy as there is a supermarket at the top of the hill and we were able to buy a bit of food to
Make out own lunch one day. Each room also has a little outdoor area which is really nice. On our first night Paula recommended a restaurant at the top of the road next to the supermarket...it was SUCH good food. We had the best shrimp moussaka and a delicious desert. Really recommend eating here (Paula will know the name of the restaurant anyway...it's seafood). The beach is also a 5min walk away and it's beautiful and very buzzing. Originally we had wanted to stay in Mykonos town as we though we'd prefer travelling to the beaches during the day rather than travelling at night. As it was travelling into town at night from artemoulas was so easy and relaxing by the beach during the day was so much better. Highly recommended.

Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

Artemoulas was just amazing. Only had the chance to stay for one night unfortunately. My sister and I thoroughly enjoyed our evening sipping wine and daiquiris made with strawberries that were cut right in front of me! The grocery is just a short walk as well as a bus stop and fantastic beaches. The pool and internet room were just awesome amenities. My only regret is not being able to stay much much longer!!

• Stayed June 2014
Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We just stayed 7 nights here and loved it. The outdoor areas are absolutely immaculate and look as beautiful as every picture if anything better. It is a 5 minute walk to the top of the hill which is quiet steep to catch a bus into Mykonos town which takes 10 minutes to the town. The top of that hill also has a fully stocked supermarket for all your needs. The buses came every half hour and I think more on the weekend. After spending our time at a few different beaches including Psarou we found the Platys Gialos beach that is about 5 minute walk also but downhill to be the best out the front of Bonasta Restaurant. The beach was a bit wider and quieter up that end with beautiful rocks at the end and perfectly comfy white lounges and amazing food. There is also a kids outdoor play centre which cost €5 for the day, we stopped most evenings for my 3 year old to play. All of the staff at Artemoulas were very friendly, Paula and Vanessa at the bar especially. The outdoor areas look brand new, there is an internet room, the bar is always attended, and lots of lounging areas away from the pool area. You could spend days just relaxing around the accommodation. The rooms weren't to the same standard as the outside though. The shower head faces the wall and has to be held to shower and the shower curtain let's water run over the floor. The beds were very hard and a bit lumpy. The timber shutters closed enough to make the room dark but need some attention. We shared a corridor with about 4 other rooms and were woken a bit after 12pm with people coming home late making a lot of noise in their rooms. We had a lovely outdoor sitting area though and the room is a good size. Even with the few room issues the price is suited to what you get and you get to enjoy the beautiful outdoor areas, if the rooms were to the same standard the cost would be higher to suit. I would definitely come and stay again, it is the perfect spot in Mykonos, I wouldn't want to stay in town, Platys Gialos and Artemoulas are fantastic.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MischaVictoria
LaPlace, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Absolutely loved this place! We stayed in 3 countries and 11 different cities on our trip, and this was by far the best accommodation we stayed at. The staff and owners were lovely and always helpful; they really go out of their way to make sure that you're comfortable there. The pool was great, the room was great... all for very affordable! I couldn't rave about this place enough. I'll definitely be staying there again if I'm ever lucky enough to visit Mykonos again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

I have no words to describe the hospitality of the people working in this hotel. Many thanks to Paula and her husband Boby wich treat us like no other!:** The hotel has a great location not far from the city,there's a bus station close to it. The rooms are spacious enough, very clean( the girls are doing a great job!!). There's a swimming pool with a great view if u plan to spend time after a crazy day or night around beaches of Mykonos. For sure we will go back there!!! Paula faci o treabă minunată!!! Îmbrățișări de la Ionela,Loredana și Ionela2

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends