My husband and I stayed at this hotel at the beginning of October for 3 nights during our honeymoon, and both of us were very happy here.
THE STAFF: We were always treated warmly and professionally by the staff, who patiently answered all of our questions.
LOCATION: As others have said before, the hotel is just a 2-3 minute walk to the beach, and a 3-4 minute walk to the bus stop into Mykonos town (which runs every 1/2 hour, and costs 1.40 Euro, I think). Platis Gialos beach itself is very crowded with lots of beach umbrellas and a strip of tavernas right along the beach, but since it was the off-season, we didn't find the beach crowded at all. Although this was advertised as a "family-friendly" beach, we did see one woman sunning herself topless. Not a big deal for us, but just an FYI for those with children.
ROOMS: Upon arrival, we were upgraded to a superior suite with our own pool, which was a pleasant surprise! The room itself was quite large, even for American standards. It had a seperate seating area, and our patio was complete with two sun loungers and a fabric canopy for shade from the sun, when necessary. The bathroom was surprisingly basic, but clean and roomy, and offered a HUGE assortment of different soaps, lotions, shampoos, conditioners, etc.
RESTAURANTS: We ate at the hotel restaurant our first night there since we checked in rather late and did not feel like finding our way around in the dark. The hotel restaurant food was very good, but we found it to be a bit overpriced for what we got (1 salad, 1 soup, 1 risotto, 1 glass of wine & 1 glass of water for 90 Euro!). Most of our other meals were eaten at the little tavernas on the beach in Platis Gialos, which we found reasonably priced and very good. We especially liked Nikos Gallop, and ate there several times.
Overall, this hotel was a very good choice for a nice, relaxing getaway. I would definately stay here again if traveling to Mykonos.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Myconian Ambassador Hotel Relais & Chateaux is perfectly located near Mykonos Town and near the most famous beaches on Mykonos, Platis Yialos, Psarou, Paranga, Paradise and Agia Anna. The Myconian Ambassador offers spacious and exclusively designed Mykonos accommodation with superb views of the beach and Aegean Sea. Relax in your private pool or Jacuzzi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Myconian Ambassador Relais & Chateaux Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Myconian Ambassador Hotel & Thalasso Platys Gialos
- Myconian Ambassador Hotel And Thalasso Spa Center
- Myconian Ambassador Hotel Thalasso Center
- Myconian Ambassador Relais & Chateaux Hotel Mykonos, Greece