“STAR TREAMENT IN A BEAUTIFUL AND INCREDIBLY RELAXING SETTING”

Myconian Ambassador Relais & Chateaux Hotel
Ranked #4 of 26 Hotels in Platys Gialos
Reviewed 30 June 2010

My husband and i just got back from a 3 day stay at this hotel during our honeymoon, and i have to say, that of all the luxury hotels we stayed at on our trip, it was the one with the best atmosphere, decoration, location, and staff. The staff went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. We were picked up from the ferry, given a thorough tour of the facilities, and assistance with tour bookings and general info about the island. The reception staff where really on it...just one example, the evening before we were leaving they called to see how we were getting to the airport. I thought we could just get a taxi the next morning, but they arranged for their private bus to drop us off as well. The pool staff was also incredible, bringing you iced tea, cold scented towells, and fresh fruit. I thought the hotel was worth the money, though I think the pool restaurant was a bit over priced, but what isn´t in Mykonos?

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,549)

Reviewed 29 June 2010

My wife and 8 yr old son just returned from a 2 week stay in Greece, 5 nights of which we were at the Ambassador. From our arrival at the port of Mykonos, our visit was handled perfectly, and during our stay we consistently enjoyed the company of the exceptionally friendly staff at the Ambassador. When I first arrived, I was a little disappointed by the small size of our room (1 queen bed, 1 single for my son), but we quickly got used to the somewhat small space (compared with North American standards) and in the end it wasn't an issue at all. The quality of the bedding and quiet air conditioner guaranteed a terrific sleep! I was impressed by the high standards of the finishings throughout the hotel, the outstanding view from our deck, fabulous breakfast and friendly staff make this one of the best hotels we have visited.

We had dinner at the restaurant twice - and the food was delicious, but quite expensive (in fact I found we spent between 80 and 180 euro per day on food during our stay, excluding breakfast!).

Regarding wifi access - you are granted 15 minutes free per day, and you can purchase additional time from the front desk. I never needed more than 15 mins though - I simply wrote my emails and sent my photos offline, then connected once a day and sent them all at once. The wifi speed was quite fast, too!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 June 2010

I stayed with my friends for 4 nights in Myconos and we had an absolutely fabulous time. We really enjoyed our stay at this wonderful Hotel.All the staff and management were extremely friendly,and try to ensure we have a wonderful stay (will help with reservations, suggestions, directions, transportation answers and more).
Splendid rooms with a large balcony, jacuzzi and million dollar views the best hotelbed I have ever and had.
The food in the restaurant was superb. Breakfast offered a lot of good options and was above-average (offered various pastries, fresh juice, fruit, tart, etc.).. We also ate in the restaurant on a couple of occasions in the evening and the food to was the best we had on the trip.
I can recommend it and will be delighted to go back to this lovely Island as soon as I possibly can.

Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2010

We were welcomed at the front desk with complimentary juice drink and towelette - what a way to freshen up and relax after the flight in! Our room included a complimentary bottle of wine, bathrobes and slippers, and an extraordinary view - just gorgeous! Nice size to room, with an added touch of a cheval mirror.
All of the staff were extremely helpful and friendly; our bartender(s) recommended some very tasty new drinks, and the restaurant selection was excellent. Continental breakfast provided was a wonderful array of everything from eggs/sausage to fresh fruits, jams, yogurt and breads. The waiters were always there to provide you with anything that might be missing.
A trip into Mykonos Town involved a short bus trip, which was easy to catch from this location. There was also a beach within walking distance.
Did not have an opportunity to visit the spa, but it was a nice amenity which I would have liked to try.
Beautiful and tasteful decor throughout the hotel - I would not hesitate to return again. It was a wonderful experience!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2010

I stayed in Myconian Ambassador last week. Both the charm of Mykonos and the quality of the hotel made my vacations an unforgettable experience. Mykonos is an island with a lot to offer. Beautiful beaches and landscapes, nice food, vibrant nightlife and the possibility to do one day trips to neighboring islands. I love the hotel. The hospitality of the staff, the hotel installations, and the quality of the food were outstanding. And you feel a great attention to details in your room and in the common areas, I can’t complain about anything… just that vacations were over too fast!.. Just one more recommendation, try to book the room with outdoor Jacuzzi with view to the sea if you want to relax!...

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2010

My husband and I had a great time at the Ambassador. The style of the hotel is very beautiful. It never feels crowded and has a very calm peaceful atmosphere. We absolutely loved the pool and pool terrace.

Our room had a large terrace with our own private jacuzzi. This was great until the heat wave. Then the main pool was a huge relief from the heat. The views from the pool are extremely beautiful. Breakfast has a good selection and nice view.

What really stood out though was the management and service. They really made sure everything was perfect for all the guests and made everyone feel important and like family.

Great hotel!!!

Reviewed 20 June 2010

My wife and I were scheduled to be on Mykonos for my birthday and reserved one of the rooms with an outdoor jacuzzi - the room and facilities were great, but the manager and staff were truly tremendous! We were there for only two evenings, but departed wishing we had stayed much longer.

The hotel is located just a one-minute walk from one of the nicest beaches on the island (Platis Yiorgis). It's equipped with spa facilities, a pool and restaurant (NOTE: there may be other facilities on site, but we were not there long enough to do much exploring).

Our room was a very good size, with a large patio, an extremely nice bathroom and lots of closet space. The a/c units were very effective and kept the rooms very comfortable in spite of sultry temperatures outside. The wifi wasn't free, but the price was reasonable. The full breakfasts were exceptional!

It appears that one of the front desk staff noted my birthday during check-in (we had to complete a form during check-in, including passport info and birthday). At breakfast on the morning of my birthday, one of the front office staffers (Konstantinos) and the entire restaurant staff sang 'happy birthday' and presented me with a complementary bottle of champagne and a large piece of chocolate cake (buried under a big mound of whipped cream and cherries).

The restaurant staff was extraordinarily attentive during our one dinner at their in-house restaurant. No detail was overlooked. Someone was there to pour sparkling water each time I reached for the bottle. It felt like our staffer, Aris, was our personal waiter.

We had a significant difficulty at the hotel due to the carelessness of one staff member, but the manager and staff was very responsive and actually helped to reverse the effects created by the offending staff person. It was a very difficult situation that the staff at The Ambassador managed magnificently.

On the morning we departed Mykonos, my wife left her hat (a $10 purchase) on the front counter of the hotel when the hotel shuttle began loading to whisk guests off to the port (for our ferry to Athens). The front desk staff telephoned our driver and inquired whether the hat was the property of one of his passengers. He promised to return (a 12-minute drive from the hotel) with the hat prior to driving other guests to the airport... we told him not to (in light of his responsibilities to the other guests and the inconsecquential value of the hat). When it became obvious the driver would not be able to return to the hotel, collect those guests bound for the airport, and then deliver the hat to us at the port prior to the departure of the ferry, the hotel manager personally drove the hat to us at the port.

Now THAT is what you call "service"!!!

I'll tell you what -- the folks at The Ambassador "get it"!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Platys Gialos
Mykonos Princess Hotel
#3 of 9 in Agios Stefanos
Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA
Myconian Villa Collection

Been to Myconian Ambassador Relais & Chateaux Hotel? Share your experiences!