“Absolutely wonderful”

Ranked #5 of 25 Hotels in Platys Gialos
cleveland, ohio
“Absolutely wonderful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2006

I had debated a long time about whether to stay at the petassos beach hotel, or it's sister hotel, less money, Petassos bay. I was glad to have chosen the Beach hotel.. It was a gorgeous hotel, very nice amenities, excellent location. The staff was also very willing to accomodate. The Bay hotel did share the same amenities, but it was not as easy to access as the Beach hotel. This hotel was worth the price.. The only recommendation I would make is to eat at other restaurants-- much less money and very good food. Their restaurant was too pricey for the food provided.. but overall, would highly recommend this hotel...

10 Thank Hope1215

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2006

We stayed at Petasos for three nights in May to celebrate our wedding anniversary, in a deluxe room (with a balcony overlooking the sea). The hotel surpassed our expectations in every respect. First, the service was outstanding. The staff was very helpful and made us feel so welcome. They genuinely sounded like they were delighted to help us with every question we asked. Second, the rooms were bright, beautiful and airy, with simple, modern design. The view from our hotel room was breathtaking -- we sat out on our balcony every morning to just take in the beautiful scenery. The pool area was also our favorite hangout -- looking out at the ocean, and sipping drinks and eating ice cream all day. Third, the food at this hotel is probably the most delicious I had on my entire vacation (though lunch and especially dinner are admittedly on the pricey side). Breakfast was actually free with our room; the spread is enormous and the quality was outstanding. Since the weather was nice during our stay, breakfast was served outside on tables overlooking the sea. Lunch and dinner were really tasty, and dinner was a bit more formal.

Location-wise, the hotel is only a 10-minute bus ride to Hora, and the bus stop is literally right outside the door of the hotel. The bus stops there every hour. There is a small beach steps away from the hotel. All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel, especially to couples (I might note that if I were single and with a group of friends out to party, I might want to stay right in Hora). Personally, we felt like we really had to drag ourselves out to enjoy Hora because we were so happy with our accommodations!

• Stayed May 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2006

This is an excellent hotel, which I would recommend to couples or families.
We only spent 2 nights here on our honeymoon and would have loved to have spent another 2-3 nights here.

Although we didn't book or pay for a transfer, the hotel shuttle kindly gave us a lift from the airport, from here on in the staff at the hotel proved to be welcoming, informative and warm.

The reception area and bar are stylishly decorated, with books to borrow in the bar, and free internet access (which is rare).

The facilities are excellent, including 2 pools (my favourite was the smaller quieter pool)overlooking Platos Yialos beach.

The restaurant is a little pricey but the food is good quality and the breakfasts are excellent, with lots of variety.

I think the hotel is in an excellent location, with the beach so close by and a bus to town right outside your door. Though I would recommend hiring a car to see more of the island, which the hotel can organise for you.

We had a basic room although the hotel does offer deluxe rooms and suites etc. Our was still extremely clean, comfortable and had all the facilities you expect. We also had a little balconette with bay views.

• Stayed June 2006
9 Thank Gloria B
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2006

Just got back from a stay in early June 2006. Petasos is located in a perfect spot. There is a beach nearby, but the hotel still feels private and quiet. The bus stop to Hora is right outside the hotel steps, and boats to the other beaches are just a few feet away.
The staff and service are exceptional. They allowed an early check-in for us (9AM!) and even fixed hotel transfers for our booking in Santorini.

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Ancaster, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2006

I've never seen a hotel like it in my life. It was amazing - great service, clean and modern rooms, GREAT breakfast. We were island hopping and this was BY FAR the nicest hotel we stayed at (3 islands and Athens). You are a short bus ride from town (bus station is right outside hotel), and 30 second walk from Platys Yialos and 5 minutes from Psarou. Try Atlantida for dinner (on Platys Yialos). Staff is courteous and helpful. Free internet service (2 computers). Most rooms with oceanview. Pool is clean and spectacular. Overall 5+!!

• Stayed June 2005
6 Thank CMcKAncaster_Canada
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2006

We just returned from a 5 day stay at the Petasos Beach. In a nutshell, great location, great rooms, great staff, worth every penny. We had a deluxe room reserved but upon our arrival we decided to upgrade to a rooom with a sharing pool. We loved it, the views, the privacy, the atmosphere, etc. Conveniently located, only a 10 minute bus ride to town. Melina and Anastasia at the front desk are great, Caliope at the Spa was wonderful as well, what a great group of people. The breakfast staff superb. The spa is brand new and still growing with more services to come. We were sad to leave, in fact had our travel plans allowed we probably would have stayed longer.

• Stayed May 2006
4 Thank samhls
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2006

I spent a lot of time researching hotels in Mykonos. I found that going to the hotel's website is better than the links some travel agencies provide. I don't need to provide photos - the hotel's website is all you need. It is 100% accurate.

The hotel was more than I expected. When I booked my trip, I used the link from the agency so I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at the hotel. The hotel is located in what I think is the best location in Mykonos. It is nestled between 2 public beaches, but I stayed at the pool. They have 2 pool areas. Everything was immaculately clean, the furniture is simple and modern. The restaurant serves good food and the risotto was excellent. The staff is so warm and friendly. I didn't want to leave. The buses to town are very frequent - about every 30 minutes. It's a short 10 minute ride to town and the bus stops in front of the hotel. There's no need to rent a car or moped. The bus is prompt and only costs 1.10 Euro.

In town, there is an adundance of restaurants, souvenir shops, and Little Venice has a lot of nightlife. There are some hotels in town, but it gets so crowded there that I personally would not want to stay there.
I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I would definitely stay here again.

6 Thank SaucyFoodieNYC
Andronikos Hotel
#4 of 82 in Mykonos Town
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,194 reviews
Rocabella Mykonos Art Hotel & SPA

Been to Petasos Beach Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!