“oasis mango apartment”

LABRANDA Oasis Mango
Coventry, United Kingdom
“oasis mango apartment”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Very disappointing there was no entertainment and only one bar at the pool. It soon became tedious sitting at the same bar day and night. Would not recommend this hotel for anyone with walking difficulties all rooms we up several stairs and the hotel was situated on a hilly road.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Margaret W
manager_oasismango, Directora hotel at LABRANDA Oasis Mango, responded to this review, 4 February 2015
Dear Margaret,
We would like to thank you for your stay with us and your feedback. We have taken note of your comments in order to improve our service.
We apologize if during your stay at any time the service has not been as expected.
Please get in touch with us through our e-mail:
manager.oasismango@mpihotels.com
The Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Chichester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel July 24th-31 July 2014, all inclusive, with a group of my girlfriends- 6 in total.

We aimed for a mixed holiday of party and chilled.

When we pulled up at the Hotel my initial thought was that I didn’t like how close it was to the road. There was no drive it was just right there, and you could see all into the hotel However, with it being 3 stars and looking round at the other hotels there, I could see they were all like that and let it go. The road was quiet anyway however my initial thought was –“oh no we are right on the strip” but Los Cristianos isn’t like that fortunately.

On arrival the man who greeted us at reception spoke little English and simply gave us our room keys and told us to go up the stairs. Our apartments were in the 600’s and so were at the highest point of the hotel! This was good for being away from the road however we are 6 young girls and had to lug our heavy cases up about 6 flights of stairs with no help or guidance as to where to go at 1 am in the morning. We got no help here and automatically didn’t like the start of our holiday. We were also told at reception that we had no air con in the hotel and that we had to pay for fans. We didn’t get these initially as we wanted to test the room out and see if they were needed (as we had already all paid 20 euros for wifi for the week each) however when we went down the next day, we were told that all the fans were gone and that we could hire them from an external company but that it would cost more. We were outraged and refused and instead, put up with the boiling rooms.

We found that the pool although small, was still very nice and it was a salt water one and so was a refreshing change from chlorine. There was however a limited amount of sunbeds which resulted in races of the visitors to obtain one at 10:00am when they open the doors for the pool area. We were always lucky to get one however if you’re not one day, I would recommend just going to the beach at Playas as it is really nice.

The food- The buffet breakfast and lunch, I found to be the best meals. There were snacks in between breakfast- lunch and lunh- dinner which mainly consisted of a sandwich which seemed ok. The quantity of the food that was served at all three meals was huge. There was lots to eat as even lunch included desert every day as well as dinner. The desserts were really nice too. The only issue is, is although there was lots of food, it all became very ‘samey’, as buffets do however the problem I mostly found was that every night was the same kind of dish and even then again- the same kind of dish 3 times over at the same meal. So for instance every night there was fish on the menu and at the same time, the dinner would have the fish then tuna meat balls, tuna pasta and some other fish dish spread out around the buffet. They occasionally had other meats at dinner time but there was never any chicken when I visited and as I don’t like fish, I mainly stuck to pasta (if there was no tuna in it which was a rarity!) or bread!- All in all, I’m quite a picky person and so there wasn’t much available to me but my friends enjoyed it and liked the food and it is the kind of standard you that is acceptable and what you should expect at a 3 star.

The rooms were really nice. Modern Kitchen and Bathroom, and a nice spacious living room. It used to be solely self catering and so the kitchen is fully equipped and they even left us some rolls and a cold meats dish with some rice in the fridge on our arrival as we arrived in the middle of the night.

We paid for wifi for a week, each, which cost 20 euros. It doesn’t clearly tell you, and nor do the receptionist say that you get kicked out after couple of days and have to log back in. Therefore one of my friends binned her receipt as you would (lucky the rest of ours had them floating around the bottom of our bags) and when she went to explain she couldn’t get on even though she had paid for 7 days, they told her she needs to enter her code again. She explained she didn’t have that anymore and that they didn’t tell her this. We asked if they had any record themselves so she could prove it if they kept receipt however they didn’t and she had to pay again for the wifi.

In the evening we drank out at the bar near the pool however it was silent. I understand there being no entertainment for a 3 star however there wasn’t even any music playing on the speakers and so I felt rather bad for families who were sitting there with their kids with nothing to do. We could at least enjoy the bars later but even for us, the lack of music didn’t really create a good atmosphere.

When reading the reviews I saw a lot of people complaining about the hill it was on. I wouldn’t say it is that steep and, its simply an uphill road and it was fine for us although I see how maybe an older couple may have struggled.

The waiters and bar staff were lovely especially Miguel and Raul.

I would recommend taking the longer walk to Playas beach, as it is much nicer than the Los Cristianos beach.

The area itself is nice and there are loads of bars and restaurants down the road. I would say it is a more couple/ family holiday however it was good for us as we didn’t want to party all the time so we could have drinks out or meals in Los Cristianos and then on other nights, get a short taxi to Playas for clubbing.

The bad points- A fight for sun loungers in the morning, no air con, wifi incident- hang onto your receipt, food wasn’t great but what you should expect at a 3 star I suppose and there was no music played in the evening at the bar.

The good points- of the food that there was there was lots of it and regular snack times, pool was nice, waiter and bar staff were extremely friendly, free ice cream in the day as well with all inclusive, rooms were lovely and to a high standard.

Overall we enjoyed it but it did put me off going on another cheapo holiday (especially since it wasn’t that cheap as we went in the summer holidays) Although there were some good and some bad points, I wouldn’t return in a hurry.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Aimee,
Thank you for your feedback. We have taken note of your suggestions and would like to thank you for comments, as it helps us to improve our services.
We are happy in overall you have enjoyed your stay and hope to see you back in future.
Skarucna, Bohinj, Slovenia
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I have been here in February 2014 and I did spend some lovely holiday time. With almost everything sold out at online booking sites this place seemed to be one of the remaining few not offering rooms at a rip-off price. There were hesitations, naturally. The location is uphills Los Cristianos, there were even some reports regarding burglary during the time the reception was closed etc. It is somewhat hard to get an up to date information online regarding many Spanish establishments and this one was certainly not the exception.

No needs to worry, indeed. Though being simple, the appartments were spacious and comfortable. Lovely flowers, birds and walkways among the appartments. Each appartment enters from the outside pathway but since the reception now operates 24hr I have never felt unsecure. Good cable-TV service, and there is also some kind of chargeable WI-FI (reasonably priced) which is not very reliable and I can now understand this facilty is not being advertised in hotel information websites. Breakfast is on a level of 3-star hotels. The pool is OK. Not much is happening in the close vicinity but one can find entertainment downtown easily.

Despite not being in central location one can easily reach Los Cristianos in about 10 minutes walking, Loner walk would be required to reach beaches and busy places bordering towards Playa de las Americas. Plenty of parking by the street, free of charge, great for card renters.

The hotel is nice, clean and in a good condition and could certainly be recommended. Especially as an excellent place for making trips arount Tenerife using a car rental as we did.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank UrbanBur
Dear UrbanBur,
We are happy you have enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for your feedback, it has been very helpful.
We hope to see you back in future.
East Sussex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Just returned from Oasis mango apartments after a 7 day from 2nd August till 9th August 2014.
Stayed in room 311, which wasn't too far away from the pool etc.
Everything was very clean no complaints at all.
All staff were very helpful and polite, But a special mention to Miguel and Raul, 2 of the waiters, I have to say they were the 2 best waiters I have ever had dealings with, so so polite, would do anything for you to make your stay pleasurable. Raul never stopped smiling.
Overall a lovely stay would go again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank David B
manager_oasismango, Directora at LABRANDA Oasis Mango, responded to this review, 4 February 2015
Dear David,
We would like to thank you for your friendly comment. Feedback helps us to improve our services and we are pleased to read that we have met your expectations.
We are happy you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again soon.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I have never felt more compelled to write a review on here as I do now.

As great a tool that Trip advisor is, it also has the potential to ruin the build up to a family holiday that hard working people have slogged all year for, by knee jerk posts from visitors, or those with a specific agenda. Or those that have just had a rubbish holiday and so get stuck into their accommodation.

I read Trip advisor when I book somewhere, but have taught myself to mainly pay attention to the positive comments! Which is what I did when we booked this many months ago. It's good to get a balanced view, but some of the comments on here...well they just don't add up.

I didn't read the latest negative reviews that have appeared the last couple of weeks, but I was advised of them by my partner during our very enjoyable stay. So make of this what you will...

- First up. If you have booked this holiday expecting the Burj Khalifa, then quite frankly you are an idiot, and I would worry about you finding your way through passport control at your local airport, never mind submitting a rational review on a public website.

- Ok, so the hotel looks tired. And when we arrived I did think "well it's only a week" - you soon realise that it is purely cosmetic. I don't think you turn a corner without seeing a cleaner. They really are all over the place. We even commented that the "public" toilets - those in the dining and pool area, actually smell really nice! They are being constantly cleaned. The place could do with a whitewash.The yellow paint is a bit nineties, and probably doesn't help its appearance. Also a new hotel sign probably wouldn't go amiss. But that's about it.

- Most important bit for most people it seems - Food. Well let's be straight. This is an all inclusive place. People use it for different reasons. We generally tend to use it for breakfast and lunch (if we are about), but will go into the town for an evening meal 4 nights out of 7. Whilst many budgets wouldn't stretch to this, what I would say is if you are there for a week then I still wouldn't see eating there every evening as a particularly huge tragedy. The breakfasts are spot on, and everything (and more) than you would get if you went into town and paid 5 Euros for a belly buster. All the pastries are available (I would generally have 3 croissants for starters!) and then there is a full cooked breakfast selection (even English sausages), baked beans, fried and scrambled eggs...then the fruit (that I tend to swerve!). All your hot drinks as much as you like, and the usual selection of highly concentrated fruit juices!

Lunch has the usual pasta, chips, meat dish, fish dish...and it is effectively the same for the evening meal - however, all the food is perfectly edible, some dishes better than others, but there was ALWAYS something to make a meal from, and it certainly wasn't the inedible slop that some people have suggested. It is standard European All Inclusive food. We have stayed in Mexico, where food to North Americans is effectively the Holy Grail - so the standard is very, very high. But on this continent, I don't think we are there yet. But Oasis Mango was certainly not at a terrible standard compared to others I have experienced. We have kids of 6 and 16, and both ate well each day.

- The Hill? Ok. This is Tenerife. A Volcanic island. It's pretty hilly. With respect, when we arrived, we expected we might have to walk. If you are in a wheelchair, you may not be able to push yourself up the hills. But then if that's the case, don't visit Los Christianos unless you are staying on the front. The gradient of a hill is not the fault of the hotel (well I suppose it is, as they built it there), but it would also rule out lots of other hotels that line the "hilly" street. Anyway, I am a 37 year old bloke and carried my 6 year old son on my shoulders most nights up this hill, and dragged his 40 year old Mum and 16 year old sister with us, and nobody uttered much of a complaint. We were even on the 5th level at the apartments, so had more steps to climb when we got back, and it really wasn't an issue. Unless you genuinely do suffer from a disability, or are clinically obese.

- The pool is the only box that could get a low mark, and that is purely due to the fact that there aren't enough beds for residents. However, as is the case with all hotels - get there early and you will get a decent spot! We are not into the racing for a bed, and let others get that out of their system. However it really isn't a holiday spoiler.

- The local area is great for getting out for a meal or drinks. I won't go into this too much, as I don't think this is under any debate. Lot's of very reasonably priced restaurants about (We were fed VERY well at steak restaurant Taurus last night, for a family of 4 with 2 courses each and drinks for 70 euros) - and you can get a pint for 1.50 and a wine for 2.50 a glass. There are a couple of small strips of bars and restaurants 10 minutes down the road, or a 20 minute walk into Los Christianos itself - although if you are staying for a week, you may find the local bars and restaurants do you fine.

So that's my initial take on things....I just want to say, please don't let comments on here ruin your holiday - it really isn't the hovel some people make it out to be! If it was, we would have left on day 1.

Oh, and I saw one cockroach all holiday. It was squashed on the floor, in the middle of Los Christianos.

I would just say go and enjoy!

Room Tip: Rooms on the end of the blocks benefit from larger balconies. We were in 501 which was great.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
16 Thank Graham H
Dear Graham,

we want to thank you for your positive comment, specially for all the good you said about the staff because they are working very hard and when we read an opinion like yours our goal is reached.! thanks so much .
We would like to thank you for your extensive and positive feedback as it will surely help future guests to get an overall idea of the hotel.
We are looking forward to your next stay.
Antrim, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Stayed 25th July to 1 Aug with husband and 6 yr old son. Stayed in Room 310.

Pros: The pool - our little boy loved the pool! But beware of the big rock at the side of the pool, banged my toe on this a few times, so did my husband. Also, the pool goes from shallow to suddenly a big drop to then quite deep which isn't great for kids. We tried to keep our little boy in the toddler pool as we knew it was safer. The other downside was trying to get a free sunbed but we just couldn't be bothered with all that hassle of queuing up at 9.15am and racing round the pool like an eejit to try and get one.
The staff were very helpful, they did try their best. The waiters were so hardworking and so friendly - really lovely people! Miguel and Juan Carlo - were so friendly and they never stopped. The cleaners were lovely too and worked so hard. If you wanted clean towels you just had to leave the old ones in the bath tub and they were replaced.
Rooms were clean and spacious which is a must for me. We also had a lovely view from our balcony.
The beach was lovely, only 12 Euros for 2 sunbeds. Again our little boy loved this and it was great to get out of the hotel complex for a while.
The beer (it was called Tropical) - my husband loved it.
The supermarket down the hill was great, although carrying lots of bottles of water and shopping up the steep hill can be a bit of a slog especially in the sun. Reception does 5ltr bottles of still water for 2 Euros, (but you can get an 8ltr bottle cheaper at the supermarket).

Cons: The food. We did have to eat out a few times which I think if you have paid all-inclusive (like we did) its defeating the purpose of going all inclusive. I'm not really a drinker but was looking forward to the cocktails. Again I was disappointed - the juice was very bitter and there was a funny taste of the pina colada. I know I'm quite a fussy eater but I honestly believe the average person wouldn't eat chips with brussel sprouts or cauliflower!! Nothing for kids at all - no pizzas or burgers so my little boy lived on bread and chips all week. The desserts were cakes full of synthetic cream (which I hate). The snacks were ridiculous - tired ham sandwiches and more synthetic cream cakes - that was it! The only good meal was breakfast to be honest - I liked the scrambled eggs and sausages, however after a week of lunch & dinner at this hotel I was glad to get home. (Oh and the tea is awful - I drank coffee all week), however we did bring our own teabags for the apartment so at least we got a decent cup while we were there.
No Air-Con anywhere in the hotel (which was kind of open-aired), so there was nowhere to go and 'cool down'.
No entertainment at all not even any music so I found evenings were very understated and a bit boring to be honest, we just ended up going up to our balcony and reading.

Watch out for the taxi drivers - sometimes we were charged between 3.50 & 4 euros to the shops and then another chancer charged us 6 euros 86!!!

I can honestly say I wouldn't go back, it was my first trip to Tenerife and it's kind of put me off.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
manager_oasismango, Directora Hotel at LABRANDA Oasis Mango, responded to this review, 4 February 2015
Dear Gail,
We want to thank you for your comments as your rating helps us to improve our services. We are sorry to read that we have not met your expectations.
We have taken note of your suggestions and see what we can do to improve.
Please get in touch with us through our e-mail:
manager.oasismango@mpihotels.com
The Hotel Management
Harpenden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have just returned from Oasis Mango after a 10 day stay, my husband and 2 kids ... Its all about what you expect - perfectly fine for what we paid for but not a five star resort

Staff friendly, everything very clean and well kept, rooms nice. Location is away from the hustle and bustle of the town so if you are looking for somewhere that is a bit more lively, this isn't for you. However there is a bus stop down the road and a taxi costs about 4 euros from the beach so its not like you are in the middle of nowhere. Nice supermarket down the road. We went to Sian Waterpark for the day which was fab and there is a courtesy bus that stops just down the road.

The pool is clean but can get crowded in the middle of the day. The drawback is the sunbeds - if you want one you need to queue up and join the mad rush for sunbeds around 915. If you go late afternoon, you will find some spare ones .... My kids loved the pool and there were some inflatables, however if it gets too crowded they will ask you to not use them.

We didn't eat in the dining room, so can't comment on the food and if you want night entertainment - its not that sort of place. But if you want a nice quiet cheap family holiday, it was perfectly fine.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Emma L
manager_oasismango, directora HOTEL at LABRANDA Oasis Mango, responded to this review, 4 February 2015
Dear Emma,