“Best food in Los Cris”
Review of Pizzeria Ma La Luna - CLOSED

Pizzeria Ma La Luna
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Brand new pizzeria,did not even have the menus printed last week.Very good pizza and pasta. In commercial centre at entrance to sunday market.
Reviewed 25 March 2013 via mobile

4 of us went for a meal at ma la luna & we all agreed it was the best meal that we had all week. Each one of us had a different meal, can't remember what the others had but i had the half a metre margarita pizza. It was gorgeous.
The waitress was funny & had a cracking laugh on her.
The restaurant was quiet, which was good for us but for the business such a shame. I think the location could be the problem.
Next time in Tenerife I'll be heading straight back to this restaurant

Reviewed 15 January 2013

Should be top of your list if looking for Italian in the south of tenerife , pizzas very authentic .was a quite night when we where there certain things didn't quite meet the mark but didn't take away from the quality of food .

1  Thank likealotofhols
Reviewed 14 November 2012

We were lucky to eat at this restaurant twice during our holiday. We discovered it through reviews of TA, we had walked past it many times without noticing. It is situated on the top floor of a shopping centre and could be missed by wandering past. If you see it, try it!!!

The waitress was bubbly and friendly and really made you feel welcome. The food both nights was gorgeous. Very nice pizzas, and they were happy to alter a pasta dish upon request. I'd happily eat their homemade ravioli daily ;)

Both nights we went, there were literally 1 or 2 tables in. I'd normally give somewhere a miss if it looks that quiet (particularly when everywhere else was so busy). I'm so glad we didn't. It deserves to be much busier.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

If you are a lover of freshly prepared authentic Italian food then don't miss this place. The waitress is adorable, so bubbly and friendly. As I love vegetarian pasta dishes she asked the chef to prepare one for me not made with cream but with a tomato sauce, it was absolutely delicious. Our only regret is that we went for our last meal of our holiday and it was closed (Monday). We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 19 September 2012

I'm a massive fan of TripAdvisor and consult i whenever i go on holiday. I think the listings need a bit more work (on the app certainly) and the main reason i say this is that this restaurant did not show up for us when looking for "Italian" food in Los Cristianos. For that reason, we spent forever trying to find a different restaurant and only "settle" for Ma La Luna when we were too tired to continue searching.

What a result!

The restaurant has a chilled and elegant setting even though it's located on the balcony of a mini shopping centre and the staff are very attentive. I ordered the home made spaghetti with Prawns and Rocket and was quickly informed that actually they had run out of rocket - expecting to be offered alternatives such spinach etc i was stunned when they offered mussels and other seafood as an accompaniment too! This was if anything an "upgrade" from my original choice so i eagerly accepted!

For starters, we chose the Bruschetta with ham and cheese (it has a much more exciting italian name but unfortunatey the name eludes me for the moment!) which was just delicious. They make their own bread in house so I would be hard pressed to find it elsewhere, which is a real shame.

My friends ordered the home made lasagne and a standard bolognaise and when they dishes were served we knew we were in for a treat. The rich aromas and presentation are top notch and my "upgraded" pasta was to die for.

We left fully satisfied and my only regret is that we wasted all that time looking for a different restaurant.

Tips:

- The restaurant is largely "open air" seating so even if you don't see an ashtray on the table. there is a good chance you will be sat next to a smoker. If this is a problem, pick one of the inner tables.
- Definitely get a starter!
- Ignore the "standard" pasta options. If you want pasta, go for the home made!