“Fabulous Hotel”

Hotel H10 Big Sur Boutique Hotel
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Los Cristianos
Reviewed 19 December 2012

I have just returned from a week at the Big Sur and have nothing but praise for.

I first arrived by taxi and one of the staff appeared and took my bag in for me and the first of a nice touch,
The hotel has a big wow factor when you first go in. Its immaculate, modern and a nice cinnimon smell around the place.
Reception told me I had been upgraded to a sea view room but was not one of the refurbished. I actually wanted a new room and was told no problem and could change the next day.
The room i was given was large,clean and had no complaints with. However I would recommened the refurbished rooms as modern, spacious and lots white crisp linens and white leather chair and wall panelling. Very relaxing. Nice touch with plasma TV on wall with Sky news.
Another big bonus was free WIFI in the room

The staff were so friendly and accomodating and a credit to the hotel. All were so helpful and friendly.
The food was good and plenty of choice both at breakfast and at dinner and no complaints here.
I cant comment on the entertainment but there was no loud music and stopped early evening.

Chill out lounge is cool on the 8th floor and very peacefull. In fact, the whole no kids rule was a bonus as very quiet and relaxing.
Few nice touches around the pool area during the day - staff bringing fresh melon and sandwiches for example

This is a diamond of a hotel and definately deserves 4 stars and I can honestly say I could not find one fault in any aspect of the hotel.
I had the most relaxing week in luxury suroundings and was well looked after by all at the hotel.
Would recommend to all.
Older crowd but suited me and was there to chill. I had that and more and intend to go back.

Big thanks to all at the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank chef007_10
There are newer reviews for Hotel H10 Big Sur Boutique Hotel

Reviewed 3 December 2012

I recently stayed in the Big Sur (what's in a name) for 10 days. At the airport the taxi driver did not know the Big Sur at all. Ah, we then said the Moreque, and then he grinned and drove us straight to the hotel. So Moreque people : why in god's name have you changed the name? You have already done this a couple of times in the past, first it was the Melia Moreque (in 1973), then the Belroy Moreque( in the 80 thies), also the H10 Moreque. Now it is the Big Sure. Are you sur(e) you about the name? Everybody still calls it the Moreque!
In total we have been 24 times in LC , where of 14 times in the Moreque (we spent our honeymoon here in 1973). I have seen many different types of rooms and the reception in 4 different locations (i still vividly recall the steel bridge between the street and the first floor reception). Now with the upgrading of the upper floors, things are much nicer. But now the bathroom could do with some upgrading too (shower heads and valves).
One thing that bothers me is that you have to pay the hotel room in advance (i came with my family in two rooms) and have to sign the restaurant bill even before you sit down for diner. They obviously don't trust you. So why should i trust them? They must have had lots of bad experiences in the past! (greetings to Silvia and Sandra)
The quality of the food has improved considerably now. The coffee stand is a bit crowded at times and the ice cream corner is only accessible by one person at the time. The lighting spot above the coffee machines is a bad idea, it reflects onto the shiny surface of the machine and you can't see a thing (i took the liberty to adjust these). The dining room has only tables for 2, so finding a table for 4 is difficult at times. Joining 2 tables is only possible if two adjacent tables become vacant simultneously.
The really good thing about the hotel upgrade is the airco, silent and effective. They didn't have that in the old days!
And what are those bedside furnitures doing in the room. They remind me of the stack of wooden sticks that i put in my open fireplace to start the fire! Normally bedside furniture has a drawer to store small items such as cell phone transformer or other small stuff, but here : nothing can be stored. Room for improvement here, guys!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank AntwerpPipo
Bigsur_10, Gerente at Hotel H10 Big Sur Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2012

Dear guests,
Thank you for your kind comments that you have placed on Tripadvisor, further to your recent visit to the H10 Big Sur Boutique Hotel, and for being a valued repeater guest of our hotel for nearly 40 years now, wow!!
Please be assured all your comments will be shared with all the team, here at the H10 Big Sur. Great to hear that you particularly enjoyed the newly refurbished rooms, public areas, food offer Breakfast and evening meal as well as our service, even if the taxi driver didn´t knew the new name of our hotel!! After the complete refurbishment of the hotel with a modern, fresh, mediterranean design and a touch of vintage feel deserved a name according to the new image and our property decided to call it: Big Sur Hotel Boutique.
Thank you once again, for your valued feedback and we look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the H10 Big Sur Boutique Hotel.
Kind regards

Reviewed 30 November 2012

The H10 big sur is a lovely adult only hotel,food excellent something for every one,rooms spotlessly clean,staff friendly and polite,traveling at this time of year does mean there are quite a lot of oldies on holiday (but why not) think we was the youngest in our early 50s,entertainment was ok more for the oldies but still there was something on every nite..the only gripe is that you struggled for an English cup of tea in the dining room,in your bedroom there was a fancy coffee making machine but once used you had to pay 1 euro per cup and why they charge 16 euros for the safe for a week I will never know because the safes are in your room and electronic. Out side the hotel lovely and flat for walking was paying 95cent a pint yes under a euro ,the bars was very quite at this time of year in Los Cristianos but more lively in Las Americas but more expensive as well .another enjoyable holiday and would recommend the hotel but not suitable for groups of young girls or lads.

Room Tip: Make sure your room is above floor 2, the rooms have been refurbished above this level,and ask for a...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank woody22Uk

Dear guests,
Thank you for your kind comments and constructive feedback that you have placed on Tripadvisor, further to your recent visit to the H10 Big Sur Hotel Boutique.
I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and in particular, enjoyed your Breakfast and evening meal, the newly refurbished room, complimentary Nespresso Coffee machine. As always, we are so happy to read that our friendly and helpful staff were able to deliver a positive experience during your stay with us. By the way, at this time of the year are travelling mainly older people, younger people prefer the summer, Easter, Christmas season and the average age of customers is considerably lower.
Thank you once again for your valued feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Kind regards

Reviewed 24 November 2012

I have just come back from the H10 Big Sur. I had a wonderful stay for one week.The staff were very helpful and realy looked after me.The room on the first floor was clean and overlooked the front of the Hotel. I don't think the first floor had been refurbished but there was nothing wrong with the room. I didn't stay round the pool but walked to the beach which was not far daily.The food was very good,the meat, Bacon in the morning, fish and meat in the evening were cooked infront of you.I noticed two photos on stairwell were of Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor who had stayed in the hotel a number of times. The hotel is very relaxing and the staff cannot do enough for you,I would recommend staying at this hotel and will be returning soon.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank GlamorganBiscuit
Bigsur_10, Gerente at Hotel H10 Big Sur Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

Dear guests,
Thank you so much for writing this excellent review on Tripadvisor. I appreciate your time for sharing your experience at the H10 Big Sur Boutique Hotel and I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Please join us again when your travel plans bring you back to Tenerife!.
Director

Reviewed 22 November 2012

My wife is in a wheelchair and the ground floor disabled room was very good although the balcony does not have a good view looking out onto another hotel. All the staff are very efficient, pleasant and helpful. The hotel inside and in the grounds are kept spotless at all times. There was a wide selection of food to suit most tastes with chef's on hand to cook food to your requirements. Easy access around the hotel and poolside for wheelchairs with a rear gate onto the promenade. The hotel provided everything that we required and we are looking forward to going again next year. In my opinion this hotel cannot be beaten for value.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ronald w

Dear guests,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a positive review on Tripadvisor.
I agree that our location is a special key factor and a great advantage to us being central and very peaceful and still being at walking distance to many places.
Thank you that you appreciated and noticed our efforts to make your and all our guests` stay a special one, whether for work or leisure purpose or for clients confined to a wheelchair, it is vitally important to us that all our guests are able to enjoy!.
Thank you again for your feedback, we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too far future!
Director

Reviewed 17 November 2012

We joined my Sister-in-law and her Husband for a weeks holiday at the H10 Big Sur.
Although an old hotel the recent refurbishment has brought it up to date, well almost. My Sister-in-law had a room on the 6th floor which had been modernised/refurbished and we had a room on the second floor overlooking the car park that had not been refurbished, that said, the room was kept spotlessly clean. The downside was the full size fridge, locked and still on which churned away at night!
The breakfasts were good with plenty of choice, the chefs at the grill were very good and friendly, they produced delicious omlettes, fresh fried bacon and fried eggs. The evening meal always had a good choice of hot and cold food, plus there was always a choice of freshly grilled meats and fish. We chose to eat around 8pm and found that the food in the hotplates was not always very hot and by the time we got around to a sweet at around 8:45 there was not much to choose from, especially if you wanted ice cream.
All the staff were really friendly and helpful, they always had time to say hola.
We have always stayed in the Arona Gran in the past, but I have to say with a complete refurb and a few little tweeks this hotel will get quite close to its standard.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dykeside

Dear guests,
Thank you so much for staying with us in the H10 Big Sur Boutique Hotel and for your review.
We are delighted to hear that our staff took care of you and that you liked the decor and cleanliness of the hotel. Please be assured that we have passed on your feedback to all our team members and will ensure that he is acknowledged through our internal recognition scheme.
We hope to see you again soon.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 12 November 2012

We have just returned from another visit - our second this year to the Hotel H10 Big Sur and had a very enjoyable time as before.

The hotel has many positives including friendly, efficient staff, high standard of cleanliness, good location and many other positives.

The negatives in my opinion are as I have mentioned in previous reviews and mainly involve the dining room. The tea and coffee machines become highly congested at peak times.There is another set of hot drinks machines outside but when we were there, the weather was bad and the outside area was not in use, making the queues for hot drinks even longer - very frustrating.

Many of the dinner dishes were not labelled and so we were frequently unsure of the contents - this has also been the case in the past.

Again, we chose to be on floor two in order to take advantage of the rooms with a terrace - as previous reviewers have mentioned, these rooms have yet to be refurbished and it really is time that they were done - although clean, the decor is antiquated. However, the positives do outweigh the negatives and we will certainly return.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Isobel1523
Bigsur_10, Gerente at Hotel H10 Big Sur Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Dear guests,
thank you for your kind comments! Your satisfaction is also ours, we are glad to know you enjoyed your stay at our H10 Big Sur Hotel Boutique.
I would not like to say goodbye without expressing all our gratitude, not only mine but from all the staff because they are who make and achieve with their professionalism that our guests leave the hotel with a good memory of their stay.
Thank you very much for dedicate part of or time and for rating our hotel better than lots of 4 star hotels in Spain, we are sure your recommendation on Tripadvisor, despite the small details, will be helpful for a future guests.
We hope see you soon again in this your hotel in Los Cristianos,
Yours sincerely

#12 of 58 in Playa de las Americas
Labranda Reveron Plaza
Labranda Reveron Plaza
#2 of 14 in Los Cristianos

Been to Hotel H10 Big Sur Boutique Hotel? Share your experiences!