We have just got back from a weeks stay and I have to say that we were slightly disappointed. The first let-down was the fact that there was NO AIR CONDITIONING or even fans in the rooms. The only means of getting any form of air circulation was to open the patio doors, but even then, if there was no breeze blowing, it became very hot and muggy in the room. Fans can be hired (at additional cost - obviously), but when you pay for all-inclusive, then the least you expect is air-con.
The second gripe was with the food and drink. On first arrival, we wondered how anyone could complain as there appeared to be plenty of choice/variety, but after a couple of days, it became apparent that there was very little variety from one day to the next, with the only change being the chef's meat choice and possibly one or two other items. By the end of the week we decided to go out to the nearby seafront restaurants for our evening meal. The drinks were not all included either. Yes, there were free soft drinks for the kids and free draught local beer, but you are only allowed two free cocktails from a selection of 6 on the list, and after that you have to pay. (We have stayed at other hotels where there were unlimited free drinks off the list).
We found the evening entertainment to be way too loud. Our rooms were on the "quiet" side of the hotel, i.e. on the opposite side to the pool, but even so, after arriving at the hotel following a long day's travelling, all we wanted to do was sleep, but due to having to keep the patio door open (see above), we felt as though we were in the middle of the stage as the music was that loud !!. God knows how the people staying on the pool side coped, especially those with young children.
To balance it up though, the rooms were kept spotless by the maids on a daily basis, the pool area was okay (provided you had reserved your sunbeds by 8am), and we found the hotel staff to be very polite and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This property is 4 minutes walk from the beach. TRYP Tenerife lies 200 m from the beach of Los Cristianos in Tenerife. It features a large outdoor pool with sun loungers and rooms with balconies, most with sea views. Children can enjoy activities such as climbing and the superjumper. Meanwhile parents can enjoy a game of tennis, a session in the gym or simply sunbathing on the sun terrace. At the end of the day the family can come together to share a meal in the buffet restaurant before enjoying the nightly entertainment. There is also a pool bar and a sports bar. Tenerife South Airport is less than 20 minutes' drive from TRYP Tenerife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Melia and Priceline so you can book your TRYP Tenerife reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sol Princesa Dacil Hotel Los Cristianos
- Sol Melia Arona
- Sol Princesa Dacil Arona
- TRYP Tenerife Los Cristianos