“Good all round - High Standards”

Paloma Beach Apartments
Reviewed 20 March 2012

First time we've stayed at this establishment so didn't know what to expect; we paid about 40 Euros a night - we are used to paying 50 to 60 so wanted to see what you get for 40. We were pleasantly surprised - got a great apartment - good sized living room (bigger than what we're used to), nice sized bedroom and bathroom; best of all was the balcony and balcony furniture. The apartment was spotless and smelled clean when we arrived and the staff were very pleasant and helpful. The pool is great and the pool side rules are strict and are enforced! There's free WIFI and the pool side beds are 2 Euros a day. The only very slight criticism is the location - we're used to staying nearer to the centre of Los Cristianos - this establishment is about a 20 minute walk to the centre - having said that it's a lovely walk especially after a few drinks and a meal. Give it a go - you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Paloma Beach Apartments

Reviewed 17 March 2012

Love this place. First time here I was 24, am now 43 and still love it. Always a nice crowd of people and kids love it. Keep up the good work

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 17 March 2012

We absolutely love Paloma Beach and would not hesitate to stay again. The apartment complex and particularly the pool is fantastic and I couldnt recomment it high enough.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2012

Having just read a previous review i felt i must re-address the balance. Paloma Beach is one of the nicest complex's you will ever visit. It is clean, and the staff are brill. Nothing is too much trouble for them So the fact the previous reviewer had some problems with noise and states the staff did little to help is a tad deceitful! My partner is an amputee and has to use a mobility scooter & the staff are always the most obliging & helpful. The layout of the apartments means , yes, invariably you are going to hear some noise but certainly not enought to spoil your holiday! I certainly do not think it is fair of the reviewer to give such a bad review on one little bad point, the good points of Paloma Beach CERTAINLY outweigh the bad! Long live Paloma Beach!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank amanda_allchurch1966
Reviewed 10 March 2012

I booked Paloma Beach Apartments from a winter stay as I have been to these apartments before and had no problems but this time two elderly English couples were sharing the one bedroom apartment next to mine and from the first night I arrived they had the T.V. set on till at least 12.45 A.M. and were talking over it very loudly and the only way that I could sleep was by wearing ear plugs.On the fourth night I rang their door bell to complain about the noise and it was eventually opened by a hearing aid wearing Englishman who said that the T.V.set was "Not to loud" the other elderly man in the apartment shouted out that I should F-of.I complained about this three times in three days to the apartment management service and although the T.V.set was turned of at midnight-ish,they then stayed up till almost 1.A.M. every night and LATER talking very loudly which came straight through the flimsy breeze block walls so I was forced to sleep on the sofa of my living room in order to be able to get any sleep before 1.A.M.Last night,9/3/2012 the four people in the apartment next to mine again had their T.V.set on very loud till almost 1.A.M. and I could not sleep because of it.A further complaint will be made to the management service for all the good it seems to do,next time I will call the Police.Either one or both of these couples owns the apartment they are in or they have it on a long-term let because they were in their apartment when I arrived here on the 4/2/2012 and they are still here but I would not come back to the apartment I have rented if I was paid to and after this experience,I doubt if I will come back to Paloma Beach Apartments again.The owner of my apartment also seems unsure what he wants to do as he has a padlocked wardrobe with his stuff in it in the living,the top half of the small wardrobe in the bedroom padlocked with his stuff in it and tins of paint,tiles and blankets stored in the bit of the wardrobe available for guests.He also has boiler, sink and other bits stored elsewhere in the apartment,the iron and ironing board are so lethal that I took my clothes to an ironing service to be ironed and paid the fee rather than use them and their was no key for the safe in the apartment so I had to hire a safe from the apartment management company for 62 Euro's.All in all,it has been and still is an appalling experience.Sean.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
53  Thank Sean D
JohnParkes, Manager at Paloma Beach Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2012

Thank you for your review.
You booked and stayed in an apartment that you arranged privately with an owner and you stayed next to an apartment with the owner staying in it as you correctly deduced.
Unfortunately all we can do (and did in fact do) was speak to the “noisy neighbour” on your behalf. I personally spoke with the gentleman next door who is in his mid 70’s and he said that he did not feel his TV was on that loud but would make an effort to keep it down.
He also mentioned that when you knocked on his door to complain you were very aggressive and you got his back up with the manner in which you conducted your complaint. It is worth pointing out that this gentleman has owned his apartment for 25 years and spends about 3 months a year in it every year – we have never had a complaint about him ever.
Either way, because you did not book your apartment via our office we are unable to move you away from the “noisy neighbour” and because the neighbour owns the apartment next to you, we are unable to move him.
The best we could do was speak to him and we did that for you.
When you book an apartment privately you have to expect that the owner is going to have a cupboard locked off for his personal belongings and this is the case in the apartment you chose to book. There is still plenty of space for you and other occupants to put your belongings and I suspect this aspect of your complaint is just a case of you “lashing out”.
I am unsure what else you expected us to do, but if you tell me I will oblige. I am bamboozled as to why you are writing negative reviews about Paloma Beach Apartments when we have done everything in our power to address your problem.
I would suggest that wherever you next stay, you book directly with the management and not privately with an owner. It may not work out as cheap as you got your apartment for this time but at least by booking with the people you’ll inevitably complain to they will have the power to move you to another apartment.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

The is much to recommend Paloma Beach. Location - it is a short, relatively flat walk to masses of restaurants and bars, whilst just around the corner you will find a row of cheap and cheerful bar restaurants for that last drink or English breakfast after the night before. In my opinion this is probably the best location in the resort as there is no road noise or bar noise and all amenities are within a maximum 15 minute walk, with most being much closer. The pool and surrounding areas are very well kept and the reception staff most helpful. We had a few minor incidents that they resolved immediately. Most balconies and terraces are generous in size and all are furnished.

As the complex is a mixture of individually owned apartments and those owned by Paloma Beach, standards do vary. We visited with friends who booked directly with the owner of their apartment, whilst we went through Paloma Beach and ended up in an apartment that they managed but didn't own. The result was that our friends had the benefit of knowing what they were getting and paid considerably less for a lovely modern apartment with lots of stainless steel and glass, high gloss white kitchen with washing machine, fancy coffee maker etc. Whilst ours was a bit old fashioned and gloomy - think orangish terracotta floor tiles (many of them loose) and dark wood kitchen with several coats of varnish on the cupboard doors. Some of the fittings had seen better days, the crockery was all mismatched and the sunbeds were knackered. Having said that it was very clean and the beds (real beds) were comfortable. We had neighbours but never heard them at all, so insulation between floors and walls must be good..

We would definitely go back to Paloma Beach but next time I will try to book directly with the owners. However, if this wasn't possible, I could put up with the dodgy decor again for a week in the sun.

Room Tip: Many apartments in the complex are privately owned and can be rented direct from owners rather than...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank golferDurham
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Our stay at these self catering apartments was good. No complaints whatsoever. We got what we expected, better really.

The one bed apartment was very clean, everthing worked well, the furniture was good, the kitchen modern and comprehensive – large fridge/freezer, full cooker with oven, microwave, toaster, iron and board. TV flat screen with all the English major channels. We do understand however that most apartments are privately owned so they are furnished differently. You may not get one as good as ours, or maybe better. Not sure, if in doubt I would email the management, they are very obliging.

The staff very pleasant and helpful. (all were English that we spoke to). We liked the way the management made clear the rules regarding noise, behaviour etc. It made for a very tranquil atmposphere…. which of course may not suit everyone. It probably accounts for the majority of clients being middle aged or elderly.

The location suited us, it’s at the end of Los Christianos therefore quiet but only a pleasant stroll to the busier part. There are several small bars/ restaurants around the complex which served ‘holiday’ type food. There is a poolside bar/cafe if you want to stay on-site, they do breakfasts, simple food.

Supermarket next door and an Iceland over the road with familiar british brands at very reasonable prices. Parking good if you have hire car.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple