Reception Book In- Efficient and easy with a welcome drink and assistance of luggage to room if required.
Room safe-15 euros a week with no refund.
Room-Ours was on 6th Floor with excellent view of Sea,it consists of two single beds with flat screen tv with uk TV channels including BBC,ITV WALES AND WEST,CHANNEL 4 and numerous others. The bathroom consists of shower over bath,no problems with hot water, plenty of towels and Hair Dryer.
A small fridge supplied with drinks, this is checked every day to see if any items have been used(Dates of items are checked) and if used are added to your bill.
No money is used in Hotel as your key card is also your hotel debit card which is used when you order anything at the bar or any pool meals you may consume. At the end of the week you pay your bill at reception.(It is worth ordering a spring Hotel Card prior to taking your holiday as this entitles you to 15% off your total bill).
There are two sister Hotels in Playa Las Americas-The Bitacora and The Vulcano, you can use your Spring discount card at these hotels if you decide to visit and partake of drinks and food, but have to pay up front where they will discount the 15%.
The pools at the Arona Gran are fantastic, both Heated to 30 and 29 degrees, there are plenty of Sun beds and there is a strict policy on leaving towels on beds, this is checked regularly by the lifeguard and towels are removed after about 45 mins.
Pool towels are supplied and can be changed everyday.
There is a secure gate to the walkway which leads to the beach area in Los christianos and can be accessed by your hotel key card.The walk to the nearest sandy beach will take approximately 15 minutes which is the marina beach and another 10 minutes to the main beach, both sandy and level.(The one outside the beach is very rocky).
The market which is supposed to be the biggest one on the island and takes place very Sunday is right outside the hotel.
Entertainment is a mixture of tribute acts,dance acts,clowns and dancers so their should be something for every one, there is also dancing before and after the entertainment with a resident trio.
There is a pianist also playing in one of the other bars outside the entertainment room.
Breakfast is what you expect of half board holidays, except the bacon is uk type bacon(not the streaky bacon in some hotels)there are also the usual cereals,fruits,toast, cakes omelettes,pancakes etc.
I personally found the fruit juices very weak and they appeared to be watered down.
Evening meals I thought were excellent and you will be hard pressed not to find something you like, the variety is exceptional and on two of the themed nights there is even a chocolate fountain.
To use the local buses its best to buy a Bono card which cost either 12 or 15 euros and when you put the ticket in the machines the price of the journey is deducted 1.15 euros one way to las Americas.
For those of you with walking difficulties it's approximately 10 to 15 minutes to the Bus Station with a slight gradient.
Overall we enjoyed the hotel and its facilities, but it is a very quiet area-very few shops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Spring Arona Gran Hotel, it's located in a privileged position on the seaside promenade, facing the island of La Gomera, offers spectaculars views of the bay and the old fishing port of Los Cristianos and is only 3 km from the golf course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), World Independent Hotel Promotion, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Spring Arona Gran Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Arona Gran
- Arona Gran Los Cristianos
- Arona Gran Hotel Tenerife
- Arona Gran Tenerife
- Spring Arona Gran Hotel Tenerife/Los Cristianos