“First Fishing Trip in Tenerife”

Genuine Fishing in Tenerife
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer a variety of ʻGenuineʻ fishing excursions from a half day 4 hour, or a full day 7 hour trip. On all trips we do a mixture of Game Fish Trolling & Bottom Fishing, approximately half time trolling and half time bottom fishing, depending on what is fishing the best at the time, we use a variety of artificial and dead bait lures on best quality PENN and SHIMANO tackle when trolling for Tunas, Marlin, Wahoo, Dorado, Amberjacks, Barracuda etc, depending on what is in season at the time. The bottom fishing we sometimes do 'Drift Fishingʻ but mostly at anchor, over a specific mark, either the edge of a shelf, or on a line of rock and sand or basically anywhere we see fish showing up on the fish finder screen directly under the boat, it is very precise and effective. We use a mixture of baits, whole fresh caught dead baits on the heavy tackle for Big bottom feeding Flatfish, Snappers, Morays, Amberjacks etc and any big sea bed scavenger species that often take a big bait. Also we use lighter tackle for small to medium fish, and catch the fresh baits for the big rods, like Mackerel,Boga, Herring etc and other good eating fish like Snapper, Sea Bream, Amberjacks, Sea Perch, Trigger fish etc using baited hooks, feathers, artificial baits, just off the sea bed bottom. We practice ‘Catch & Release’ on most fish and any protected species accidentally caught are returned back to the water alive, all Game Billfish like Blue Marlin, White Marlin & Spearfish are always released. We also offer 'Private Charters' and 'Specialist trips' at discounted prices where you can decide want you want to target, we will always advise you as to what is fishing best at the time, as we also want a productive trip. The British owners of the boat and their crew are all fishing enthusiasts with many years experience who know these waters like the back of their hand. We cater for the serious fishermen and are also very willing to teach the novice, set up all the tackle and bait and give any advice and help if needed. Run by Father & Son, Mick and Jack, the Crested Wave has a very well known and respected reputation as a Genuine Fishing excursion. If you are an experienced fisherman you will know nothing is guaranteed when it comes to fishing, but believe us, no boat crew tries harder than the Crested Wave team. We do guarantee you will be very well looked after by the 3 of us, and pride ourselves on our customer service, that is why we are in the top of the reviews and have many regular repeat customers, and is probably the most well known fishing charter boat in Tenerife. Everything is included in the price, no hidden charges! All equipment, tackle, 2 rods each, bait, cold soft drinks, water and beers (food on the 7 hour trip). Full toilet facilities and shade around the whole boat if required. Reservations are normally necessary a few days in advance, but you can always check with us at short notice in case of any cancellations.
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I booked a trip on the Crested Wave through Mike on the 15/05/2013 I had asked for other quotes from competitors but I liked his no-nonsense approach with no guarantees of hitting a fish I am a fly fisherman when at home and I know what it is like to blank however the crew one of which is Jack Mike's son made us all welcome I enjoyed the trolling for game fish we saw plenty but not their day but more than made up for it on the bottom fishing I enjoyed the hospitality of all the crew and Mike, I will if back in Tenerife definitely go back I have no hesitation in recommending The Crested Wave to prospective customers

8  Thank Iain P
"half day trip"
in 12 reviews
"be booking again"

Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

My wife surprised me with this trip out on the open waves! What a fantastic experience!, great guys and managed to land my first ever shark!, a Seven Gill. Can't wait for my October trip back to Tenerife, I know where my first port of call will be! Thanks again for a great day.

3  Thank Billybobbobin
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I've been on trips with Mick, John, Meme and Jack for about 10 years now and on average about 2 trips a year, mostly Christmas but some in the summer. Every trip has been different. There have been a few blanks, but it's fishing and that happens. But when it's good it's really good. Last year my mate Glen and I had a lovely pair of Bonito each and we took them back to our hotel for dinner. You can't beat that. It's like a mission accomplished. I get the bus from Callao Salvaje down to Los Christianos for about 10am. The all-day trip sails about 10.30. The first part is trolling the lures so you are hoping one of the reels wizzes off. This is where you will hook into tuna or something bigger like maybe wahoo or if you are really lucky a marlin. The second part of the trip is bottom fishing and this Christmas I had 5 rays, none of them massive but it was fun catching them and the guy next to me had an amberjack of about 30lb. In addition to this we had dolphins follow us out of the harbour, We stopped to photograph some pilot whales and on the way in we were hand feeding the seagulls (some of which have been given names by the crew). It's just great fun and if you don't catch it's great just being out on the sea enjoying the sun!

5  Thank ChrisTheFish777
Reviewed 12 April 2013

The deal is that my wife gets a week in the sun and I can go fishing a couple of times.
I have fished on the crested wave at least 5 times and have always been impressed by how hard the crews works for you to catch fish. I have been other places which treat you like a mug tourist, with not a chance in hell of catching anything.
On the crested wave time is split between trolling and bottom fishing, so catching something is almost assured.
I have been on the boat when a huge blue marlin was caught, large various rays are a regular capture and I have also caught nothing, well thats fishing !.
Great honest fishing trip. A must for any angler bored of being by the pool.
Took 11yr old daughter last time. See there website.

4  Thank scott123fish