1,153 results
All reviews kids club thomson staff self catering siam park min walk great holiday quieter pool hotel supermarket baby pool water polo evening entertainment family holiday pool area roof terrace main pool play park hired a car
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Over all we had a great family holiday. Lovely weather, good hotel with beautiful views and lots of sangria! We were very impressed with the hotel, it is very pretty and clean, rooms are large and the staff were friendly at all times. We were on the 1st floor - the balcony was massive, 2nd floor apartments have the best views and roof top terraces. We took part in most of the day time activities and the Thomson Reps were great fun. My 3 year old son had a fantastic time and it was great that Thomson had the swap box full of pool toys and lilos for him to play with . There were 2 main large pools, the bottom was lovely and warm and top one was freezing. There are 2 Children's pools - 1 is a puddle and the other is quite small. Mini gold needs a re-furb. Hotel prices were to expensive so most people bought from the shop and drank their own drinks by the pool. I would recommend hiring a buggy from the Thomson rep (around 40E for a week - awesome buggy)if you have a child as the walk to either resort is quite far. Taxis are 4-6 Euro but be careful as some drivers take advantage. Los Christianos is beautiful, if you are unsure where to go ask to be dropped off by the colosseum as it's central.
The best place to buy essentials is the dino market, the shop on site is ok but dino is half the price (Playa Americas). If you are looking for a nice place to eat I would 100% recommend Linares in Los Christianos - We had an amazing steaks. Linares is in the old part of Los Christianos - if you follow the path across the seafront and go beyond the ferry port you will find the older part of the town where the locals go, everything was much cheaper (0.80e a pint). I shall be returning to Tenerife again and I am looking forward to doing all the things I didn't have time to do last year!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
12  Thank lk2901
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed here from 10th to 17th December 2013. A lovely hotel set out in pleasant surrounding grounds with 4 pools (2 for the adults and 2 for the kids) complete with 2 kiddies play areas and even a mini crazy golf course. The accommodation was also nice (Self-catering apartment) very spacious with all the necessary accessories but had a dodgy pull out sofa as a third sleeping place that kept collapsing and was not very stable. The cleaning and changing of towels and bed linen was very poor and the cleaner had to be prompted to get anything done which we mostly done ourselves. The location of the hotel is disappointing, but we knew this before going and done the nice long walks into the town (about 20 mins) which was mostly down hill and we got a taxi back each time which was only 5-6 Euros so not too bad and there are plenty of taxi's available in Playa De Las Americas (the main shopping street). There is also a little well stocked supermarket on site which was great for the essentials but a bit pricey. We had a day out at Loro Parque which was fantastic to see Dolphins, Sea-Lions, Penguins and the Killer whale shows. The guy on reception was fantastic, spoke and understood perfect English and was very prompt in sorting out any issues. However, watch out for the hidden extras, such as paying for the TV at 12 euro per week which was totally unexpected, this would be supplied free of charge in most other hotels. On that basis alone I would describe this hotel as 3*+. The weather was tropical storms for the first couple of days but then that cleared and it was sunshine every day, temperatures around 22c to 26c. Remember, your holiday is what you make it and ours was an enjoyable and somewhat relaxing holiday which was what we all wanted.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Steve F
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Stayed at villa mandi from the 27th dec for a week, the appartments are very spacious with plenty of chairs tables and equipment for a good self catering holiday. About a 20 min walk into town but this was not a problem in the day and at night a taxi only cost around 4 euros very quiet at the villas nice pool area with plenty of room around for sunbeds but expect it gets busy in summer. Plenty of good restaurants in resort especially the Mexican with was very good value for money, beach very clean with good facilities but beware of all the mobility scooters you might just get run over!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank mandysandy
Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed beginning of December. We had lovely weather and kids loved the pool which was fine once in.
The rooms was bigger than I expected. English tv with Disney channel made kids happy. Only bad thing was not another plugs .
It was a bit of a walk to anywhere. My kids didn't like walking through the rubble as there was homeless people camping. So used to walk on main road which took longer.
If I stay again I would hire a car.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Natalie W
Reviewed 8 December 2013

This hotel is a good 3 star NOT the 4 star as Thomson rate it, based on 20 years experience travelling to Europe usually twice a year.

I come away from here with mixed feelings which I will impart as follows:-

GENERAL OBSERVATION
Customer service overall was very good. The receptionists and bar staff are friendly and very helpful. I would like to mention they do come over abrupt at first but I think this is the language barrier as it's consistent throughout the Hotel.
HOWEVER the manageress is far from a role model. We as a family found her efficient but on countless occasions her manner was very rude. As paying customers this is unacceptable, leaving you feeling quite frustrated when you are meant to be relaxed.

GOOD
- Rooms are a good size ( hair dryer in bathroom excellent - no need to bring your own)
- Cleanliness - rooms cleaned 6/7 days. You do however have to strip your own beds to get clean bed linen
- Pool - two attractive yet modest size pools. Be aware however this are too cold
- Nice views over the golf course if your room is pool side. - ideal location if you are a keen golfer.

POOR
- Entertainment was non existent during our stay in November
- Meals in hotel VERY average (buffet style or menu is available)
- Although only 2kms from Los Cristianos the walk requires you to cross several major roads. Taxi's are 6€ each way, if returning at night you are almost compelled to use them.
- Payment is required for WiFi. We paid 35€ for two weeks (However this is PER device and therefore if you have a iPhone & iPad you would either need to buy two 'passwords' or sign out through a website to flex the access.)
WARNING the WIFi is often inaccessible ( We had 4/14 days totally unable to connect and around 11am and 3pm most days a long delay to load pages) - Hotel need to invest to improve this service particularly if they continue to charge. We had no offer of a re-fund nor an apology which I found particularly bad.
- The Hire of products such as a Iron and ironing board are at a fee and provided by an external company. I have always had these either in my room or on request at other hotels.

We would not return to this hotel, as it is somewhat overshadowed by neighbouring hotels.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family