“Brilliant family fun!”

Villa Mandi Golf Resort
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Los Cristianos
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Just returned and had to write a good review.

Had a lovely week with my husband and two boys (aged 3 and 6)

Lovely pool side room, very spacious. Food a little sanely, but still good.

It is the entertainment team that really make this hotel great! Whole day of fun for all, but no pressure to join in if you just wanted to relax.

Was very sad to leave! X

Room Tip: Room 130, right by the pool and restaurant, but no noise issue.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,015)

Reviewed 26 August 2014

Excellent family resort, could not recommend more, we had a fantastic time at the resort, our room was lovely thank you villa mandi and Thomson! Only thing I would say is go self-catering you can always eat in the restaurant anyway if you decide to but eating out in the nearby towns is nice and easy :)

Room Tip: Go self-catering! My only tip :)
2  Thank Magi T
Reviewed 22 August 2014

The hotel was much better than i was expecting after reading reviews on here. Rooms were large and clean, hotel grounds were well kept, staff were friendly. We went half board but after 2 weeks the food did get a bit boring but there was a lot of choice and it was well cooked. The walk to town was quicker than i thought and that was with a 7 and 9 yr old. We had no problem getting a sunbed but parrasols were harder to get. The 'waste land' everyone refers to is not that bad...there are roads and pavements to walk on with undeveloped land at the sides. We went to siam park and lorro park. I wouldnt bother with lorro again but definitely do siam and pay extra for fast pass or you will spend the day queing. We stayed in room 301 overlooking golf course and i would ask for this room again. Will definitely take the family here again.

Room Tip: Our room had a huge balcony overlooking golf course. It was very quiet and private. Room 301.
2  Thank lisa b
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We were very impressed with the size of our ground floor 1 bed apartment and travelling with 2 boys aged 7 and 4 we expected them to be sleeping on sofa beds but there was bunk beds all made up for us on arrival which took nothing away from the space in the living area. Yes the kitchen are was small but i was on holiday and any excuse not to cook was welcome;-)
We did walk into Los Crstianos a few times but it was a bit far for the little one so we either used the courtesy bus or walked the 50 metres up the road to the taxi rank. Some taxi drivers did have a magic button that they liked to press to add on supplements but if you point our the fare charges that they have stated on the window they will backtrack.
We went to Loro Parque and Siam park both booked thru Thomsons and had a great time at both tho the trip to Loro Parque does take about 90 mins there and back but that doesn't detract.
Our weather was fantasic and we had no problem getting sunloungers by the pool. Yes there are people queuing up at 9am to bag their lounger but the lifeguard tends to do a swoop of towels between 10 and 11am if the sunloungers aren't beng used - fair enough if you ask me,
Stafff were fantastic and the level of enteratinment around the pool was just right. Nobody was forced to participate and it wasn't in your face but if you did join in it was great fun.
My kids used the drop in club at kids club each day and the 11.30-1.30 session was perfect for getting them a break from the midday sun, but the days we went to the beach the 4-6pm session allowed them time to chill out and unwind before dinner. Ketchup katie became a firm favourite with our boys ;-) but all the sataff were great.
Pools were a good size, not too big and easy to keep an eye on your child. restaurant was ok, didn't eat there much but staff were always friendly and choice was good. We did order takeaway pizzas form the bar a couple of nights and these were great tho the reps will also give you details and help if you wish to order from external takeaways.
The hotel and overall experience exceeded our expectations and we didn't want to leave at the end of our 2 weeks. Would def return tho i fear in a few years time my oldest son may have outgrown some of the activiteis.

Room Tip: Our ground floor room had a massive patio and overlooked the kids playpark, it was nice and quiet an...
1  Thank Jen G
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

This was our 3rd visit (2010 & 2011) for a family of four for 2 weeks. I did email the hotel before we came out asking for particular rooms, I didn't get the room I wanted but we were placed in the right area by the park. The room we got allocated was so nice, I didn't bother asking to try and get the room I wanted. As it was our 3rd visit, we were still remembered by some of the staff and they were as friendly as before.

The rooms had been updated, but not the kitchen, and are basic but it didn't spoil the experience. As it was large, we were lucky enough to have a bunk bed in the room for our kids, so we didn't get kicked off the sofa for them to sleep on.

As a family we enjoyed getting ready in the evenings to go out for dinner in LC or PDLA, the 15 minute walk was enjoyable and gave us a chance to talk about the day. As we ate well and were too full for walking back, we made use of the friendly taxis to get us back. We loved eating at The Hard Rock in PDLA and The Chill Out in LC.

Did have to get up every morning at 8.30 to get to the pool by at least 8.45-8.50 to get the sun loungers in the spot that you wanted. You could not actually put your towels down until 9 although one of the maintenance man would tell you to move if you were by the loungers but the other one would allow you to sit on them until he'd finished. Sometimes the dishy lifeguard did take away towels and put them in reception but then other days he didn't. So hit and miss with being lucky with your towels still being where you left them.

Went to Siam park in the first week and again in the second, and if I had taken more money to the park on our first visit, I could've saved money buying tickets for the following week as the offer is not just to return the next day but you have up to 14 days to return. But you can only get the tickets as you leave.

Overall we had a lovely lazy time here and we have more great memories of this holiday at Villa Mandi.

Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Son9605
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

Just had 2 weeks at the villa mandi. My first trip back to Tenerife since my clubbing days, this time with 2 young kids & elderly mum in tow

Overall we've had a great holiday and no real complaints. The kids club & reps were fantastic and I think work hard on making the holiday enjoyable for the whole family. The more you participate the more I think you get out of the holiday
Donut dan & fab ab would bend over backwards to sort out any issue no matter how small. The ladies around the pool are always up for a laugh and the kids club made my 2 boys holidays with all their fun & games

The pools are good & we used the upper pool the whole time as it was easier to keep an eye on kids and as it's a relatively small resort there was no shortage of other children or adults willing to join in the games or water fights. Just be aware the ground gets super hot and can be slippy. Both figured out the hard way!

The room was one of the largest I've stayed in but kitchen area was poor and as I was half board didn't really use it much. Only one socket for example so can't use kettle/ toaster at same time! The cleaning was ok but I found if I wanted beds/ towels changed they were done promptly. I did expect washing cloths/ fairy or something as had that previously. Wasn't expecting to fork out to buy some basics which was probably my only real niggle

I liked the location being so far out of town & didn't mind the taxi . Don't feel I missed out on anything

The staff were very friendly at the hotel and always willing to help. I found the food OK. Not the best I've had at a Thomson resort but not the worst I've had. No real complaints although if you were vegetarian I think you'd struggle. I do think half board was a cheaper option than self catering. Once we'd had breakfast, only needed a light lunch/ snack to tide us thro till dinner

My boys are missing it already and there were a few sad faces & tears as they left.

Lots of great memories of the villa mandi

One item to note. If you are going to Loro Parque try & do it under your own steam. V expensive, not enough time and it's packed and Organised trip allows only 6 hours when park is actually open 10 hours. It's not enough time to get around everything/ see the shows without being on a regimented time schedule and don't stop for food or loo breaks! Felt a bit cheated on this.

I also found out that I paid full adult price for my mum but she would have got a senior price at the gate on all the trips. So I'll be taking it up with Thomsons

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Sam_Swindon
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This was out third trip to the Villa Mandi, having stayed there in 2010 and 2011. We were pleased to be alllocated the room we requested by emailing the hotel directly before travelling. The rooms have been updated slightly since our last vist, with new couch, curtains and headboards. Unfortunately, they haven't updated the 'kitchenette' area and this alongwith the dining table is showing its age. if you're planning on doing some self catering, be aware that there is no normal oven - you just get a 2 ring hob, microwave, kettle, fridge and toaster. There is no freezer (apart from a tiny slot to freeze ice-cubes.

The air con in the rooms cools them well and can be left running by putting any regular card in the slot (doesn't have to be a key card).

The pool is nice, but you have to be standing by your sun bed by 8:30am to get your preferred position. The maintenance man won't let you put towels down until 9am though. Att least it means you don't have to get up at 6am to get your loungers, but it does mean hanging around for half an hour. They have also put some anti-slip surfacing around the pool area (it was very sllippy on our last visits and there were some accidents.)

Staff were very friendly (both Thomson and hotel staff)

On site shop is well stocked, but the Mercadona is cheaper and only a 10-15 minute walk. A lot of people may not like tthe fact that the hotel is not in the centre, but this does mean it is quiet. Taxi is only 5 Euros into Los Cris and there is also a courtesy bus at 10:30 and 11:30.

Avoid the restaurant. Very poor quality and limited choice of food. My recommendation is to stroll down into Los Cristianos and eat at one of the many restaurants. Little Italy diagonally opposite the Mercadona is very good, with friendly staff.

Lunchtime snacks were poor too and the portions were tiny. Best idea is to prepare some snacks, buy drinks from the shop and take it down to the pool with you in a cool bag. Saves a lot of money too. The shop also serves delicious pain-au-chocolates fresh from the oven.

Thomson reps were good, but Thomson seem to have reduced the number of kids activities over the years - no football training, no swim lessons, no Razzmataz.

Beer and wine reasonably priced.

Overall, we would recommend - but avoid the food.

Room Tip: Avoid the restaurant food.
3  Thank Dave W
#8 of 13 in Los Cristianos
Checkin Bungalows Atlantida
Checkin Bungalows Atlantida
#11 of 13 in Los Cristianos

Been to Villa Mandi Golf Resort? Share your experiences!