Granada Park Apartments
US$214
Sol Arona Tenerife(Los Cristianos)
US$102
US$128
US$123
HotelQuickly
  • Pool
Hotel Mar y Sol(Los Cristianos)
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
Villa Mandi Golf Resort(Los Cristianos)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,880 results
All reviewsanimation guyanimal showsfree busprivate roof terracewater polochicken nuggetspool barlas americasmini golfbad reviewsextra pillowsplenty of sunbedsfussy eatergreat holidayhonest reviewtaxi rideevening entertainment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 May 2014

As a well travelled holiday maker holidaying 2 or 3 times a year, I have stopped all over Spain and the Canaries and never before have I felt so compelled to write a review on a hotel for been so poor.
On arrival the first impressions of the hotel complex are good as it looks quite modern set in well kept grounds but then its all down hill from there. So here goes for my first ever review and the full run down of the hotel.

Accommodation:
The hotel rooms are quite spacious with a well equipped kitchen and decent dinning area and just like the hotel the first impressions are good. Unfortunately the double bed is 2 singles pushed together like most other budget hotels through out Europe, the mattress's on which are wafer thin and I'm sure they must have been stuffed with house bricks, all the bedding and towels had the distinct smell of vinegar and to top it off there were rumours of bed bugs, which meant a whole week of itching my skin off just at the thought. (be sure to pack plenty of anti-histamines) A good old session on the beer is the only way to get a truly decent nights sleep.

Facilities:
The pool was decent and fairly quiet which was nice but if coming at the height of the season it would easily become over crowded. make sure your up early to bag your self a sun parasol as there is only about 8 or 9 and the intense heat will have you running for the shade. Stay away from the attempt of a crazy golf course which has the added obstacles of ripped carpets to aim around. There is a small games room with a pool table, air hockey and table football. There is also pay as you go wi-fi which I would avoid as it is not cheap 1 euro for half an hour up to 45 euros for 2 weeks and it is slower than slow. we paid for half an hour so we could have a look on trip advisor for a decent restaurant to try and it failed to load up the pages quick enough to find one before it expired.

Restaurant and bar:
As you have probably already read just avoid the restaurant full stop! If you can afford to eat out as the food is terrible morning day and night. I'll leave it at that for the restaurant I wont keep banging on about how inedible the food was ill just recommend the safari complex in Los Americas for anything decent to eat it has about 6 very smart, clean reasonably priced places on the top floor and is only 5 euros in a taxi or a 15-20 minute walk.
The bar is ok decent lager for an all inclusive hotel, the spirits are just cheap local stuff which they make up for with enormous measures again to be expected with most all inclusive's in and around Spain. The bar though closes at 23:00 on the dot! The doors are closed at 22:50 so if you haven't got your last drink by then your out of luck. It also doesn't open till 11:00 and the restaurant closes at 10:00 after breakfast forcing you to buy drinks from the shop inside the hotel if you need a drink.

Animation team:
What a joke. Its more bad news I'm afraid, in the 7 days that we stayed there was 1 game of water polo, 1 game of killer pool and some bloke who walked around the pool and asked you to try and catch a stick when he dropped it before it hit the floor. That was it in the whole week that we stayed, not daily weekly!

Staff:
They aren't much kop as they don't speak a word of English, The maid never swept our room the entire time we stayed and I had to go and get fresh towels and bedding every couple of days from reception as the maid didn't change them on her rounds, in fact I'm not sure what she did on her rounds. If it wasn't for the fact that I saw her mouching about I would swear that there wasn't one.

Evening entertainment:
The moment that you go to the bar and lay eyes on the bar for the very first time you know not to expect much in the way of evening shows. My advice would be to start drinking as early as possible to make the night as forgettable as possible. We witnessed 3 fashion shows in 5 days with all the latest lines fresh out of Primark. They then try and get you to buy these over priced garments as well as begging for drinks and I quote "If anyone wants to fetch me a drink please do cos I love drinking". there was also a free game of bingo for the prize of a free drink, yes you read that right a free drink from the free all inclusive bar! all in all the entertainment was a pile of s#!t.

Don't think that these are the views of a stuck up snob who normally stays at a better class hotel as this was the general view of everyone we spoke to while we were there. I think it is safe to say that we will not be returning to Granada park and if you haven't booked yet but are thinking about it save yourself the disappointment and your hard earned cash and book somewhere else!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
13  Thank leeowen1982
Reviewed 18 May 2014

firstly it was my sons birthday, they made him a lovely cake in the flavor he liked and wrote happy 10th birthday and my lads name on it, soryah the receptionist even brought candles from home for me and lent me an adapter plug as i forgot mine, migel the entertainer and angel the life guard played in the pool with my lad, got the slides out when it was'nt slide day and were bigger kids then the kids was nice to watch and my lad loved it, Nathalia the bar maid was lovely, as was tony oliver gregory gregorio, juan alex... gregorio even wrote the best honey rum down for me as he knew i loved it ..... If you are nice to people they are nice... it was a quiet hotel and yes the bar does shut but if you get extra drinks before 11 its fine they just give plastic cups and ask that you keep the noise down as its a family hotel, we had a fantastic time, there was plenty of varied salads 1 meat dish and 1 fish dish at lunch and dinner and at breakfast there was a selection of continental or english breakfast there was chips , meats, rolls and pastrys available all day you are a ten min walk up a hill, its 5 euros in a taxi. the cleaning staff , and chefs were all lovely , I have no fault with the hotel other then the odd fly and ants but they made effort to get rid if there was a problem. The apartment was a nice size, had a nice balcony a nice marble bathroom kitchenette , and living room. All staff pretty much made our stay lovely and went out of their way to help us. My boy wants to go back to the granada park next year and im up for it too because the staff were amazing. I have seen the bad reviews my opinion is you get treated how you treat others, its what you make it and if you dont like the food go supermarket and buy yourself burgers and try learning the staffs names and being nice , your experience will be as nice as ours was ;)

Room Tip: the rooms are pretty much all the same
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank sarah s
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Firstly this is not a holiday resort it's timeshares, I don't know where to start, the staff are rude, the bar closes at 11pm on the dot, drinks are taken from you, and you are told to move away from the bar terrace area! They don't like you getting a drink! It seems the all inclusive isn't all inclusive! The breakfast is the best thing all day, but the sausages are cheap horrible sausages and the bacon is terrible, the bar serves you snacks at 12 yuk one big serving dish of chips and under cooked hotdogs, that's it!!!!!!!! If I was with my children I won't of changed hotels immediately all they serve for children is chips!!!!!, and the pool slide is only out for half hour a day which they blow up and then put down, I went with Thompson, and it seems to me they do the min requirement to make it on to their books , I have also making a complaint to them, as I don't think they should be offering this hotel, the entaintaintment is awful, they show a few lizards and parrots at 8 o'clock and then they have two girls doing a fashion show, who want you to buy their clothes, it's all top show when you arrive it looks nice but by day two it all starts to show, oh and they only have about 8 sun parasols so get them early or it's 3 degree burns, finally they also take hen parties and stag dos, so I would make a phone call and check if you have any staying during your stay, you might be able to change your hotel, we had 3, we complained to our rep, and I know others did, we were told we were lucky as the other hotel had 5! This is because plays de Americas is now only doing half board and the hens and stags want inclusive please please think about changing this hotel as I would hate anyone having to go there as there holiday! You have been warned xx

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
8  Thank Michelle G
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Stayed for a one weeks half board break over Easter holidays(2014) with Jet2. The apartment was great with a very large balcony and lovely views. Accommodation and public areas were very clean and tidy. Reception and room cleaning staff very helpful and friendly.
The rest of the experience was not as good - the Granada Park is a lovely complex but to far away from the main resort. I would not recommend walking to the main resort in the evening - dark, waste land (people living in make shift houses) and intimidating you can get a taxi for 3 -7 Euro. The food was very basic, little choice and not of good quality. One night the chief did some show cooking (chicken) I took a piece of chicken and as I put it on my plate I noticed that the chicken was raw on the underside I approached a waiter and he indicated for me to give it to the chief to cook again, I said no and asked him to put it in the bin which he reluctantly did but was not observed speaking to the chief afterwards. After this day we only ate crusty bread cheese and tinned peaches. The night after another holiday maker complained to a waiter about the food which ended in a stand up argument in the dining room and the waiter escorted him out (not professional). When we arrived towels were white and soft when they were changed 2 days later they were awful - clean but grey and flat (needed to be in the bin) disappointing.
could be a great if they address food.

Room Tip: corner apartment - large, sunny with great views
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MnT10
Reviewed 4 May 2014

went to Granada park for 7 days and nere the 7th day started to get board because the lack of entertanment for day and night. the food was Average couldnt get a hot drink with my lunch ore my dinner at night in the restraunt the bar at night could esele stay open till 12 we think 11 oclock was just a little bit early on closeing. The supermarket could of had a lot more range of products.it would of been nice to go to the bar and order a free sluch puppy only to be told it was not for free it was 1.50 uro i would have to think twice about comeing back to Granada park.the best thing about the holiday was the Apartments very nice and clean and tidy cleaners did a great job.

Room Tip: Room 153 Room on the top was less noise
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple