“Overall happy with with the place...”

Granada Park Apartments
“Overall happy with with the place...”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

stayed here in january15th-21st with my girlfriend was very happy with the place and my dad,sister and her friend stayed here aswell in a different apartment. overall the Accommodation was spacious, clean, comfortable and well maintained.the Location is abit far out but nothin a short taxi ride wont sort out. The food was ok and there was something to suit everyone.The bar closed at 11pm the drinks r good. bar staff are amazing people here.(well they was to us) have a good time well i liked it anyway that much we're goin back next march for 10days. but come on people you make your holiday your own. if you read the stuff on here then book it and come back and bang on it's your own fault. anyway love the place....

Room Tip: we were in room 201 that was HUGE outside.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Bradys81

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (427)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Ireland, West Virginia
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We did look at reviews before booking this location and hotel, which were very mixed and some bad reviews were completely unfounded.

It was difficult to try and suit our party of 5 ranging from 2 years to 72 years and we were aware of the distance to the main resort, but did hope there was something in between, but there are no cafes, restaurants or pubs nearby which you might be looking for, for a change ect..

We all arrived not knowing what to expect after the contradictory reviews and was pleasantly surprised with the whole set up and aesthetics. It was immediately evident that all apparments were privately owned.

Accommodation was spacious, clean, comfortable and well maintained. My only complaint was my snoring room mate!! like a train all night!! : )

There are three pools with lots of space this time of year, cleaned thoroughly daily. There is no play area for the smallies; a swing, slide and seesaw would have been great and that just for me! Besides the pools there's just a couple of pool tables, but we were all happy with the pools.

The food was okay and there was something to suit us all but only hot drinks at breakfast but they were nothing to shout about. Coffee was rough tbh. There was a good variety at every sitting but could have been hotter. If fussy, especially children, you could be living on chips for the week!! Bar snacks were either chips, hotdogs, pizza with salad and fruit. There were no fridges or freezers dotted around the complex for water/ icecreams which were only available in the restaurant and could not be taken out... that was mean!

The bar closed promptly at 11pm we sussed that first night so was well stocked up by then and we were never moved on. Drinks for inclusive the same as everywhere else, local beer (was lovely) and spirits. No complaints. Oh yeah, except for the fat mouse behind the bar, when pointed out to staff was laughed at... I'm terrified of mice...arghhhhh!!!

Don't bank on any sort of entertainment, very little during the day and nothing for two days! Three nights of dancers, not my thing, a fashion show : O WFT! But we did have a good night when a reggae singer was on and the little one loved the birds and reptiles. I was disappointed that there was no entertainment for the children, a disco and actions songs would have been ideal... and I had been practising all week... ah well! We actually went to the next door hotel, Oasis, some nights and gatecrashed their children's entertainment so I could strut my stuff!

The staff were a mixed bag, one extreme to the other, either extremely helpful, pleasant and polite or rude miserable and ignorant. Two barmen were particularly rude one even complaining about the "F%^&king English" !! not good! And couldn't break a smile if he tried. But, the lovely lifeguard Angel and Migel were fantastic staff as were other barstaff, chefs etc.. Tis a shame the bad ones stand out.

Overall, all of our party was happy, we ate well, drank well, hic, and played well... I had a great holiday with lovely company. Would recommend a boat trip to see whales/dolphins.

Room Tip: Most rooms have pool view.. don't pay for one.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Trasmic
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Me and my family are appalled at our stay in this resort ,

We r not picky and we r a generally down to earth family we went here with out two teenage draughters and we were very upset , there was nothing for them to do at all ... Entertainment was just absolutely unbelievable there is quite a lot of private / timeshare apartments in this complex, making the resort like a ghost town !! not a family enviroment at all ,one elderly couple complained when my daughter was using a volly ball in the pool, I just could not believe it,

The food quality was average but be aware there is little but no choice of food, my girls eat nothing at all other than chips for 12 days, we did see a family of cockroach in the dining
area above our table!! This put me off eating all together for the remainder of the stay!! My daughter pointed out a cockroach on the snacks in the
Bar area!!

The staff are all male and to be honest not very friendly! I found this put a bad atmosphere around familys too!!

Now the rooms were cleaned well and I did not find the towels to be bad but they are desperately in need of a refurb! The beds however were horrendous I have never ever known anything like it, no sleep for 11 nights , my husband slept on the coach bed every night !!
We r all gutted and don't even feel like We have had a holiday!!

Please take note of these bad reviews before you book!! It will be worth paying your money for another good three star hotel !! I have been to 3 and 5 stars this is the worst Iv ever known ever! I would never return here and I don't think many people do either!
What can I say ? It's ok for a few young lads and lasses who want to get there head down!!
Just a note as well we paid a great deal for this holiday with jet 2 so it's not a case of u get what u pay for either!!

• Stayed May 2014
9 Thank Katty34

Travellers are raving about these Los Cristianos hotels

Bedford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 May 2014

decent place to stay for the price, reception people were nice, lots of food but cold. bed was not comfortable, we went in January, can be chilly at night with blanket they provide. location is nice and quiet. they do have evening entertainment which can be loud but it ends 11pm, so all good. we spent most of our time out of hotel, so our expectations were low.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Obi C
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

As a well travelled holiday maker holidaying 2 or 3 times a year, I have stopped all over Spain and the Canaries and never before have I felt so compelled to write a review on a hotel for been so poor.
On arrival the first impressions of the hotel complex are good as it looks quite modern set in well kept grounds but then its all down hill from there. So here goes for my first ever review and the full run down of the hotel.

Accommodation:
The hotel rooms are quite spacious with a well equipped kitchen and decent dinning area and just like the hotel the first impressions are good. Unfortunately the double bed is 2 singles pushed together like most other budget hotels through out Europe, the mattress's on which are wafer thin and I'm sure they must have been stuffed with house bricks, all the bedding and towels had the distinct smell of vinegar and to top it off there were rumours of bed bugs, which meant a whole week of itching my skin off just at the thought. (be sure to pack plenty of anti-histamines) A good old session on the beer is the only way to get a truly decent nights sleep.

Facilities:
The pool was decent and fairly quiet which was nice but if coming at the height of the season it would easily become over crowded. make sure your up early to bag your self a sun parasol as there is only about 8 or 9 and the intense heat will have you running for the shade. Stay away from the attempt of a crazy golf course which has the added obstacles of ripped carpets to aim around. There is a small games room with a pool table, air hockey and table football. There is also pay as you go wi-fi which I would avoid as it is not cheap 1 euro for half an hour up to 45 euros for 2 weeks and it is slower than slow. we paid for half an hour so we could have a look on trip advisor for a decent restaurant to try and it failed to load up the pages quick enough to find one before it expired.

Restaurant and bar:
As you have probably already read just avoid the restaurant full stop! If you can afford to eat out as the food is terrible morning day and night. I'll leave it at that for the restaurant I wont keep banging on about how inedible the food was ill just recommend the safari complex in Los Americas for anything decent to eat it has about 6 very smart, clean reasonably priced places on the top floor and is only 5 euros in a taxi or a 15-20 minute walk.
The bar is ok decent lager for an all inclusive hotel, the spirits are just cheap local stuff which they make up for with enormous measures again to be expected with most all inclusive's in and around Spain. The bar though closes at 23:00 on the dot! The doors are closed at 22:50 so if you haven't got your last drink by then your out of luck. It also doesn't open till 11:00 and the restaurant closes at 10:00 after breakfast forcing you to buy drinks from the shop inside the hotel if you need a drink.

Animation team:
What a joke. Its more bad news I'm afraid, in the 7 days that we stayed there was 1 game of water polo, 1 game of killer pool and some bloke who walked around the pool and asked you to try and catch a stick when he dropped it before it hit the floor. That was it in the whole week that we stayed, not daily weekly!

Staff:
They aren't much kop as they don't speak a word of English, The maid never swept our room the entire time we stayed and I had to go and get fresh towels and bedding every couple of days from reception as the maid didn't change them on her rounds, in fact I'm not sure what she did on her rounds. If it wasn't for the fact that I saw her mouching about I would swear that there wasn't one.

Evening entertainment:
The moment that you go to the bar and lay eyes on the bar for the very first time you know not to expect much in the way of evening shows. My advice would be to start drinking as early as possible to make the night as forgettable as possible. We witnessed 3 fashion shows in 5 days with all the latest lines fresh out of Primark. They then try and get you to buy these over priced garments as well as begging for drinks and I quote "If anyone wants to fetch me a drink please do cos I love drinking". there was also a free game of bingo for the prize of a free drink, yes you read that right a free drink from the free all inclusive bar! all in all the entertainment was a pile of s#!t.

Don't think that these are the views of a stuck up snob who normally stays at a better class hotel as this was the general view of everyone we spoke to while we were there. I think it is safe to say that we will not be returning to Granada park and if you haven't booked yet but are thinking about it save yourself the disappointment and your hard earned cash and book somewhere else!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
13 Thank leeowen1982
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

firstly it was my sons birthday, they made him a lovely cake in the flavor he liked and wrote happy 10th birthday and my lads name on it, soryah the receptionist even brought candles from home for me and lent me an adapter plug as i forgot mine, migel the entertainer and angel the life guard played in the pool with my lad, got the slides out when it was'nt slide day and were bigger kids then the kids was nice to watch and my lad loved it, Nathalia the bar maid was lovely, as was tony oliver gregory gregorio, juan alex... gregorio even wrote the best honey rum down for me as he knew i loved it ..... If you are nice to people they are nice... it was a quiet hotel and yes the bar does shut but if you get extra drinks before 11 its fine they just give plastic cups and ask that you keep the noise down as its a family hotel, we had a fantastic time, there was plenty of varied salads 1 meat dish and 1 fish dish at lunch and dinner and at breakfast there was a selection of continental or english breakfast there was chips , meats, rolls and pastrys available all day you are a ten min walk up a hill, its 5 euros in a taxi. the cleaning staff , and chefs were all lovely , I have no fault with the hotel other then the odd fly and ants but they made effort to get rid if there was a problem. The apartment was a nice size, had a nice balcony a nice marble bathroom kitchenette , and living room. All staff pretty much made our stay lovely and went out of their way to help us. My boy wants to go back to the granada park next year and im up for it too because the staff were amazing. I have seen the bad reviews my opinion is you get treated how you treat others, its what you make it and if you dont like the food go supermarket and buy yourself burgers and try learning the staffs names and being nice , your experience will be as nice as ours was ;)

Room Tip: the rooms are pretty much all the same
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank sarah s
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Firstly this is not a holiday resort it's timeshares, I don't know where to start, the staff are rude, the bar closes at 11pm on the dot, drinks are taken from you, and you are told to move away from the bar terrace area! They don't like you getting a drink! It seems the all inclusive isn't all inclusive! The breakfast is the best thing all day, but the sausages are cheap horrible sausages and the bacon is terrible, the bar serves you snacks at 12 yuk one big serving dish of chips and under cooked hotdogs, that's it!!!!!!!! If I was with my children I won't of changed hotels immediately all they serve for children is chips!!!!!, and the pool slide is only out for half hour a day which they blow up and then put down, I went with Thompson, and it seems to me they do the min requirement to make it on to their books , I have also making a complaint to them, as I don't think they should be offering this hotel, the entaintaintment is awful, they show a few lizards and parrots at 8 o'clock and then they have two girls doing a fashion show, who want you to buy their clothes, it's all top show when you arrive it looks nice but by day two it all starts to show, oh and they only have about 8 sun parasols so get them early or it's 3 degree burns, finally they also take hen parties and stag dos, so I would make a phone call and check if you have any staying during your stay, you might be able to change your hotel, we had 3, we complained to our rep, and I know others did, we were told we were lucky as the other hotel had 5! This is because plays de Americas is now only doing half board and the hens and stags want inclusive please please think about changing this hotel as I would hate anyone having to go there as there holiday! You have been warned xx

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Mediterranean Palace Hotel
Mediterranean Palace Hotel
#28 of 59 in Playa de las Americas
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,863 reviews

Been to Granada Park Apartments? Share your experiences!