“A good base for exploring and comfortable to stay in”

and 1 more site!
Granada Park Apartments
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Our apartment was very spacious for two and would not have been cramped for four if we had been using the sofa bed as well. There was a balcony overlooking the pool, where we usually had breakfast, and some of the roof terrace was quite private and not overlooked. There was a good fridge/freezer and oven and, with a bit of improvisation, enough kitchen equipment to cook meals not just snacks. Spacious bathroom with bath (although we were asked to act green and use the shower) and sitting room.
The pool was clean, and the area around it mopped up each morning very efficiently by an army of cleaners. We never had any difficulty getting a sun bed
and we enjoyed the flower beds and palm trees around the pool area.
There was parking space nearby and always taxis available. It was about 20 mins walk (without children) to LosChristianos centre and the beach.
There was an office and sales team for Eze Group, selling a type of points based holiday or lifestyle club, within the complex so you may wish to research them before you go.

• Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank -medvem-
There are newer reviews for Granada Park Apartments

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Just returned from our honeymoon at this apartment. It's was amazing. Not to mention fantastic value for money. To start with we arrived later than planned due to airport delays but the staff were helpful and put fresh drinking water in the fridge as the all inclusive had finished. The apartment was clean, modern, well equipped and far better than expected. The food was fantastic with great choices and plenty of time allocation so no one was cramming in to eat. Bar staff were friendly and the drink choices good. It closes bang on 11 so get your drinks before. The pool area was clean tidy and if you get up at a decent hour you will get a sunbed!! It has decent not fantastic nightlife but passable. The location is far out but a free coach is available to and from the beach!! A taxi will cost 5-6 euros each way so not bad. But at night it's peaceful and quiet. Would I go again??? Already planning next year. If you want 4-5* hotels go and pay for it. This is a brilliant 3* in my opinion...

Room Tip: As for a pool view you will not be disappointed
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Emsandy14
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Arrival: Reception - Vague. Given map to find apartment in the dark (late arrival).
Not good at map reading especially in the dark. Dodgy lock on apartment
door. Had to ask neighbour to assist otherwise would have faced trying to
find way back to reception in the dark.
Accommodation: Basic
Cleanliness: Basic - I believe that the towels in the rooms were originally white.
Food: Edible, Limited Choice, Repetitive
Snack Bar: If in UK would have breached Trade Description Act
Alcohol: Spirits - not sure I got any in my drinks (fortunately I rarely drink alcohol). Ice
the size of the icebergs in small plastic cups gives the illusion that alcohol
has been added to the drink. One in our party thought the 'drinks' were
designed to make the guests go into town and therefore the GP profited
more from all inclusive guests.
Juices: Never mind the colour, play name the flavour
Pools: Open 10 am - 6 pm
Entertainment: Parrot Show, Reptile Show, Wild Bird Show and endless Fashion (Ladies
and girls) Shows - clothes cheaper to buy in town. A couple of really good
entertainers. Some average, and some not very good.

Some organised pool activity for older children. 'Killer' table pool.
Nothing for little children and with evening shows starting at 9 pm the parrot
and reptile shows were on much too late. All designed to get parents to buy
photographs!
Mini Golf - free with 5 Euro returnable deposit. Even Tiger Woods would
have struggled with this facility. Dirty, broken and hazardous.
MC/Events Organiser: Given that he had little to work with he did a great
job with the children and the evening talent.

Additional Costs: Games Room, Pool Tables an Air Hockey at 1 Euro a shot.
Wifi connection that takes your money but does not provide a service.
Internet Connection at 1 Euro for half an hour.

Location: Up a hill like the Jet2.com brochure advises. A very big hill.
Taxis cost from 5 euros in an out of town. We travelled in a convey of
three taxis and on no journey did any of the taxis cost the same. There
were add ons for number of passengers and number of bags being
carried
Exchange Rate: Hotel was giving 1.05 euro to the GBP. Rate in town 1.23 to 1.25.

Overall Review: We were a party of 7 adults and three children (one child paying adult
price). Food tastes varied across the group and for the children the choice
was poor. My sister and brother-in-law take three holidays a year (lucky
them) so one could assume they know good value and good hotels.
However since returning home I have arranged for both of them to undergo
psychiatric evaluation because anyone who considers the GP to be good
needs their head examined.

Nearly everyone I spoke with from the UK were bitterly disappointed with
the GP on a number of levels. I paid over £1000 for my non
alcohol drinking 12 year old grandson (flying from
Glasgow on an adult fare) plus all the additional costs of keeping him
occupied with the internet and games room and trips (taxis) into town
to get him something to eat (he's not a fussy eater), soon turned this
holiday into a more expensive trip than I had budgeted for.

I feel totally ripped off my Jet2.com. I do not understand how they can
charge an adult fare for a 12 year old given they are well aware that the
GP is a substandard facility. Of course tour companies have to profit but
in my opinion this package was blatant profiteering.

If you are a fan of the GP and are planning a return trip I would recommend
that you cut out the tour operator. I would have made a substantial
saving if I had booked this hotel directly; the GP advertises on their
website that children eat free (probably on the basis that they already
know that the majority of children eat very little given the limited choice).
Even with transport costs to and from the airport, eating out and taxi costs
I would have made a substantial saving. I would have felt less pain if I had
been stung by one hundred bees!

And if from the UK take your own tea bags!

I

Room Tip: Consider another hotel - this one is at the top of a very long hill, little by way of kid activities...
3  Thank jew62
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The two of us really enjoyed!! our first holiday together arrived in tenerife on our way to the hotel only to be very happy passing through other stop offs for the other hotels to be dropped off in granada park we approached reception and was greeted very kindly and told everything we needed to know about are holiday, only thing was we didn't get shown to our room and was difficult at first to find but found it eventually , walking in to our apartment we was pleasantly surprised massive room and a massive balcony amazing view of each part of Tenerife Los cristianos and playa de las Americas, straight away we went for food as it was mid day and lunch was still being served not a lot of choice but enough for what a three star would offer you and everything that was there was delicious and different every day, all staff were really polite everyday and always happy although sometimes tea wasn't amazing but again it's a THREE STAR you get what you pay for and more and we had no problems with that. All the day entertainment was really good with Miguel the entertainer coming round the pool all day offering different games to play in and out of the water ,the life guard was really polite and got involved with the games as we'll and was always chatty to you as we'll as watching the pool coming to the entertainment in the night it was different to any other I have experienced animal shows to start the night with a huge range of different animals from parrots, snakes to lizards and owls they was all great after that I thought the entertainment was very poor and didn't enjoy most of the acts apart from the dancers who was very pleasing to the eye all the bar staff were really polite throughout the night up until eleven o'clock wether you had a drink or not the doors were shut and I mean shut, slamming the doors and closing the bar for the night without any announcement to get last orders but over all the holiday was one of the best holidays I've had everything is good and what you pay for and couldn't not fault the hotel

• Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank Timmmmmmy
Reviewed 17 July 2014

went for 2 week,all inclusive,with family, reception very helpfull, apartment clean, cleaned everyday, overlooking pools and bar, good choice of food, if you want 2 lounge round the pool, get up early and get ya towels on,entertaiment every night, some good, some bad, miguel the rep was fantastic, kept every1 entertained, every1 friendly, made some friends, only 15 walk 2 los cristianos, and beaches, didnt know there woz a bus available, went to siam park twice, great park,deadly waterslides,will go again to granada park, didnt want 2 go home, don,t understand the negatives,only negatives i have is paying for wifi, and the beer, so i drunk cocktails, stan

3  Thank Stan M
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Just spent the first two weeks of July at Granada Park with 3 teenagers, 19 and two 15. The apartments were great, plenty of room and balconies good sizes Even though there was no air conditioning I found that it cooled down during the night so the ceiling fan was adequate. Food was nice, yes the assortment wasn't big but I found it tasty and was impressed that even though pasta was served at lunch and dinner the sauce was always different and very tasty. Chicken and steaks were beautiful, I always found the food hot, my kids are fussy so lived on chips but it was only for 2 weeks. Drinks very nice, cocktails on tap as well as spirits and beer - easy to get drunk!! Evening entertainment average but not as poor as some make it out to be - stop being so miserable and enjoy yourself!! Miguel was fun and was very enthusiastic. On the whole the staff were great, one or two a bit miserable, however, that may be something to do with ignorant holiday makers who think that these people are invisible so do not acknowledge them, I was at the bar on numerous occasions and noticed that people did not say please or thank you when asking for drinks, to me that is just plain rude. if you try to make an effort say hola and gracias and speak to the house keepers who work so hard you might find that after a couple of days they speak to you first, after all they work their butts off for crap wages to look after people, some who are quite simply just rude, arrogant and bad mannered!! Sunbeds cause quite a few ruffled feathers, I went down every day at 8.00am and put out 4 towels, I then got a coffee and sat with the beds until my kids surfaced about 9.30, I enjoyed this time to myself and it was pleasantly cool and quiet. During the first week quite a few people stayed with their sunbeds but the second week I found that most people just "towelled" up and then didn't come back for hours - that is just plain selfish and causes bad feeling. Siam Park is brilliant but definitely recommend that you get there before 10.00 as it gets crazy busy. We had a great fortnight just chilling by the pool where the WIFI is accessible VITAL to teenagers!!! even though it cost 40 euros for two weeks per device, in my case it was money well spent as the kids were ecstatic!! My only complaint would be the beds - the two in my apartment were very lumpy and a spring kept digging into my leg so I just slept on the edge, and more than one pillow would have been nice, but apart from that it was a fab holiday!! I would definitely come back again.

Room Tip: rooms 213 and 214 were nice, not too close to the pool and had sun most of the day, pleasant in the...
5  Thank christabeana
Reviewed 16 July 2014

If I am perfectly honest the hotel is clean and tidy, there are no complaints on that part but let's just start from the beginning. As of arrival the receptionists was helpful and as a party of 9 people we were swiftly signed in for 10 nights stay. We weren't shown to our rooms which was just circled on a map that we had to follow. The map was terrible. It took a long time before we found our apartments after walking up the very steep hills that the hotel made us face. Let's just say it is not suitable for disabled as we had 2 with us. It would have been much better if we were shown to our rooms. The room was bearable, but what was disappointing was that the air conditioning was in the bedroom, so for the person who sleeps in the lounge it is going to be very hot for them at night. All this put aside we were ready to go and eat breakfast, this was the only "okay" meal of the day. It was a simple English breakfast. Make the most of breakfast as this will be the only meal you don't eat chips. Lunch and dinner was terrible, seriously, constantly having to eat chips to fill yourself up and there wasn't even a kids menu like pizza or chicken nuggets, there was hardly any choice of food. It doesn't justify the all inclusive choice or the 3 star. As all inclusive you should be able to eat at any point in the day between 8 and 10 at night but this wasn't the case. There were times when you had to pay for food if you didn't want to wait until the restaurant opened for dinner at 6:30 and the pool snacks ended at around about 3. The hotel has nothing around it at all, you have to get a taxi to playa de las Americas if you want to shop for anything. We probably spent about 100 euros all together going back and fourth from the hotel to the shops. We ended up going out for a meal 3 times due to being hungry and sick of the sometimes uncooked food in the hotel. The wifi didn't work half the time it had full signal but you couldn't actually use the internet for some reason. For the price, you would expect much better, if the food was improved then it would have been a lot better. The restaurant was so small and poxy with only one buffet bar. The evening entertainment was simply terrible. We all went to bed early most nights as we couldn't bare to listen or watch. So basically this hotel is rubbish and I'd advise you the go somewhere else as you will be disappointed.

5  Thank tom m
#17 of 58 in Playa de las Americas
Laguna Park 1
Laguna Park 1
#47 of 59 in Costa Adeje

Been to Granada Park Apartments? Share your experiences!