Stayed here for a week in May, thanks to a great Lastminute.com deal. Had never been to Menorca before, and aside from the weather which was rather too spring-like, the holiday was excellent. If you pay 'basic' prices, than you normally expect 'basic' hotel standards. However, the hotel was very clean and comfortable with very friendly staff. The room was spacious, with the added bonus of a kitchen and dining room table/chairs. The food was more than adequate - buffet style dinner - but nothing fancy. When you consider the price that we paid, you can't really complain.
The hotel is located a few minute's walk from a bus stop. Compared to other European countries I have been to, their bus service is cheap, reliable and frequent. There is a bus to Ciutadella (although we walked it most days in less than half an hour) which is a charming little town from where you can travel to other parts of the island including Mahon.
Take your walking shoes and walk the Cami de Cavalls (Google it) armed with a copy of the Rough Guide guidebook, and you won't be short of things to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This hotel and apartments complex is located 150 metres from the beach in Santandria, on Menorca’s west coast. It offers a large outdoor pool and air-conditioned rooms with free Wi-Fi and a private balcony.The rooms at the Prinsotel La Caleta feature smart décor with soft tones. Each one comes with satellite TV and a private bathroom.The hotel’s buffet restaurant serves international food and offers show cooking and themed nights. Breakfast is served overlooking the sea, and there is also a poolside snack bar.Hotel La Caleta offers a varied entertainment programme for adults and children. You can hire a bicycle from the 24-hour reception, and there are various water sports options on Santandria Beach.Ciutadella is just 5 minutes’ drive from the hotel. You can drive to Mahón Airport in around 45 minutes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, TravelUp, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Prinsotel La Caleta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prinsotel La Caleta Hotel Cala Santandria
- Prinsotel La Caleta Cala Santandria