“Attractive, very clean room”
Review of Vatika Guest Home

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pondicherry
Vatika Guest Home
Ranked #42 of 147 Pondicherry B&B and Inns
Northleach, United Kingdom
“Attractive, very clean room”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We stayed one night and had a very attractive, spacious and clean room. The location is good, fairly near the sea, but away from the noisiest area.

Breakfast was quite good, although there was no offer of eggs.

We ate lunch with the owners which was an interesting experience and the food was good but overpriced for a simple meal.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sue T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 20 August 2012

its an amazing place to stay. charming hostess ,good location ,clean and tastefully located rooms. the roof top has a seaview ... :)
and its within walkable distance of all major attrctions like the ashram.
doesnt have a resturant though .but there many good places to eat around .

• Stayed August 2012
3 Thank pavani1610
Bellevue, Washington, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2012

This was my first trip to India and staying at Vatika's Guesthouse was the best choice. The rooms were big, clean, and comfortable, and had a bathroom and shower in every room. I ate delicious meals at the guesthouse and felt well fed everyday. I bought clean, bottled water across the street, and sometimes drank filtered water from the house.
The owners are wonderful people who helped me to understand life in Pondicherry, how to get around, where to go, and helped make travel arrangements for around the area.
I highly recommend staying at Vatika's Guesthouse if you want to learn about the local culture while feeling cared for and comfortable in India.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank xinrachel
Papaikou, Hawaii
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This was my third time to stay at Vatika's and it was even more wonderful than the first two. We were a group of 4, in Pondy for the ashram and the magic that happens in India. Our rooms were clean and comfortable, newly re-decorated, and spacious enough for us to practice yoga together. The a/c was a bonus.
I love the bread for breakfast- a special treat from the ashram. Meals were delicious with variety, made with love.
The care and dedication of the owner is heartwarming. She attends to details beautifully and is more than willing to help with any logistics.
The only bummer about my stay was that I had to leave! As I write this, I dream of my next visit, not soon enough. Love my home away from home!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank jenbird1
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed 5 July 2012

There very few moments in your life where for that one moment everything falls into place and you are perfectly content. The entirerity of my weekend stay at Vatika was one of those perfect moments.

Literally located a stone's throw away from the beach and a 2 min walk away from The Ashram, the fantabulous Vatika is run by the very warm Mrs. Dutta. She is one of those ladies who remind you of your favorite teacher at school, you know, that one teacher who actually earned your respect, the teacher you wanted to please and the teacher you also secrectly were a bit terrified of. The place is the perfect place to spend a laid back weekend with friends, perfect for a weekend getaway or for a time of quiet contemplation. The staff are courteous and friendly.

All of the rooms are filled with gorgeous handmade artwork Mrs. Dutta has either made in house or collected. I was totally in love with the gorgeous chocolate brown wooden furniture set against the white walls of my room. Pretty and cheerful tangerine sheets and cushions enlivened the atmosphere of our room. The pillows were just perfect! Not too hard not too soft.. JUST PERFECTION. I must say... the bathrooms are just out of the world.. filled with light and clean.. they are a delight to behold!

Bottomline, Vatika is THE place to stay at in Pondy, Is it any wonder that i love pondy beacuse of Vatika?

Room Tip: You wont go wrong with choosing any room. Each of the rooms is unique and has its own charms.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Puneetha
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I had gone to Pondicherry for some much needed rest and relaxation. I could not have made a better choice for my accommodation...... VATIKA was an experience beyond measure. Such a warm and hospitable place combined with safety ( especially as I was a woman travelling alone) and hygiene maintained to the optimum. The hostess Ms. Datta goes out of her way to make the guests at home while maintaining their privacy and space. Such a refreshing change from the normal 5 star hotels. I strongly recommend The VATIKA in Pondicherry...

Mrs R Menon

Room Tip: Room with the balcony is very pleasant
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank RixMenon
chennai
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Almost at the seaside,towards the end of Francois martin street, resides this beautiful house owned by Mrs Dutta. We had gone through a lot of options on tripadvisor and finally decided on this house. And we were just overjoyed to find out that our choice really was that good.
Its a triple storey building, and our host lives in the ground floor with her family, and opened up the top 2 floors for guests like us. The rooms are huge enough and all the rooms are furnished with a cupboard, chairs, tea poy, desk and a cozy bed. There are rooms with double cots and rooms with 2 single cots adjoined. You have your preference there. As we reached, our host warmly welcomed us in(not the regular way you expect in a hotel lobby), and helped us to settle in our room. The room was very clean and so were the restrooms. The walls of the rooms were all clean white and draped in beautiful curtains, with a beautiful balcony exclusive for our room.
There is no room service to disturb you, but at the same time you are always welcome to ask for anything you require. Mrs Dutta has been so kind to attend to all our needs to the maximum of her capabilities, and put in efforts to not have anything bother us. She has also opened her kitchen to all her visitors, and they can use them anytime. Me being a 'wake-up-late' person used to have my complimentary breakfast almost at noon, but it would still be ready and fresh on the dining table.
The location of the house is also perfect. On the seaside, and very close to some of the tourist attractions. It also has some good eateries around.
The rooms do not have TV sets or Wifi, and so in case you need to have more entertainment in your room, you need to arrange that. Also as it is a home, visitors have to be back at the hotel by 10:30 pm, which is ok as puducherry shuts down early at night. We paid 1500 per day for the room, that included all taxes and a complimentary breakfast. A luxury for budget vacationers.
We had a great time in Vatika. The most peaceful and relaxed holiday. Thanks to our host, Mrs.Dutta indeed! Will surely come back again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the right have a good view of the sea. Top floor rooms are bigger.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank grtadventurer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pondicherry
Pondicherry Executive Inn Pvt Ltd
#47 of 147 in Pondicherry
Le Ciel Home Stay
Le Ciel Home Stay
#7 of 22 in Auroville

Been to Vatika Guest Home? Share your experiences!