“sea view from my room”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pondicherry
Mother Sea View Residency
Ranked #97 of 155 Pondicherry B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 November 2011

We were looking for the sea view hotels but, most of the reasonable hotels were full and we found here finally.
They showed us a several rooms and there were different types.
From our room, we could see the ocean a little. It was nice!
The hotel staffs were however, not so friendly and helpful. We asked only a small discount for 2 nights stay at first but they offered us a very bad room. So we decided not to ask any discount to them. We felt disappointed with their attitude.

Room Tip: better to check several rooms, coz from some rooms you cannot see the sea.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Mother Sea View Residency

Reviewed 26 October 2011

The location is very convenient as its walk able to beach road. 500mts. Just came back from the place last weekend.

The rooms are untidy , dirty and service is average. Problem is the staff really dosent understand what u say to them . most of the time reception attendant is missing.

I guess the hotel sucks as such , but since its near to beach its highly priced.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Whatever you do, do not book this hotel. I did in May for a stay in August, paid in full up front, only to be told that my booking was not being honoured when I arrived. The man was positively unfriendly and helpful, offering me a refund, if I went back the next day. I took me hours to find alternative accommodation, at 3 times the price due to a Bank Holiday in india. When I returned the next day, the man would not give me my refund and tried to pass me off with "refunding my account the next day" which is a bank holiday. I am now limbo, without my refund, and out of pocket to the tune of at least $90.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank 3robinsons
Reviewed 3 December 2010

I would say the place was at the perfect location with everything at a walking distance, the staff were very courteous. The rooms needed a little revamp as it was not well painted, The place was overall fun and with family it was a nice bet and it fell in budget,

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank pratikgoyal
Reviewed 18 March 2010

This is a good hotel on the Aurobindo Asharam road just opposite to the Sea. Some of the rooms have balconies from where you can see the sea and the waves hitting the rocks. It was a good hotel at a reasonable price compared to couple of others with similar location. We got AC rooms at Rs 1500 over weekend when the room rent is generally higher than in normal days. You can get more discounts during the weekdays. Although the hotel do not have a restaurant, the room service can get you food from a restaurant which is couple of buildings away. Parking is on the road in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2010

We found it impossible to book anything in Pondicherry in advance by phone and on our first night stayed in a tiny place. The next day we wandered around Pondicherry room hunting, but most places seemed full- it was the mid-January peak. Then we found Mother Sea View. The roof room was good value for 1500rp. We had sea views on either side of the roof, except straight in front of the window and a partial sea view from the room. It was great for drying our washing on the roof in the sun and sea breeze. The room was quite comfortable with a table and two chairs and a TV. The A/C and fan worked well. The bathroom was clean. We walked to Kasha ki Aasha for breakfast- didn't like Ajantha on the corner because it didn't serve Indian food and their Euro breakfast wasn't great. Mother Sea View is a 15 minute walk from J.Nehru Street along the beach promenade.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rarisang
Reviewed 4 January 2010

We went here as our first hotel choice was full.

The hotel's location is very good - on the esplanade at Pondicherry.

The room wasn't great though - had a pretty dirty feel to it. Also, the toilet sloped down backwards, which is quite weird!

I think there'd probably be better places to stay in Pondicherry.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple