“A good mid-range budget place”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pondicherry
Mother Sea View Residency
Ranked #93 of 149 Pondicherry B&B and Inns
Melbourne
“A good mid-range budget place”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We arrived in Pondicherry without pre-booked accommodation during a busy period but having checked a couple of other places, we stayed here for two nights as the rooms were clean and our balcony had a nice view of the beach. The first room we were shown was similar to the one we got except that when I went to check the bathroom, it was locked because someone was using the toilet. (Ok - it was not a five star place and didn't have the five star price but...! Luckily, I still had lots of good humour at this stage of my trip). There is no restaurant or any other facilities but that was not a big deal as the weather was good and there were eateries nearby. Room was clean, light and airy - nothing remarkable but the balcony made all the difference. However, it would help if bed sheets actually covered the whole bed and weren't about thirty centimetres too short at the foot end. There is nothing charming about this place but it was cheapish for Pondicherry and quiet at night.
It's OK for a base but not a hotel in which you would spend too much time.

Room Tip: Choose one with a balcony that has a sea view.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
wales
Reviewed 11 December 2011

I was worried when I saw reviews for this place and I had been booked in there by people I was working with. But the team working there were very helpful friendly and the bed though one of a twin was very comfortable.For me the lack of wi fi and simple charm meant i had to do my work elsewhere - just feel I should give them a positive boost as they were very cool about my cancellation and just took a 1000 rupees when I cancelled 4 nights.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Pondicherry hotels

Fukuoka, Japan
Reviewed 4 November 2011

We were looking for the sea view hotels but, most of the reasonable hotels were full and we found here finally.
They showed us a several rooms and there were different types.
From our room, we could see the ocean a little. It was nice!
The hotel staffs were however, not so friendly and helpful. We asked only a small discount for 2 nights stay at first but they offered us a very bad room. So we decided not to ask any discount to them. We felt disappointed with their attitude.

Room Tip: better to check several rooms, coz from some rooms you cannot see the sea.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
delhi
Reviewed 26 October 2011

The location is very convenient as its walk able to beach road. 500mts. Just came back from the place last weekend.

The rooms are untidy , dirty and service is average. Problem is the staff really dosent understand what u say to them . most of the time reception attendant is missing.

I guess the hotel sucks as such , but since its near to beach its highly priced.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
lake district, england
Reviewed 14 August 2011

Whatever you do, do not book this hotel. I did in May for a stay in August, paid in full up front, only to be told that my booking was not being honoured when I arrived. The man was positively unfriendly and helpful, offering me a refund, if I went back the next day. I took me hours to find alternative accommodation, at 3 times the price due to a Bank Holiday in india. When I returned the next day, the man would not give me my refund and tried to pass me off with "refunding my account the next day" which is a bank holiday. I am now limbo, without my refund, and out of pocket to the tune of at least $90.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank 3robinsons
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 3 December 2010

I would say the place was at the perfect location with everything at a walking distance, the staff were very courteous. The rooms needed a little revamp as it was not well painted, The place was overall fun and with family it was a nice bet and it fell in budget,

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank pratikgoyal
Bangalore
Reviewed 18 March 2010

This is a good hotel on the Aurobindo Asharam road just opposite to the Sea. Some of the rooms have balconies from where you can see the sea and the waves hitting the rocks. It was a good hotel at a reasonable price compared to couple of others with similar location. We got AC rooms at Rs 1500 over weekend when the room rent is generally higher than in normal days. You can get more discounts during the weekdays. Although the hotel do not have a restaurant, the room service can get you food from a restaurant which is couple of buildings away. Parking is on the road in front of the hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple