Dune de l'Orient(Pondicherry)
US$90
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$102/night.

Accord Puducherry(Pondicherry)
US$67
US$63
The Promenade(Pondicherry)
US$117
US$72
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$86/night.

US$88
Hotels.com
  • Pool
US$85
US$72
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$94/night.

US$151
US$139
Ocean Spray(Pondicherry)
US$69
US$56
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$62/night.

Villa Shanti(Pondicherry)
  • Beachfront
La Villa(Pondicherry)
US$229
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 September 2013

I stayed here with my partner for 4 nights in late July. The en suite room came with A/C and a TV and cost 1000R for weekdays and 1500R for weekends per night (you pay each night’s rent on the day and no reservation was required). The staff were helpful and friendly and the hotel is situated right next to the Boulevard (NB despite the name, most rooms won’t have a sea view). It is by far the best value hotel in the area (we went round all the hotels on the beachfront to compare prices) and I would recommend it to backpackers and budget travellers - you won’t find a better price in the French quarter. The bed was also the comfiest that we found in India.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 June 2013

You want a budget sea view hotel- this is it.
+ Lovely location
+ Very close to the sea
+ From your balcony you get to see the ocean
+ For a budget price the hotel is decent and clean
+ Staff are helpful
This was a walk in for us, we landed in Pondi and were looking for a place to stay near the Rocky beach. This was good and a good price. Rooms are not fancy but clean and comfortable. Room service they have only coffee and tea. That was good for us.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Reached puduchery at about 9pm on 18th december, 2012. Found a residency "Mother sea view residency" asked for the rooms. We were 4 adult requiring 2 rooms. Checked in, went out for dinner an came back at 10:30 pm.
Checked the facilities in the hotel, and the comments are:
1. AC fixed at 17 degree Celsius, tried to increased the temperature, either remote or censer not working. Called at reception, no one was receiving the phone. Called from my mobile no. And asked to send the boy.
2. Boy came and tried to correct but no use. And said, " I can't help, you have to manage at 17 degree". I told to call the manager to rectify the same, he refused. I scolded him.
3. Toiletries: completely nil,
a) no towel, only one soap for hand wash, nothing in delux room.
4. Asked to provide two bottle of mineral water, brought only and vanished
5. Verandah facing sea was so clean with full of cigar pigs.
6. I call the reception to rectify , the reply was " sorry cant help" I was really furious and shouted. I told to complain to police, he said no problem. Then I said I will give it in papers.
7. I thought, I have to manage tonight and slept.
8. Reception call me at around 11: 30 to change.
9. I refused as we have already on the bed.
10: Now how will you rate? My rating is - 10.
11. all visitors who planned to stay here has to increase their bp which is very dangerous. Avoid such risk.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Haric94
Reviewed 16 May 2012

We stayed at the hotel with a group of others so had multiple rooms. I would only call it an okay hotel. It was clean and the staff was well meaning, but the decor was clearly dated and not in a charming kind of way. Upon arrival the entire hotel smelled of oil paint since they had been painting the balconies. It was really quite overwhelming. The AC worked well and the room was clean but unremarkable.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 February 2012

We arrived in Pondicherry without pre-booked accommodation during a busy period but having checked a couple of other places, we stayed here for two nights as the rooms were clean and our balcony had a nice view of the beach. The first room we were shown was similar to the one we got except that when I went to check the bathroom, it was locked because someone was using the toilet. (Ok - it was not a five star place and didn't have the five star price but...! Luckily, I still had lots of good humour at this stage of my trip). There is no restaurant or any other facilities but that was not a big deal as the weather was good and there were eateries nearby. Room was clean, light and airy - nothing remarkable but the balcony made all the difference. However, it would help if bed sheets actually covered the whole bed and weren't about thirty centimetres too short at the foot end. There is nothing charming about this place but it was cheapish for Pondicherry and quiet at night.
It's OK for a base but not a hotel in which you would spend too much time.

Room Tip: Choose one with a balcony that has a sea view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple