“Could be the best place in Pondy to dine”
Review of Lighthouse

Lighthouse
Ranked #18 of 384 Restaurants in Pondicherry
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The roofdeck restaurant could very well be the best place to dine in Pondy. It has a good view of the sea, and serves some of the best food around. The interiors are very classy. I am told that the owner of this place is the same as the high end leathergoods shop on Mission street. I think the name of the place is Hi-brands? Which is why the interiors of this hotel is chocful of leather, from the elevators to the furnishings.

Reviewed 8 June 2013

I have had mint coolers in many restaurants in my life...but the one at Promenade made me ask for more! The ambience is really blissful, the interior spells taste and class and the menu has something for every one! The restaurant is a little pricey but worth it if you are looking for an evening "well-spent"!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Had our morning coffee and Breakfast in the restaurant of the hotel. Minimal spread at a price which can be compared to any other good spreads in other big hotels. However the killer is the location and the view. It overlooks the Bay of Bengal. Just to give you a better idea this side of the road is the hotel and the other side is Bay of Bengal. Can't get better than that. One should pay just for the view and sit for long time with your cuppa.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

We went for lunch at this restaurant. The ambiance was good and the service was ok. The food quality and taste were average.The price of the food items are on the higher side especially the beer price is very expensive in a place like Pondicherry where beer prices are pretty cheap. Even their mutton Biriany is expensive and of poor taste. It was an one time experience for me and my family. Definitely not return trip to this restaurant.

Reviewed 24 May 2013

I'm an Italian citizen, living often in Pondy and Auroville. Even if I love India, it's not the same for indian food, especially in the South. They are used to eat spices with some food inside... So, when I am in Pondy and I like to go to the restaurant for dinner I'm not so unhappy since they open Promenade, where I always found some very good food and the bill is affordable