This is a comfortable and clean, if somewhat tired, colonial-style hotel that has been renovated, but not very well.
1. Great location within walking distance of the Promenade (there is no beach at this point). It’s close to shopping and restaurants.
2. Good sized rooms with comfortable beds and bathroom.
3. Staff are friendly and very helpful and can arrange airport pickup and transfers.
4. Restaurant is small but has a pleasant ambiance with good lighting.
1. Noise from work area above 3rd floor 1204 – there was pounding at 6:30 a.m. and noise through bathroom vent from workers above
2. Plastic faux wood flooring in the room is hardly in keeping with colonial style.
3. Breakfast – minimal selection and inefficient service. Yes you can order eggs, but they leave them sitting around until they get cold before they serve them. But they did go out and buy bananas when we asked for them at one breakfast.
4. Wifi not in room, but Ethernet is available
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Richmond, Puducherry is the fifth property of The Residency Group of Hotels. The Richmond has 14 well appointed rooms with the following in-room facilities: 1.Tea/Coffee station. 2.Digital safe. 3.Well stocked Mini-bar. 4.Hair dryer. Location: Immediate proximity of the promenade beach. In the quiet French colonial quarter, Pondicherry is completely accessible from here. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Richmond, Puducherry reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Richmond Puducherry Pondicherry