“Great food, good ambiance & service”
Review of Le Club

Le Club
Ranked #24 of 381 Restaurants in Pondicherry
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: French, Indian, Italian, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I was a little apprehensive to go here after reading some of the reviews, but considering its proximity to the beach, and the type of food served here, decided to go anyway.

Food was excellent - possibly one of the better meals I've had this year. Many of the reviews pointed out that they served not-so-exceptional Indian food. Do everyone a favor and order continental food here. If you're intention is to try Indian food, this may not be the best bet.

Ambiance was good. Not exceptional, but good enough. Nice dim lights & pleasant music.

Service was good too - I had no complaints with the time they took. I understand that the food is made to order, and can take 15 minutes to be prepared. On a crowded day...., well, easy to do the math here - and the place does get crowded on weekends. Not the best place to grab a quick meal - but this should be something that one should be aware of when visiting.

I didn't notice any preferential treatment despite there being all kinds of people, nor did I have a problem conversing in English. I'm not disputing what others have said below, but merely stating my own experience.

3  Thank jnarin
There are newer reviews for Le Club

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Stopped in for a beer after dinner with a friend, as this place had been suggested to us from the guidebook. Nice ambience, food (what we had) was ok but prices seem insane for what they offer. I guess you're paying for the ambience and atmosphere. Service wasn't bad but no great. Staff seemed quite arrogant initially but make up your own mind =]

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Good food. Reasonable ambiance. Close to Promenade. Not attempting to bring back the old legacy I guess. Still, a must go place.

3  Thank Arun V
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Came in at 9.45 ... Was told before I entered that the bar was closed ... Staff terrible and can't speak English properly ... Did not want to serve is anything .... But could see that all the foreigners around us were being given preferential treatment ... Rude ... Terrible and don't go here guys ....

2  Thank Fkarmally
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Came here for lunch on 8th April 2014. Not many customers, so got a table under a fan....much required in this heat in Pondy at this time of the year. Only Budweiser beer available, possibly due to the Indian 2014 Lok Sabha election restrictions with regard to liquor availability ( we heard that all liquor sales had to stop by 10.00 on every night due to the rules currently in place). Had a chicken salad, grilled prawns and a beef pepper steak, between my wife and me. Salad was OK (maybe too much mayonnaise and pineapple chunks). Prawns were overlooked so a bit hard, but they were fresh. Steak was decent. Service was good. Overall, an OK experience.