“Ocean Views in Pondi...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pondicherry
Ajantha Beach Guest House
Ranked #85 of 172 Pondicherry B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 December 2013

So I arrived in Pondi without making any bookings and decided to go for a stroll along the ocean promenade to see if I could find a place to stay...and I stumbled across this hotel. I'm a solo traveller and was looking for a quiet and affordable place to just relax for a few days. The regular rooms were very decent but I was looking for something a little cheaper. When I told the hotel owner this, he suggested the room they have on the roof of their hotel. I went up and had a look and it seemed to fit the bill. It was small with just enough room for a double bed...but it was clean and there was AC, a fan, cable tv....and to top it off...I had the whole roof of the building, with great ocean and promenade views to myself. I spent my days in various cafes/restaus and wandering around....so no too much time in the room other than to sleep but the roof was great to just sit out at night and watch the world go by from my perch. Pondi is a very cool place to hang out but the French quarter can be a little pricey...and I didn't want to stay on the other side of the canal with all of its bustling madness....this place was an ideal fit for me....safe, clean, quiet and right on the ocean...I'd recommend it for other solo traveller or backpacking couples.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Matthew C

Reviewed 8 November 2013

The beach front, in the French quarter of Pondicherry is one of the best attractions of the town. And this Guest house stands on the boulevard next to the sea. It can't get better than that. Stayed here for couple of nights in Dec 2012 - walked in since I did not have a prior booking.

The room was small, but tidy, importantly the bathroom was clean, with hot water available at any time. The best part was to sit on the balcony outside the room and have dinner facing the waves from the sea on a moonlit night. And to be woken up by the sun streaming into the room through the windows. Food and service was appreciable.

Stay here is the super awesome view for budget price.

Room Tip: Take a room higher up, atleast on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We had read good reviews of the hotel on tripadvisor and called in to reserve our rooms two days before departure. We wanted 1000rs basic rooms and were really happy to be living there.
Before we reached Pondicherry we called them to confirm our bookings and also after we got down at Pondicherry bus stand. Both the times they confirmed that our room was reserved and we were looking forward to relaxing after a busy day.
When we reached there they refused to rent us the 1000 rs rooms and told us they only had one room available next day also(we needed 1 room for first night and 2 for next two nights). These room would cost us 1500 now. We objected that we had booked the rooms on phone and had constantly been in touch. The guy simply refused and told us that many people call we don't keep rooms for everyone here.
We walked out and took a room in the nearby place for 1200. This has to be one of the worst experiences ever.

Room Tip: Book your room somehow don't just rely on phone call they might give it to someone else leaving...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Parul S
Reviewed 13 June 2013

As i mentioned in my previous review i made a visit last month it was really awesome again, the way they greed us is realy pleasant and this is my fifth stay there still i feel that im visiting for the first time, again v r planing to visit this september thats the speciality of this hotel.. Guyz plzz visit this hotel cos with such economical v cant get such an hotel like this.. Mr. Yasin and Mr. Vijaykumar u both r too good

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Karthik_4uin
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I had been 5 times there.. each time when we go we feel fresh and hospitality was really good.. On a decent budget with all facilities this is the best hotel i have ever seen.. We feel like we r home.. Mr.Yasin and Mr.Vijaykumar are really good in nature.. We will visit again and again.. Mr.Yasin we will see u this month.. This is karthik from chennai

Room Tip: Room on the ground floor and 1st room on the first floor was too good
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karthik_4uin
Reviewed 20 March 2013 via mobile

Amazing! Second time staying here. Very reasonable at Rs1600 per night for a air-conditioned room. Ask for the room with the Seaview balcony and you will have one of the best sea view hotel you can get in pondicherry. Hot water is available. Just have to inform the reception and they will arrange for it. There is a restaurant in the ground floor so food can be ordered from the menu provided in the rooms. As a whole, a well worth hotel to stay in. Call in advance to book for rooms as it is almost always booked especially during holiday seasons.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank dharmahla
Reviewed 30 January 2013

If you are looking for a budget stay near the beach and in proximity of good restaurants in pondicherry, this is the place. You could always stay here and hire a bike and roam around at all the places or just chill at the beach. We were also offered 24 hour check-in/check-out facility on request, so that was another plus.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple