“Nothing special, Just an average hotel”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pondicherry
Ajantha Beach Guest House
Ranked #59 of 144 Pondicherry B&B and Inns
Bengaluru, India
“Nothing special, Just an average hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is just an average hotel to stay with poor service. Room was very small. The only good point is the sea view from the balcony(not front) as this is in back side of the sea view hotel. I feel its not mandatory to stay just on the beach as you can not enjoy the balcony due to weather. So why to compromise with hotel and price too. Choose a better hotel 100 mtr from beach road which will be better and cost effective too. Don't choose untill you really want to have a angel view of sea... :)

Room Tip: Go for sea view as this is what the hotel meant for.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Bengaluru, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I chose Ajantha Beach Guest house looking at the pictures posted on their website. The actual rooms were far from what was advertised and I am talking about their 'Sea View Deluxe Rooms'. The beds had stained sheets and the blankets looked dirty. The bathroom was fine though.
When we told that we would be checking out earlier than the duration I had booked the room for, the manager was least concerned.
The view from the hotel balcony was the star attraction. I overlooks the seaside promenade. The guest house is within walking distance from most of the restaurants mentioned in Tripadvisor since it is located in the french quarter of Pondicherry.
On hindsight, I should have gone for the 'Ajantha Executive Business Hotel'. I checked the rooms there. All of them have a sea view and are more expensive that the ones in the guest house. The business hotel is located in the sea facing side of the same building which houses the guest house.

Room Tip: Go for the sea view deluxe rooms if you have to. The lower class of rooms do not have windows.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Pondicherry hotels

Chennai (Madras), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed with family and friends here for two days as other hotel are FULL (as usual in weekends)....the location of this hotel is excellent when you compare the charges (its right in front of the beach!!!). You can literally walk down to the sea any time....

Interior is average with LCD TV, double bed, A/C (less space and cleanliness). No covered parking (Please do not try the hotel restaurant).

i will recommend this hotel ONLY if you want to spend less for the beach view room. You will get sea view double bed room with in Rs. 3000/day.

Room Tip: Go for sea view room only
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Anupam W
Chennai (Madras), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014

Location is on the beach road, which is the best part. As far as room ( 4 bedded) is concerned, it was clean with a/c, geyser, good linen, TV and the quality of room was good. Though its a guest house but its ideal place if u r looking only for accn, that too TOO CHEAP. For accn ( family with 2 kids 11, 17), other places nearby were costing 15k, this was Rs 3300/. Ofcourse those hotels must be having foyer, garden and other stuff which I could not have used as it was a short trip and we hardly spent time in hotel. Small restaurant attached but we preferred to walk to some excellent places nearby for food. Walk during late evenings near Ajantha is great experience. There is a lift and limited parking.

Room Tip: third floor, 4 bedded room was good. Other option of two 2 bedded rooms wasnt taken as rooms were sm...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Agincourt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

So I arrived in Pondi without making any bookings and decided to go for a stroll along the ocean promenade to see if I could find a place to stay...and I stumbled across this hotel. I'm a solo traveller and was looking for a quiet and affordable place to just relax for a few days. The regular rooms were very decent but I was looking for something a little cheaper. When I told the hotel owner this, he suggested the room they have on the roof of their hotel. I went up and had a look and it seemed to fit the bill. It was small with just enough room for a double bed...but it was clean and there was AC, a fan, cable tv....and to top it off...I had the whole roof of the building, with great ocean and promenade views to myself. I spent my days in various cafes/restaus and wandering around....so no too much time in the room other than to sleep but the roof was great to just sit out at night and watch the world go by from my perch. Pondi is a very cool place to hang out but the French quarter can be a little pricey...and I didn't want to stay on the other side of the canal with all of its bustling madness....this place was an ideal fit for me....safe, clean, quiet and right on the ocean...I'd recommend it for other solo traveller or backpacking couples.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Matthew C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

The beach front, in the French quarter of Pondicherry is one of the best attractions of the town. And this Guest house stands on the boulevard next to the sea. It can't get better than that. Stayed here for couple of nights in Dec 2012 - walked in since I did not have a prior booking.

The room was small, but tidy, importantly the bathroom was clean, with hot water available at any time. The best part was to sit on the balcony outside the room and have dinner facing the waves from the sea on a moonlit night. And to be woken up by the sun streaming into the room through the windows. Food and service was appreciable.

Stay here is the super awesome view for budget price.

Room Tip: Take a room higher up, atleast on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Hyderabad, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

We had read good reviews of the hotel on tripadvisor and called in to reserve our rooms two days before departure. We wanted 1000rs basic rooms and were really happy to be living there.
Before we reached Pondicherry we called them to confirm our bookings and also after we got down at Pondicherry bus stand. Both the times they confirmed that our room was reserved and we were looking forward to relaxing after a busy day.
When we reached there they refused to rent us the 1000 rs rooms and told us they only had one room available next day also(we needed 1 room for first night and 2 for next two nights). These room would cost us 1500 now. We objected that we had booked the rooms on phone and had constantly been in touch. The guy simply refused and told us that many people call we don't keep rooms for everyone here.
We walked out and took a room in the nearby place for 1200. This has to be one of the worst experiences ever.

Room Tip: Book your room somehow don't just rely on phone call they might give it to someone else leaving...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple