“Best french restaurant of Pondicherry”
Review of Satsanga

Satsanga
Ranked #93 of 369 Restaurants in Pondicherry
Cuisines: Indian, French
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
New Delhi, India
“Best french restaurant of Pondicherry”
Reviewed 28 March 2014

During my last visit to Pondicherry my friend suggested satsanga for lunch and he told me it is best French restaurant of Pondicherry and he was right. I enjoyed my lunch there and best thing is if you lucky you, sometime you can share your food with the owner.

• Visited April 2013

Bristol, United Kingdom
“3 and a half hours of my life I will never get back or want to remember!”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

To say that the service here is slow is an understatement, there is no service, at all.
We ordered a beer after a 20 min wait at a half laid table.
Bye the time we actually got our beer it was luke warm and they only gave us one glass.
we then waited again for one of the 6 waiters to serve us.
when one finally came he informed us that they had literally nothing in the kitchen but a few items on the menu so I chose a prawn cocktail (which ended up to be a bowl of mayonnaise, a lettuce leaf and a pair of gritty prawns!) and my partner ORDERED the the country style pate (they brought the liver pate then claimed they didn't have the other type) the bread arrived for the pate about 15 -20mins later. One of the many waiters then came and asked us if I would like desert! To which I replied I haven't even had my main course. We had a terrible main course of old rotten sole and gritty garlic prawn with stone cold rice. This was followed by more waiting for the waiter to turn up with the bill which was over priced and wrong I then had to wait for another age for them to bring the corrected bill.

During all this I saw three couples leave and one guy wait the best part of 20 mins to have his order taken then have a waiter ignore him take the menu off his table and give it to another couple as they sat down!

Do not go to this restaurant you will waist money and time.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Leighleigh269
Huddersfield, England
“Slow Service”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Very popular restaurant set in a garden ( omplete with mosquuitos, although they do put a mosi coil under the table)Ordered Kingfisher beer, no Kingfisher, ordered Tuborg, no tuborg ended up with Heineken!. Very slow in bringing drinks and ordering food, then very slow in actually getting the food. Food was good and not badly priced. Staff seemed very rushed and could have been friendlier

Visited January 2014
New Delhi, India
“disappointing”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We had heard and read about Satsanga, so went for lunch and were a little disappointed at what we got. Maybe they were having an off day. First of all, they seated us outdoors at our request, but didn't clean the table nor spread a tablecloth. We noticed that they did that for others, so it felt a bit odd not to have the same standard for us. Secondly, they took a very long time to serve. My daughter asked for a well done steak and got one that was bloody; by that time we just wanted to leave so ate what was served quietly and left. Would not go back there again

Visited January 2014
Chennai (Madras), India
“Could be worse, and they were trying ...”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We went there on various travel guide's recommendations, one esp. praising the food. So expectations were high, reality low!
Though a nice place to sit (once inside, because the street outside looked more like a garbage dump) and generally friendly staff, the evening developed into a 'never come back' experience. The menue card presented consisted of largely torn simple A4 pages in a folder, scribble-scrabble all over, prices changed and dirty.
Our order was well received - then the trouble started: Rose wine... sorry, have to cool first; Heineken small.... sorry, not available; Steak with blue cheese... sorry, cheese not available. No, please note that this was 'early dinner', we were amongst the first guests that night. Which was very fortunate, because once that large prebooked group arrived, things were getting out of control, staff henceforth running (!) past our table. But, when asking for the bill, you guess it, 'not available' for close to 20mins. Why on earth were we polite enough to wait that long???
The food itself was average (steak, lemon chicken) with exception of the Rucola Salad starter.
The manager however, was below average, when made our experience known to him before leaving: Sorry, staff... No, Sir, not the staff! The concept wasn't right!
NB: By the way, cat & mice were also there, but not as it should be, the one chasing the other. Rather the opposite: as the cat climbed up the table to look and lick at the plates and cutlery there, the mouse was checking for crumbs under another table. Well, at least there, some harmony!

• Visited January 2014