“Old school charm, delicious food.”

Neemrana's La Maison
Ranked #88 of 403 Restaurants in Pondicherry
Price range: US$6 - US$9
Cuisines: Indian, International
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed 15 March 2013

We went here for dinner after a long day looking around Pondicherry. We couldn't understand why we were the only people in the restaurant - maybe because it is in a hotel and you cant see it from the street. The waiter was very friendly, there was a bit of confusion over the plat du jour with items not being available, but once we ordered and got the food it was delicious. Of course it is more expensive than many of the other restaurants, but the hotel is beautiful and the food and service were really good.
Its a shame we were the only people dining, but we still really enjoyed it.

NeemranaHotels, Guest Relations Manager at Neemrana's La Maison, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words about the Salle a Manger restaurant at La Maison Tamoule.

We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed the cuisine as well as the dining experience.

Your compliments about the service have been conveyed to the service team.

We thank you for your visit and look forward to welcoming you back soon !

Warm Regards,
Team Neemrana
friendofneemrana@neemranahotels.com

Reviewed 9 February 2013

This place used to be good. Unfortunately the management has changed or the cook has left. Its quite in a pathetic shape right now. Hopefully they will improve in the future.

1  Thank dziga
Reviewed 17 October 2012

In really the place is Closed from a lot now. Changing management we hope in better! Within a couple of month they gonna re-open the restaurant.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Landed in this hotel , as soon as in entered the hotel it was a nightmare. Restaurant was not functional. bathroom was smelly, no hot water . Asked for a matchbox , it seems entire hotel did not have a match box .

I had booked this hotel ,since it was acquired by the Fortune group . But sad to say it is no where near looked as if it was a fortune group property.

Final Verdict: Please stay in any other hotel, it is terrible.

Reviewed 29 November 2011

Restaurant was like ghost town except for a table of French people. I literally heard crickets chirping. The waiter dutifully told me, only Indian and chicken and vegetarian are available on the menu today. I grudgingly opted for a chicken bryani. Then I asked for a diet coke. He said can only choose coke or sprite. Problem with the supply today. So I chose a coke. Then he came back from the kitchen and told me no more chicken bryani. I laughed and told him I am getting out of here.