Hotel Atithi
US$185
US$66
US$52
Agoda.com
All reviewsterrace grillle boulevardroof top swimming poolfamily suitevalue for moneysuperior roomnice hotellunch buffetcomfortable stayroom servicehotel is centrally locatedlaundry servicequality of foodthe heart of the citybreakfast spreadrooms are spaciouscourteous staff
Reviewed 15 July 2014

The rooms are well-appointed, the overall ambience is great. The buffet breakfast in the morning is sumptuous. But the staff members are average, their attitude is casual and service-oriented mindset is lacking. Thus, value for money is poor as the rate is relatively high here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Atithi-Pondicherry, General Manager at Hotel Atithi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Mr. Das,

Thank you for the feedback. We are happy to know that you have found the Hotel Infrastructure a great, rooms well appointed, and Breakfast Buffet Sumptuous.

We will take the necessary steps to bring the staff level also in the similar standard

Thank you and assuring you of our best services and attention always

Regards

Reviewed 14 July 2014

[Please be informed it is Lengthy Review from a very Happy and Satisfied Atithi Guest :)]

I planned a visit to Pondicherry on my anniversary weekend and selecting Atithi was at first random but what pulled me to select the same were the guest reviews and the hotel management prompt responses to every review. Again I was reaching Pondi early morning and hotel checkin timings were 12 pm so before booking I spoke to the Hotel and very warmly i was informed that please mention your special requests and we can take care of them. As promised I was warmly recieved at 7 am and my Executive Room was given to me along with complimentary breakfast which generally is not given if u are doing an early checkin.

Day 1 was warm with a wide variety of Breakfast options and nice well mentained rooms and the room services. Each of the Hotel staff makes you feel warm and they smile and greet you making you feel good. Hotel reception also checked during the evening about how the stay was going and if at all there are any feedbacks which shows their care about your stay. So it was going great till the evening and Day 2 was my first wedding anniversary and I had earlier spoken to the hotel for arranging a candle light dinner for us so there comes my delight part which made my next day. As the team was aware it was our anniversary next day they arranged a cake at my door right at 12 am with their greeting and Day 2 wonders begin hence forth.

Day 2, a special day for me which Team Atithi made me so so memorable. We had our restrictions with Dinner menu (proper jain food , no milk and dairy items etc.) but Chef Padmanabhan ( pardon me if i spelled his name wrong) sat with us and made us finalise our menu with the best of his expertise and keeping in mind our restrictions. The Dinner was arranged for 7 pm on the rooftop beside the pool. Exited about a pool side candle light dinner I was well ahead of time but because of the rooftop being engaged by guests we started a little late but TRUST me on this it was the best experience of my life with the cherry of an awesome ambience on the rooftop. Staircase leading to the rooftop were lighted with small candles and we reached the rooftop awestruck. A perfect romantic setup for a candlelight dinner. All delights broke loose when the food started being served by Satya and TRUST me on this it was the best veg food i ever had in my life and could not stop thanking Chef Padmanabhan for this delight.Inspite of the fact the food had no flavour of onion or garlic but yet it was the most yummy food i ever had and though i was getting late for my bus and was almost full I made sure to have every delicacy prepared by Chef. A delightful and Romantic Candle Light Dinner made my wife so much happy that she had her smile all the way stuck on her face and that was a treat and a gift for me :)

It does not end here :) as i was getting late for my bus and to make me peacfully enjoy my meals, Team athithi made sure my check out formalities were complete before I come down and every arranged a drop till my bus stand with the auto driver knowing exactly where to drop me in the next 10 min. Sharp at 10 I was at my bus stand and head back to bangalore with loads of memories in my bag.

Team Atithi Kudos to your whole team and specially Chef. If I come down to Pondi next time I will not have a second option to even think about. To all those who could manage to read this essay, if you are planning to have a wow experience do visit Atithi and they would let you down :)

Room Tip: I was given an executive room on the Fourth Floor and I am all Happy with the Room and the room services :)
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tushar_Mohta

Dear Mr. Mohta,

I hope you are doing well. We are delighted with your comments. We thank you for your kind words
We shall look forward to welcome you again at Hotel Atithi Pondicherry

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Had one of the best leisure trips in pondicherry with our stay at Hotel atithi. 10/10 for ambience , Staff service , Food etc.
Plus with heavy discount of 50%, it tried out to be very cost effective.
Our first experience of pondicherry was enhanced by the hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Mr. Rahul,

it was great to know that you give 10/10 to us. So kind of you. We are happy to know this is your Best Experience so far

We shall look forward to welcome you again at Hotel Atithi Pondicherry

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We booked this hotel very randomly but when we arrived at the hotel we were delighted.
We loved the hotel at first sight. It is a bright and lively hotel.
The staff is polite and friendly.The rooms are spacious and neat.
There is an infinity pool on the rooftop and the water is very clean.
Complimentary breakfast has a good variety of indian and continental cuisine.
Coffee shop has some amazing desserts and they are very fresh and light.
It is a very refreshing hotel. Our trip to Pondy was memorable partly because we stayed at Atithi.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Atithi-Pondicherry, General Manager at Hotel Atithi, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing us. We are delighted to know that you have liked our hotel, enjoyed our Infinity Pool, Coffeeshop and the sumptuous Breakfast.

Please do visit us again at Pondicherry

Reviewed 26 June 2014

An excellent place to stay with family or friends. I had stayed in a Family Suite and the room was very spacious and neat. Room service was good and the staff were very polite. I would definitely recommend this place to my family/friends.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank arvindcp
Atithi-Pondicherry, General Manager at Hotel Atithi, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Guest ,

We thank you for staying with us. Happy to know that you have enjoyed staying at Atithi and liked the Room Service.

Please do visit us again .