“Excellent place for a family with toddlers!”
Review of Hotel Atithi

Hotel Atithi
Ranked #14 of 83 Hotels in Pondicherry
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Though my review is quite old, I went to Pondy in Sep 2013 and after lot of research! believe me had done lot of research since I was going to travel with my wife and 9 month old toddler, had to consider a lot like center of the city, nearby medicals, hospitals, cleanliness, all my worries were put aside when we entered Athithi , one of the best stays of my travelling years so far, staff were very supportive of our special requests, and all the important places were very nearby.

Thank Athithi for making our stay a very pleasant and memorable one.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Atithi-Pondicherry, General Manager at Hotel Atithi, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. The staff has been specially trained to handle the Toddlers.

We shall look forward to welcome you again at Hotel Atithi

Reviewed 16 July 2014

ok, let me be honest here. I loved staying at atithi for few good reasons. Rooms are clean, regularly well maintained by housekeeping staff. Restaurant is great, and if you need any sort of help in restaurant in the morning please look for Ms Rose, a very helpful individual who makes sure that you are comfortable when you are at the restaurant. Now reception, I was really dissapointed when I was told that there was a confusion regarding the total amount that I had to pay for, please make sure that you know how much you have paid the room for.

The open cafe area near the lifts, when you order a drink it takes 1 hour to get you served which must be improved in near future or else the hotel won't be valued for its services. The roof top bar has an amazing view but again it is something that a common person won't be able to afford, maybe that's why it's a star hotel?

The fact is that the Hotel is placed in an excellent location which helps you to get in touch with the town within a minute. The gym and pool facilities are very convenient. I did not try the spa center so i won't be able to comment. One part needs to remain the same is buffet breakfast, which is an amazing one. go for it.

Even though I as an ordinary and as an unknown critique I would say that the hotel is a comfortable place to stay, even if some of the reception staff needs to show some care that we exist in the hotel. Overall I enjoyed my stay and I hope to see more improvements in the near future.... with a higher appraisal

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank vish195
Atithi-Pondicherry, General Manager at Hotel Atithi, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed feedback. We are happy to know that you have liked the rooms, found the Restaurant Great , and happy with the House Keeping.
Your feedback regarding the Front Staff has been noted. Shall surely take the necessary action to bring it to the par.

We shall look forward to welcome you again at Hotel Atithi

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The rooms are well-appointed, the overall ambience is great. The buffet breakfast in the morning is sumptuous. But the staff members are average, their attitude is casual and service-oriented mindset is lacking. Thus, value for money is poor as the rate is relatively high here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Dear Mr. Das,

Thank you for the feedback. We are happy to know that you have found the Hotel Infrastructure a great, rooms well appointed, and Breakfast Buffet Sumptuous.

We will take the necessary steps to bring the staff level also in the similar standard

Thank you and assuring you of our best services and attention always

Regards

Reviewed 14 July 2014

[Please be informed it is Lengthy Review from a very Happy and Satisfied Atithi Guest :)]

I planned a visit to Pondicherry on my anniversary weekend and selecting Atithi was at first random but what pulled me to select the same were the guest reviews and the hotel management prompt responses to every review. Again I was reaching Pondi early morning and hotel checkin timings were 12 pm so before booking I spoke to the Hotel and very warmly i was informed that please mention your special requests and we can take care of them. As promised I was warmly recieved at 7 am and my Executive Room was given to me along with complimentary breakfast which generally is not given if u are doing an early checkin.

Day 1 was warm with a wide variety of Breakfast options and nice well mentained rooms and the room services. Each of the Hotel staff makes you feel warm and they smile and greet you making you feel good. Hotel reception also checked during the evening about how the stay was going and if at all there are any feedbacks which shows their care about your stay. So it was going great till the evening and Day 2 was my first wedding anniversary and I had earlier spoken to the hotel for arranging a candle light dinner for us so there comes my delight part which made my next day. As the team was aware it was our anniversary next day they arranged a cake at my door right at 12 am with their greeting and Day 2 wonders begin hence forth.

Day 2, a special day for me which Team Atithi made me so so memorable. We had our restrictions with Dinner menu (proper jain food , no milk and dairy items etc.) but Chef Padmanabhan ( pardon me if i spelled his name wrong) sat with us and made us finalise our menu with the best of his expertise and keeping in mind our restrictions. The Dinner was arranged for 7 pm on the rooftop beside the pool. Exited about a pool side candle light dinner I was well ahead of time but because of the rooftop being engaged by guests we started a little late but TRUST me on this it was the best experience of my life with the cherry of an awesome ambience on the rooftop. Staircase leading to the rooftop were lighted with small candles and we reached the rooftop awestruck. A perfect romantic setup for a candlelight dinner. All delights broke loose when the food started being served by Satya and TRUST me on this it was the best veg food i ever had in my life and could not stop thanking Chef Padmanabhan for this delight.Inspite of the fact the food had no flavour of onion or garlic but yet it was the most yummy food i ever had and though i was getting late for my bus and was almost full I made sure to have every delicacy prepared by Chef. A delightful and Romantic Candle Light Dinner made my wife so much happy that she had her smile all the way stuck on her face and that was a treat and a gift for me :)

It does not end here :) as i was getting late for my bus and to make me peacfully enjoy my meals, Team athithi made sure my check out formalities were complete before I come down and every arranged a drop till my bus stand with the auto driver knowing exactly where to drop me in the next 10 min. Sharp at 10 I was at my bus stand and head back to bangalore with loads of memories in my bag.

Team Atithi Kudos to your whole team and specially Chef. If I come down to Pondi next time I will not have a second option to even think about. To all those who could manage to read this essay, if you are planning to have a wow experience do visit Atithi and they would let you down :)

Room Tip: I was given an executive room on the Fourth Floor and I am all Happy with the Room and the room serv...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tushar_Mohta

Dear Mr. Mohta,

I hope you are doing well. We are delighted with your comments. We thank you for your kind words
We shall look forward to welcome you again at Hotel Atithi Pondicherry

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Had one of the best leisure trips in pondicherry with our stay at Hotel atithi. 10/10 for ambience , Staff service , Food etc.
Plus with heavy discount of 50%, it tried out to be very cost effective.
Our first experience of pondicherry was enhanced by the hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Mr. Rahul,

it was great to know that you give 10/10 to us. So kind of you. We are happy to know this is your Best Experience so far

We shall look forward to welcome you again at Hotel Atithi Pondicherry

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We booked this hotel very randomly but when we arrived at the hotel we were delighted.
We loved the hotel at first sight. It is a bright and lively hotel.
The staff is polite and friendly.The rooms are spacious and neat.
There is an infinity pool on the rooftop and the water is very clean.
Complimentary breakfast has a good variety of indian and continental cuisine.
Coffee shop has some amazing desserts and they are very fresh and light.
It is a very refreshing hotel. Our trip to Pondy was memorable partly because we stayed at Atithi.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Atithi-Pondicherry, General Manager at Hotel Atithi, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing us. We are delighted to know that you have liked our hotel, enjoyed our Infinity Pool, Coffeeshop and the sumptuous Breakfast.

Please do visit us again at Pondicherry

Reviewed 26 June 2014

An excellent place to stay with family or friends. I had stayed in a Family Suite and the room was very spacious and neat. Room service was good and the staff were very polite. I would definitely recommend this place to my family/friends.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank arvindcp
Atithi-Pondicherry, General Manager at Hotel Atithi, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear Guest ,

We thank you for staying with us. Happy to know that you have enjoyed staying at Atithi and liked the Room Service.

Please do visit us again .