“Peace, Charm, and Friendliness”
Review of Les Hibiscus

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pondicherry
Les Hibiscus
Ranked #1 of 149 Pondicherry B&B and Inns
Ayer's Cliff, Canada
“Peace, Charm, and Friendliness”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I was lucky to get four nights in this wonderful place. After three weeks of much more arduous travel, I felt I deserved some pampering. Mr S Bascarene is a super friendly host and he runs a wonderful place. I was charmed, completely. Breakfasts were a problem, however. It is impossible to eat so much good food. My recommendation, book early, and don't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Mr Bascarene has a roof top room which is a little cheaper, still with the great breakfast
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Hughlebaron

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 19 March 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights in Feb and it was perfect. Large immaculate rooms, terrific breakfasts, a very helpful and informative owner. The location is just right, 2 blocks from the seawalk and very close to excellent restaurants. If you are looking for a lovely place to stay, this is it.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room off the dining room and it was very nice.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lindalt
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We arrived tired from our journey from bangalore, and when we reached pondy, we had difficulty finding les hibi....., we called mr.bascarane, who immediately rushed in to help ,traced us and guided us to his place.The place...it was love at first sight....beautiful rooms, affordable and a great breakfast..
We enjoyed the two days that we were at pondicherry and plan to stay at les hibiscus when we plan to come next.........meena

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
old windsor
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

This a charming place full of character and charm, great owner, delightful staff, nothing is is too much trouble, breakfasts are huge and delicious, the rooms are pretty, spacious and comfortable......Pondicherry is a surprising and exciting place to visit....

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank milksop
London
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I loved this place. It's a beautiful building in a lovely part of town, minutes away from some good restaurants. Our room was downstairs and was large and spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated. There was a tv with some english channels in the room, fluffy towels, free wi-fi and air conditioning.

The bathroom was lovely with a powerful hot shower in its own cubicle (a bit of a luxury for us) not the type where water goes everywhere and there were also some nice bathroom products.

The staff were wonderful and gave us a warm welcome.

The owner was great. Booking and checking in and out was easy and the owner helped arrange taxis and rikshaws for us.

Breakfast was magnificent, lots of fresh fruit and fresh bread and croissant.

This place is amazing value would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: The upper floor rooms are a bit more private than the downstairs room
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank eatydrinky
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Everyone prior to my review has said everything that can be said about this place and Mr. Bascarane's kindness, knowledge, hospitality and genuine love for his town. I'm of South Indian ethnicity and have visited India numerous times with my parents. I was happy that this was my find - my aunt and mom were very impressed and thought I spent a fortune not only for the lovely stay but because we had the best breakfast ever in India! - the juices, breads, yogurts...endless variety and quality! I wish we had more time just to stay at Les Hibuscus for many more days and just sit around, read a book, take in all the beautiful antiques and other characteristics of this little haven. I am recommending this place to everyone and anyone I know who will visit the South. I found the reviews of everyone on Trip Advisor very helpful and booked this place. Hope you do too... you won't regret it one bit!

Room Tip: I believe there are only 4-6 rooms in the place. I originally booked a smaller room because it was...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank neetuma
Upland, California
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Les Hibiscus is a beautiful experience, from the precious antiques, glorious breakfasts, unfailing tea offered after shopping sprees and a charming host in the French Quarter. The host, Bascarane, is more than helpful in everyday information, arranging trips and making his guests feel really special. This is a gorgeous home stay. Book ahead. The word is out. Barbara Heavin

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends