“Good hotel but not very near to sea beach”
Review of Ruthira Residence

Ruthira Residence
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pondicherry
Ruthira Residence
Ranked #84 of 150 Pondicherry B&B and Inns
chennai
“Good hotel but not very near to sea beach”
Reviewed 10 January 2013

The stay was good . The hotel is centrally Air conditioned . Its some what near to the Ashram (May be 500 mtrs) . The best thing about the hotel is that it has multiple attached restaurant .So getting food wont be a problem. Its very near to local street market so if you need a calm place you better avoid this one. You may find lot of hotels just adjacent to the philosopher Beach.

Room Tip: take in 1st floor not near to the restaurant .
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bangalore
Reviewed 4 January 2011

I checked into the hotel on 28th Morning and was given a Room 103. The whole room was smelling since the walls behind the bed was damp, I was told it rained the previous week. Since, I had no alternative I took the room. The bedsheets, pillow covers were not clean. We were given towels which were torn and tried to adjust considering my schedule. I requested for a different room and they showed me a room which was stinking and the manager flushed the loo and said now it is better and he will spray perfume which will take care. But I thought the room allocated to me is better and stayed back. The room was supposed be to a delux room and I asked what is the difference between a delux room and non-delux room, I was told the delux room has a view of the Road (with free noise pollution) and it is slightly bigger, other wise there is no difference. The room window class was broken and there were so many mosquitoes in the room, I checked with the front office for some mosquito mats @ around 3:00 am, since my son started getting mosquito boils on his body, but they did not have one. All along I did not wish to spoil my holiday mood, hence lived with the facilities available. Finally I informed them that I will check out on 30th morning and promptly I get a call @ 5:00am in the morning asking me to vacate the room immediately, I was totally pissed off, they said already the guest is waiting and I need to vacate the room sharp @ 5:30am which I did. I decided that I will write about this in the reviews.

They do not have any contacts for arranging for taxis etc. It is just a lodge rather than a hotel.

Nothing much, you just get a complementary mini breakfast consisting of (1 Small masala dosa, 1 idle with sambhar, 1 small cup pongal, 1 small cup kesri bath with 3 variety chutney).

This is the first hotel where the people are ready to throw you out, since they have done back to back booking.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family