Le Pondy
La Villa(Pondicherry)
US$185
US$179
1,166 results
All reviewspool villaprivate beachlake view roompresidential villaglass bridgevisited leopen bathroomclean beachprivate accessparadise beachbeautiful resortpool sidemain citykids play areaapproach roadnice poolthe cottages
Reviewed 14 February 2014

LePondy is one of the best resorts designed with taste, having independent cottages and very spacious rooms. It faces the sea as well as a lake. They have a good ayurvedic spa. They have a good swimming pool, and decent snacks. If you want to unwind, dig into good food, have a drink by pool side. A very good stay for family or for honey mooners. It is just on the outskirts of the main city away from it's hustle bustle.
A great value for money indeed.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the sea or the lake
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Moheet-Goyal
LePondypondicherry, General Manager at Le Pondy, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for staying with us and we are pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed the facilities and services offered by us.

The entire Le Pondy team is happy to note that you liked the location and ambiance of the resort, swimming pool, ayurveda therapies, food and services offered to you. We thank you for posting this valuable comment in Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcome you again at Le Pondy.

Reviewed 14 February 2014

We just made a plan to visit Pondi over the weekend. As had read a lot about Le Pondy on Tripadvisor, thought lets try. We bumped in to see that a marriage function was getting over and the room availability schedule was a bit tight. But the hotel staff was cordial and very nice to accommodate us.

The best is their private pool villa and access to the beach. The beach is kept neat and clean and you will find a place for yourself where you can sit and relax. Peace and fun both can be achieved a one shot.

The hotel is a bit pricey but the experience is awesome and fantastic.
It is very much away from the city so the best is to stay there if you have a car or self transport.

We thank the hotel for letting us pre-celebrate our wedding anniv and Valentine's day. It really made it special.

Room Tip: Choose Room No. 212 for Sunrise View and Sunset view
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Firstly, please accept our sincere appreciation for choosing Le Pondy.

On behalf of all at Le Pondy, I wish to thank you immensely for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor to convey such gracious comments. We are extremely happy to note that we were able to meet your expectation of a memorable holiday and you were able to take home wonderful memories.

The team and I, look forward to welcoming you back to Le Pondy.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I have this special fascination with sea & beaches. Might be because I was born in Mumbai but never stayed there.
LePondy is one of the best resorts if you want to unwind, dig into good food, have a drink by pool side. All this happens with sea breeze hitting you on your face as this resort is bang on the beach.
We had our team outbound here in Jan 2014. We contemplated lot of tourist attractions as we had folks from Delhi as well as Shanghai joining for this outbound. We finally zeroed down to LePondy as we wanted a place not very far from Bangalore. Goa was ruled out due to distance.
This place offers you almost everything you expect. Good rooms, ambiance, tasty food, excellent service and ofcourse private beach.
We reached very late (around 11 P.M) on Jan 22nd. Wrapped up our dinner kudos to resort folks who ensured we had food for us that late as well. After that guys had plans of a short drink session. we ordered sodas and soft-drinks around 12 in the night and to our surprise we got everything without anyone complaining or raising an eyebrow. We did order lime and salt after that for Tequila shots which also came promptly. So it was a dream start.
Next 2 days we were busy with our workshop and discussions. In evenings we had cocktail parties with DJ on last evening. They adjusted the snacks menu as per our request.
On last day we tried beach bike as well which was real fun.
We had 6 Sea Facing (out of total 12) and 7 lake facing rooms. Sea facing specially on the 1st floor is very cool. Sea breeze hits you directly and you actually start feeling cold sitting in lobby in evening.
Overall it was fun stay with everyone from my team going back happy and satisfied.
Perfect place to unwind and rejuvenate with family or friends.
Strongly recommended to everyone. Price wise it might be little bit on higher side but worth every penny in service and quality of overall stay.

Room Tip: Try to get Sea facing room on 1st floor and do try the beach bike for some fun.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

It was a pleasure to have you and your team staying with us and I would like to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write such a comprehensive review on your stay and for posting beautiful pictures of our resort.

I am glad to hear that everyone in your team including yourself enjoyed our hospitality, food, private beach and liked the ambiance and location of the resort.

We express our gratitude towards your comments about the service of our staff and thank you for recommending our resort to others.

The entire team at Le Pondy is looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

Le Pondy is among the top 2-3 resorts in pondicherry. The place is designed with taste, having independent cottages and a decent ayurvedic spa. They have a good swimming pool, and decent snacks. The only negative about the place is that the staff are not very experienced in service and the food is very disappointing. Overall a good place to visit only during the quieter weekends. When they have a group booking i would not recommend staying there as the place is very noisy with big groups and kills the idea of serenity that they promote.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking time to share your comments about your stay at Le Pondy.

We are happy to note that you liked the beautiful setting of the resort, layout of the room, Ayurvedic spa, Olympic sized swimming pool and snacks served to you. We have also noted your other points and positive steps will be taken to see that the property is elated to your expectations.

Again, thank you very much for your feedback and we wish to see you back to Le Pondy in the near future.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

Stayed at this lovely facility for one night. Reached the hotel after lunch on 30th and stayed for a night. The facility is near the beach and has a well maintained surroundings full of greenery. Had a great evening stroll on the beach followed by a swim in the swimming pool, which is well located and hygienic.The staff are cordial and very helpful. Was received by smiling trio at the reception and escorted to my room by Ms Usha who was always smiling... The room was large, Comfortable & Clean with a portico having seating arrangements.
The evening buffet had a nice spread but being a poor eater I opted for Ala Carte and the food was tasty and well served. The morning breakfast buffet was complimentary and had a decent spread.
On my way back from the beach, my belt buckle gave way and I was searching for the missing parts and retrieved almost all the parts except a missing screw. Mr Pradeep who was coming my way without even prompting offered to help repair the belt and within minutes returned to my room with the repaired buckle and I was so overwhelmed by his gesture as I did not have a spare belt with me...
I checked out and was travelling back to Chennai when I realised that I had left my wedding ring in the bathroom during showers and when telephoned, the hotel staff retrieved my ring back and handed over to me on my return. Sadly I forgot the name of the gentleman who found my ring and promptly handed over to the security.
Overall a nice facility....merged into the nature... with lot of fresh air the facility ideally located a bit far from the city chaos but not that far if you have a vehicle...
The only negative I faced was that... though it was supposed to be lake view, i could not see any lake from my room.

Room Tip: All rooms are good... but I suggest to take a sea view room
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for choosing Le Pondy as your destination of choice for your recent trip to Pondicherry.

I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and would like to thank you for sharing your delightful experience on “Trip Advisor”. I will, of course, share your positive feedback with our team members.

Thank you once again for your valued feedback and we look forward to your return in the very near future to Le Pondy.