“AWESOME PLACE.......”
Review of Le Pondy

Le Pondy
Ranked #9 of 85 Hotels in Pondicherry
Reviewed 10 May 2014

it's a greereat place for perfect family getaway,we were there for two days ,if you are in pondy,dont miss to go to le pondy.fentastic service.Rooms are spacious and always kept clean.
we liked this place and like to go there again........

Room Tip: go for first floor room for better view.......
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
LePondypondicherry, General Manager at Le Pondy, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Guest

Firstly, please accept our sincere appreciation for choosing Le Pondy.

On behalf of all at Le Pondy, I wish to thank you immensely for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor and to convey such gracious comments. We are extremely happy to note that we were able to meet your expectation of a memorable holiday and you were able to take home wonderful memories.

We look forward to welcoming you to Le Pondy again for your next holiday.

09585551301 | gm@lepondy.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,135)

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Loved the stay at this wonderful property. Courteous staff, clean rooms, lovely swimming pool (may it was more lovey because of summer). It almost had a private beach with almost no local crowd. Kids had wonderful time at the games center with Foosball, Table Tennis and Snooker tables around.

Room Tip: If you enjoy running on the beach, don't go towards the city side as it not that clean.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
LePondypondicherry, General Manager at Le Pondy, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Le Pondy and for sparing your valuable time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to know that you liked your stay with us. Your comments is what motive me & my entire team to make your stay pleasant during your every visit to Le Pondy.

My team and I would be happy to facilitate it, and look forward to welcoming you at Le Pondy soon

Reviewed 7 May 2014

On a tour of India, with my daughter, through Indus Travel of Richmond, B.C., Canada and Hi Tours of India.
Fly to Chennai and drive to Pondicherry which is a 2.5 - 3 hour drive. Checked into Le Pondy on Feb 2 with check out on Feb 8, a six night stay. The front desk clerk welcomes us to the resort and immediately follows with that they have a problem with our reservation. They have a big function (Indian wedding) and want to move us on the last night to a downtown hotel, they wanted to take us to the hotel to take a look & they would arrange all of our move. I advised I had no desire to move downtown and disrupt our stay. I advised that I booked this "beach resort" months ago and we have a confirmed reservation. The clerk was quite insistent that they would take me downtown to look at the hotel. At this point he was joined by another gentleman, who did not identify himself, and I was later to learn was the resort manager, Arun Raghavan, I said I paid for a beach front resort and I that I was not moving downtown. The clerk said they have been trying to contact us through Hi Tours which is not true because I talked to Hi Tours a couple times in the previous couple days & they never mentioned any problems with my reservation. I thought I put an end to my moving by telling both of these people that I was not prepared to move. The next day I had another conversation with the front desk manager and the guest services executive who both tried to arrange for me to look at the downtown hotel and commit to moving on the last night, told them both absolutely not and said I did not want to discuss the matter further. I thought that was finally the end of the issue, it was not. On the third day my daughter, who was obviously upset, came to get me at the pool to say that they were asking us to move again. I immediately went to the lobby and demanded to see the front desk manager and the resort manager. I confronted the resort manager, Mr. Raghavan, and pointedly told him that he had totally upset my daughter & myself with his aggressive efforts to have us move despite telling him on the first day that I was not going to move. I said that I had a confirmed reservation & by law I did not have to move and if he wanted to force the issue he could get the police down to the resort & evict me! He said that would not be necessary and I again and for the last time emphatically told him that I did not wish to hear about the move again and asked him if he understood, he advised he did and fortunately I did not hear about it again. His actions really ruined our first three days at the resort and created a lot of discomfort and stress for both my daughter & I, to the point that, upon my return to Canada, I contacted their corporate office, The Joy's Resorts & Hotels, for reimbursement of those first three days at Le Pondy. There is absolutely no justification for a guest at a resort to be treated in the manner in which we were treated by this manager. When I told him no on the first day that should have been the end of it, and to then sic his staff on us was just reprehensible.

I was left with the distinct impression that the resort management valued their Indian guest over their foreign travelers.

The response from Le Pondy's corporate office, on my concerns, took over a month and what they offered was that they would like to make it up to me for my discomfort and did acknowledge their managers bad behaviour by extending me a 02 nights & 03 days complimentary stay at their resort on my next visit. REALLY!! Had to read it twice because I thought they were joking!!

I replied if they had taken the time to look at my address and that by living on the west coast of Canada the chances of me travelling to India to take advantage of their disingenuous offer was pretty remote. But I suspect that they were very aware of my residence and made the offer with the knowledge that they would not have to come through. Good management practices? I guess it is with the Joy's Resorts & Hotels. It seems that the attitude of management in the resort is a reflection of the corporate level.

From reading another review it seems that my experience is not unique as the astounding review of the guests from Russia seem to highlight the managements disdain for foreign tourists.

Because of my experience I cannot in good faith recommend that any foreign traveler try their luck at Le Pondy. It is a shame because the resort, visually, is a very nice one and we met some very good staff, but we just cannot discount our treatment.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Bryan G
LePondypondicherry, General Manager at Le Pondy, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for writing a comprehensive review about your stay at Le Pondy.

First of all let me apologize again for trying to shift to another hotel on the last day of your stay.

We have tried to shift you to a downtown hotel including transfers because we were worried and concerned about your privacy and comfort as this wedding was a big one and when family and friends reunite there will be lot of entertainment programmes and functions which could be a disturbance for you and we never wanted your last day at to resort to be a bad one. Sometimes things done with good intentions will back fire and the same happened here too. When you have told your intention to stay back at out Resort we have made a separate team only for you and your daughter to ensure you get the best service.

We have lot of guests from India and abroad and we treat everyone equally and provide all our guests the best service.

Once again I apologize for any inconvenience caused by me.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I had booked a pool villa for me and two of my friends in July 2013 for two nights. The room was perfect, neat and clean but the pool would be the most favorite section of the villa. The privacy we got in the villa helped us relax and enjoy our holiday to the max. The hotel opens to a beach which was clean and not at all crowded. The hotel property is extremely beautiful. The buffet spread available during the morning breakfast is extensive and very tasty. Staff is extremely courteous. Would love to go there again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your most generous and motivating feedback of your stay with us. We hope that we continue to give you delightful experiences in future also.

We are delighted to know that you liked our private pool villa & you enjoyed to your best, we have also noted that you liked our breakfast buffet spread. Your word of appreciation have been conveyed to the concerned departments.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you here again.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I had my lunch with colleagues at this place on 30 April 2014. The buffet spread was very good. The staff were very pleasant and cooperating. I felt like staying at this place. I might do this next time. Best place for a vacation.

Room Tip: Go for the buffet at leisurely pace.. it is good..
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback through TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our restaurant services& the food during your visit to Le Pondy.

We look forward to the pleasure of your continued visits and this visit we want you to stay with us & provide us the opportunity to serve you during your stay also.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed there with family for three nights. Excellent place. Rooms are clean and quite big. Bathroom is big. Service is very efficient and prompt. Food is very tasty. Staff members are good. Swimming pool water is clean. They have a secluded beach quite clean and scenic. Overall enjoyed every moment of the stay. Their pool villas are very nice.

Only aspect pinched is their room tariffs. I feel it is bit over priced compared to the place.

Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to read your generous feedback of your stay with us. Indeed it was our pleasure to have you with us. We hope that we continue to give you delightful experiences in future also.

I would be pleased to share your encouraging comments with our team here. It’s such an honor to for us to read such reviews and constantly strive for excellence for our dear guests.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you here soon.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Its was a Ultimate stay.... Wanna get back to this resort always. Food, stay everything is superb. They have a Private beach, which adds to the beauty.. And 5 star standards..

Love Le Pondy!!! I give them a 10 on 10.

Room Tip: Beach facing room
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank PriyaManjunath

Dear Guest,

Your word of compliments are unsurpassed. Thank you very much for giving us the opportunity to show case our hospitality and we are pleased to hear you have had a memorable stay. We all as a team feel proud to be the part of such an outstanding brand.

We hope to have a chance of welcoming you back in not the distance future.