Took off from Chennai for short holiday trip with my friends. Stayed in Le Pondy for 2 nights in the month of August 2014. Booked the reservation online without any issues.
Check in was smooth and was handled professionally (Sathya from front office did a good job in making us comfortable). The beach facing room was clean and the Air conditioner worked very well.
Having stayed outside India for long, would relate the cleanliness and hygine to western standards
Overall Ambience, food and the place was simply great for our trip. Enjoyed it to the fullest.
Le Pondy is definitely a good holiday resort to be with family and friends and also to host parties. Room service was really good and was always on time. Special appreciation to Parthiban whose service was very good
I would definitely recommend this place to any one who wants to have a get away from routine life
However, there are few areas to improve and those are
1) Poor Wifi connectivity; which went on and off creating some discomfort
2) Ability to generate invoices during settlement (This is the second time, I heard the excuse that the server went down and can't generate invoice). But I got a manual voucher acknowledging the receipt of cash towards settlement
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Pondy, situated at Pondicherry is a premium leisure resort beautifully lounged at an estuary between Chunnambar River and the Bay of Bengal. Le Pondy celebrates Pondicherry in all its true sense - the spirit, the architecture and the revelry. Pondicherry is one of the most popular tourist destinations in South India. It is also known as The French Riviera of the East. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Le Pondy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Pondy Hotel Pondicherry