“My 1-day exp in Le Pondy” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Pondy

Le Pondy
Ranked #8 of 73 Hotels in Pondicherry
Chennai (Madras), India
“My 1-day exp in Le Pondy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2014

Let me begin with the hospitality which was very good, the response from the manager and his staff is quick and very polite. Next is the place which was quiet yet lively. We had a Day Outing event with my colleagues and all 60 of us returned happy at the end of the day. The pool in the lawn next to the dining area is quite an experience in itself.
Now comes the most important part of any resort - its food quality and variety. When I had the menu in hand for the next day I wasnt very convinced as I was hardly given any options to change the menu as it was the Restaurant menu for next day lunch Buffet. But when I met Chef Manoj, menu seemed promising and he did induce a few changes even at the last minute considering my request for Deserts section.
And my reaction for the entire menu - IT WAS DELICIOUS AND A LOT OF VARIETIES - especially the Deserts and Non veg main course.

Lastly, something I was a bit disappointed about was the Usage of Swimming pool - mandatory you need a swimsuit but there is no provision even in the resort.

Overall, I was satisfied with the exp in Le pondy.

Room Tip: I havent used any rooms
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (414)
  • Korean first
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

So we didnt stay here , so my review wont include the rooms and food.

we were in pondicherry and decided to go to this resort for a day as it had access to teh beach and we really wanted to run away from teh crowd in pondicherry on a long weekend. It felt like whole india was in pondicherry .

anyways , so yeah, That was the best decision of the day. Google maps are really good in finding any place these days. so switch it on and you will be surprised .

We reached here somewhere around in the afternoon. The approach road is really bad . i was surprised because two big resorts ( le pondy and one more kailash resoort i guess) are on teh same road and the road is not even built properly.

But as soon as we eneterd the property , the well maintained green lawns kept us in Awe. The property is huge and really beautiful with one side a lake view and the other side the sea.

From the receptio to the bar/restaurant/swimming pool area , there is an artificial pond of lotus and there is glass walk, Thi swill impress you if you havent been impressed with the lawns and the reception. :).

The beach is really beautiful, White sand, very clean and very less people around. I would recommend this place for everybody who wants to run away from the maddening crowd. because this place feels like paradise . Oh i guess the beach name is paradise becah :). I think it was the most beautiful thing in pondicherry .

After the sea strolling for 2 hours we were very tired as the heat starts to get on you, we decide to head to the bar and have some drinks. It was afternoon and we were the only ones in the bar. what are the chances :). really awesome.we had a couple of drinks there , hanged out there for about an hour.

Service : the Bar guys were really sweet and they made the drinks exactly how we wanted. we were not hungry so we dint have any food there.

So you must go to this place even if you are not staying , and trust me you wont regret it.

Room Tip: Look for sea view or lake view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Le pondy...ooh....just returned from a two night stay...And what a experience...comfortable rooms,wonderful villas,beautiful beach side pool,tasty food,courteous staff.....one of my best ever stay at a resort....

• Stayed August 2014
      Cleanliness
3 Thank Varshana
Kolkata, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

A very good resort for all ages . I booked a lake view room for me and my family . The staff were very polite and making all necessary arrangements to make every guest comfortable. My travel period was 15/8/14 to 17/8/14. Initially I thought the travel time was peak and maybe the the hotel will not overall look thru all the guests as all rooms were sold out as said in earlier reviews . But the hotel staff were too trained to handle all situations . The resort was located in a little isolated from city but the place is ideal for holiday . The rooms were very clean with toilets . The food was good also. Overall I would recommend to everyone

Room Tip: lake rooms are all good apart from other rooms
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank abs515
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

We had been there at the end of July 2014 and as a family of 4 adults we had taken 2 lake view rooms. The check in was very fast and efficient although we had to wait some time for one room as both the rooms first allotted to us were twin beds inspite of specifying the requirement on email while booking. However within a very short time the mistake was rectified which shows the efficiency of the staff. The rooms were spacious and clean and well maintained and they are one storey buildings only having two adjoining rooms at the ground and upper level. The buffet spread was good. The kids enjoyed the meals there. Special mention for Chef Shirjit who went out of his way to make sure I had my special salad during the daytime to avoid my food allergies.

The beach is extremely good and clean and they have a direct access to it. Although having our own vehicle we did not face any trouble with transportation in and out of the hotel and yes it would be preferable as it is very inside from the main road and getting transportation would be difficult. However, I am sure the hotel arranges something if need arises. Overall a very pleasant stay and would definitely recommend it because of the ambiance, the friendly staff and overall experience.

Room Tip: We stayed in lake view rooms and were very happy with them.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Potomac, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on December 30 and 31, 2013 nights with an explicit objective of enjoying a New Year Eve at the beach location. We were not dissapointed for selecting this hotel. The location is wonderful, albeit slightly interior in the city to reach but our driver managed to find it. The beach around the property is clean and inviting for long walk. The property is very spacious with well managed lawn as well as a swimming pool. We stayed in the corner room on second floor facing sea that offered an excellent view of Sunset from a spacious balcony. Rooms are clean. However, the bathrooms need better upgrade, clear lighting, and the cleaning lady left the floor undesirably wet after 'doing the room'. The staff at the front desk is very courteous and always ready to help. The massage facilities are good. The restaurant offers very good spread of breakfast dishes but the dinner as well as lunch buffet are average. The best part of our stay was an outstanding celebration of New Years' eve on the hotel premise. The hotel offered variety of cuisine including international dishes. The taste was not of gourmet quality but was certainly above average for most preparations. More emphasis was on pastries, cakes and cookies. Coming from the USA, we were pleasantly surprised by an innovative ice scupture (Santa Claus) that the staff prepared on reasonably hot evening! It melted fast but lasted at least an hour for all to take photographs!! The wine selection at the dinner is modest and could be improved. The firework at midnight to usher-in New Year was spectacular! Overall, we enjoyed the stay and likely to return again in future.

Room Tip: Ask for sea-facing rooms away from swimming pool to enjoy sitting in balcony. Near swimming pool, so...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Arrived on 6th Aug 2014 , check in was within 5-7 min hassell free, stayed in both villa n sea view room, property has a great ambiance , with historical touch, located on edge of lake n sea with direct access to a beach... Please note it is good if u have a private vehicle of ur own, cos its very inside and difficult to find auto or taxi. Hotel taxi is bit costly but good service.

Rooms: Great room with open air bathroom and also private pool, service is great n staff r really friendly, special khichdi is available complimentary for babies .Villa is very spacious and good to relax. Sea view room has awesome view and really loved it.

Resturant is good but not great, can be bit more tasty but its difficult to find tasty food in 4 or 5*
hotels.

Over all u can enjoy 2 or 3 nights stay here n get urself relaxed.

Room Tip: All villas are same, but sea view rooms 211 and 210 are good .
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family