“Excellent No Frills Budget in City .... Pure Veg, No Drinks Served”
Review of Hotel Abi Krishna

Hotel Abi Krishna
Ranked #68 of 85 Hotels in Pondicherry
Reviewed 1 September 2014

This is the first time I will have only pro's to write and no cons :), this itself tells the gyst
Excellent Interiors both hotel and rooms
Very thoughtfully made rooms with separator to give feel of suite
Managed by owners and they take extra care
prices of room service are good
Well located inside city
Pire Veg, No Drinks Served which may be a dampener for a few :)
Simply Awesome!!!!

Room Tip: The suites have a seperator to give look and feel of suite
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rohitprakashmathur

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I visited Pondicherry with my family in the first week of August. We had a great stay at Abi Krishna! Great and a quiet place! Very comfortable and service was also great! Reasonable prices and it also houses a great restaurant!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I visited this place this summer and had read multiple reviews in Trip Advisor before choosing this place. Localitywise, Approach to the hotel is bit clumpsy, say small road through which you have to navigate to. Rooms are clean and neat but not wisely planned. there is too much of interiors which is not needed. Parking is not a covered parking though there are security to monitor and who are very helpful. Service, its on your own, you have to carry luggage to and fro your rooms, atleast that was the case for me. It is only the news paper that reaches on time.

Food, as long as you choose buffet you are placed good, nice and neat south indian food, but when you choose from alacarte, you get the food in varied order as and when it is prepared. I ordered, Gobi Manchurian, Pulka, curry, Pulav.. i got it in Pulav and curry, then 10 minutes later Roti then 15 minutes later pulka.

Most horrific experience i had was on the last day, hotel has a small hall for meeting etc and there was some reception that day, we couldnt get dinner that day as boys were busy, and then at night there was lot of noise till 12 in the midnight, i had to call reception multiple times to make them realize that we are really disturbed.

I would still rate the restaurant good based on first two days stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are same, doesn't matter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nbh_bng
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Had been to Abi krishna a couple of times, rooms are updated to suit the current trend. A pure veg hotel with no bar facility in pondicherry is something unique and is appreciable. Recommend this place for family who do not want to be disturbed by drunken people. Staff are polite and friendly.
The food is awesome which brings back your memories at home.

Overall its truly a Home away from Home.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank pradeep k
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I visited Pondicherry with my family last month. Heard about this place through my friend.The people in the front desk was very helpful and they also gave information about some place to visit in Pondy. The rooms were really nice, well kept and amazing service. Food at the place is also like homemade.They had a large variety of south Indian vegetarian food in the buffet.I liked thier dosa very much. My family were really comfortable at this place and I would recommend to all my friends/family visiting Pondicherry...During my next visit I would surely stay in this Hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Anushya K
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel few weeks back with my family. I was amazed by the ambience the hotel had when I first checked in. It felt like I was in a five star hotel when I compare to the other ones in Pondy. To start with, the room service and hospitality provided by the staffs were generous and out of bounds. To my surprise, the food they provided were very authentic and my whole family were very ecstatic about it. Overall, I know where I am going to stay whenever I am in Pondy.
I would highly recommend this awesome hotel to my friends and relatives.

Note: I had a chance to visit their conference centers and party halls. they were very well designed for office get together and meetings as well.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kirthika B
Reviewed 20 April 2014

The hotel itself is descent and price reasonable but small stretch of road leading to the hotel from the main road is not that well.
The staff are very friendly and they arrange for auto/taxi for your trip if requested.
Complimentary breakfast provided is too good and for dinner you have buffet.But if you dont want to have buffet , they give option to have customized order.
If you plan to have your food side , mind that there is no good restaurants in walkable distance from the hotel , at least veg restaurants.
Rooms are descent and very well maintained.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple